• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV back then?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EV back then?

Didn't realize there was EV at that time.

chuck way ahead of his time...actually a FOSSIL? Soon to be ...

Anyone see the EV Case backhoe?

The CASE 580 EV, the construction industry’s first fully electric backhoe loader, has been honored with a 2020 Innovative Iron Award from Compact Equipment magazine.

Comment

I do believe Jay Leno has a few antique EVs. I just googled it and one looks like the pic you shared.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Didn't realize there was EV at that time.
        shit , i didn't either ??
        range on a charge abut the same as now!

Comment

The EVs of yesterday are like the thinking of many posters on Agrisilly. Out of date and irrelevant to the 21st century. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            The EVs of yesterday are like the thinking of many posters on Agrisilly. Out of date and irrelevant to the 21st century. LOL
            Not unlike the CWB ….. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              Just shows you we are going full circle.
              EV was tried.
              Wind chargers and wind mills were here in the 50's..
              Oh ya climate change was also in those yrs..
              People worked hard to get to where we are now..
              But you want to go in reverse..

Comment

College in Nunavut, roof covered in solar panels, for a year...not ONE watt generated!

Dumb and dumber, dumbest are green left libtard covidiots.

Comment

absolutely f u c k i n amazing !
                  grants woulda been huge !

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    College in Nunavut, roof covered in solar panels, for a year...not ONE watt generated!

Dumb and dumber, dumbest are green left libtard covidiots.
                    It may seem like low-hanging fruit, but the simple notion of switching from diesel power plants to cleaner energy is a mighty task with many obstacles.

Disagreement with the utiities about using the grid as free storage. And how much that will drive up costs to all the other electricity users.

I seem to recall explaining this to Chuck many times in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Not unlike the CWB ….. LOL
                      Not quite, the CWB was never relevant in any century.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        https://www.cbc.ca/newsinteractives/...qaluit-QEC-NNC

Disagreement with the utiities about using the grid as free storage. And how much that will drive up costs to all the other electricity users.

I seem to recall explaining this to Chuck many times in the past.
                        don't think it sunk in , lol

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          don't think it sunk in , lol
                          I don't think anything sinks in with this one.

Comment

And the flat earthers don't even read the whole article! They can only think of the negative because Canada is a shithole country don't you know. LOL

https://www.cbc.ca/newsinteractives/features/diesel-solar-wind-electricity-remote-Iqaluit-QEC-NNC

"Remote communities take action

Despite these challenges, some remote Canadian communities are beginning to slash their diesel use.

In Old Crow, Yukon, a community about 130 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle, a solar project provides about 25 per cent of the electricity and reduces the amount of diesel they need to fly in by almost 200,000 litres. The community continues to rely on its own isolated grid.

After construction was completed in 2021, the diesel power plant went silent during the summer months for the first time in 50 years.

Jay Massie describes it as “a beautiful silence in the community.” Most importantly, he says, the lights are still on.

He’s the vice-president of northern development and Indigenous relations with ATCO Electric, which built the project and buys the electricity. He’s also a member of the Ta’an Kwäch’än Council in Whitehorse.
                            A close-up shot of solar panels.
                            A sign on the side of a building welcomes visitors to the community of Old Crow, Yukon.
                            Old Crow's solar farm is made up of over 2,000 panels, a 616kW battery energy storage system and micro-grid controller to help power the community of about 235 people. The panels provide about a quarter of the community's electricity needs. (CBC)

There were challenges with construction in such a secluded location, he said, but the solar facility is working as expected. Similar projects are now being designed for three other remote communities in the territory.

The Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation owns the facility and earned about $400,000 in profits in the first year, which was re-invested in the community. Utility rates have remained unchanged.

Batteries are overcoming any intermittency issues, Massie says, and storage technology will have an important role to play for years to come as renewable energy expands to other remote communities in Canada.

There was a time when I didn’t believe 25 per cent [renewables] was going to happen. So yes, I do believe at some point 100 per cent is going to be able to happen from renewables.
                            Jay Massie, vice-president of northern development and Indigenous relations with ATCO Electric

For now, renewables can help reduce diesel use, he says, and maybe one day they will allow communities to shut off their diesel power plants entirely.

“There was a time when I didn’t believe 25 per cent [renewables] was going to happen. So yes, I do believe at some point 100 per cent is going to be able to happen from renewables,” he said.

“The key item in these communities is how we store that energy so it’s able to be used right when we need it.”

In Old Crow, the community is now exploring the development of a wind farm."
                            Last edited by chuckChuck; Nov 29, 2022, 16:40.

Comment

Hey where did all the complainers and shit holers go after I posted the whole story about how renewables are starting to replace diesel generators and providing alot of electrcity in some communities in the north?

Maybe they are busy on their party lines or sitting in their outdoor toilets reading the Eatons catalogue for Christmas shopping? LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.