• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Year in review: hearing hard truths about First Nations farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning CC...

That humanity treats itself in unjust manners... is a given... from the decision to seek knowledge... and choose to disobey the creator of this universe.... evil has been present in our 'civilization'.

How each of us choose to treat other humans... and creation... is a personal responsibility... that after we die; we will be held accountable for.

Have no fear, CC; what we sow, we shall reap.

Because we are all personally responsible for our actions...

Let us, each one of us; because our creator insists that we are all equal and created in his image... choose to Love one another and each have the self-discipline to hate evil, be kind, love our enemies, and trust God to bring justice to humanity; when, where, and how our Creator chooses to.

I can only be responsible for my actions... let us each seek truth, billions of copies of the Holy Bible, are available... for those who choose to seek the Truth. Otherwise this discussion is pointless!

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Happy Reading CC!

Comment

The first step in reconciliation is understanding the history of what really happened to first nations and what is happening to them now.

Taking away their land, culture, dignity and independence was what happened.

They were purposely forced onto small reserves in many cases with starvation and planned dependence on the federal government.

Anybody who dosen't accept that past treatment has had a profund impact on the current state of first nations is in denial.

Its a shared responsibility to fix the current problems.

Comment

CC:

You missed the point many have presented:

Personal Responsibility.

I can only change myself.

Therefore CC… by your example…. You can be a leader… and bring‘freedom’ to those people whom you can.

I am responsible for myself and my future.

Comment

Ya, he was looking for a fight he never got.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Ya, he was looking for a fight he never got.
              chuck is the guy who believes the govt can do no wrong, now tells us the govt did wrong. The self own is incredible.

Really throws a wrench into the marxist way. Imagine the mental gymnastics at work there.

let the govt handle it, but there will be no reparations or private land back happening. Crown owns 90% of the country, let them give land back first.

Comment

I went to high school with Judge Gerald Morin.
                He got an Order of Canada recently.
                Kind of the equivalent of knighthood and a Sir in front of your name.
                Probably one of the most successful guys I know.
                Nobody ever looked at Gerry as under privileged as he created his own image. Strong athlete who played multiple sports,good student who took stacks of homework home and always had the best looking girls.
                Made his own success.
                Will tell you it was hard work but he knew where he wanted to go.
                In a recent interview he said he tells young kid in front of him in court;

"Stay in school, learn how to say a key word… ‘no’,” said Morin. “No, I have to study; no, I have to work on this project. Those are the messages the young people need.”

Comment

Just want to point out, he's Metis.

To separate Nations!

Comment

Your right.

At school the Metis used to tease us they had to walk to school like us but our friends with treaty got the taxi!
                    They all came from Cumberland House.

Comment

Interesting story !

Comment

Tom, lack of "Personal Responsibility" is the only problem? Are you serious?

And how would "personal responsibility" solve all the problems that were created by the indian act, residential schools, poverty on uneconomic reserves, let alone the systemic racism?

What did Prime Minister Harper apologize in the House of Commons for? Did you forget already?

Comment

Following buffalo all day and realizing it’s mice for supper is real poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

And how would "personal responsibility" solve all the problems that were created by the indian act, residential schools, poverty on uneconomic reserves, let alone the systemic racism?

What did Prime Minister Harper apologize in the House of Commons for? Did you forget already?
                            why did numbnuts not want chiefs and councils to be accountable ?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

So what is the solution for the wrongs done to native people? Reserves, Indian Act and the problems resulting from it see no end in sight because reserves and Indian act still in place. Said before white man came chief and council didn’t exist. It was an invention of the powers at the time. Here’s a video from a native guy I found thought provoking. Ties in with your agenda 2030 You should watch it.
                              https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFEMhago/

Been watching some YouTube videos from Russia of journalists visiting the far east of Siberia. Similar situation. Resident populations ethnically diverse almost like our native people here. No work, living in crumbling cities with no real hope drunk most of the time. Heck a lot of Russians probably live that way. What do you think has caused these parallels? Please think and respond.

Comment

Stating the obvious CC…

I know people of native heritage…. Who were, are, and continue to be prosperous, productive, people.

Just as Hutterites are often successful, prosperous, productive contributors to Canadian and Global civilization…

So there are plenty of native people and organizations who make valuable contributions to humanity.

Any person can be a victim… their heritage is secondary to their personal lives and how they deal with life’s challenges.

Personal responsibility… CC…

Stop being a victim… take responsibility for your own destiny!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...