• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Peas

I dropped the ball and didn't move many Peas at harvest. I guess $8.00 wasn't enough. Damn. Anyone's local elevators taking Peas?

no price for peas or lentils..

Comment

no everyone has withdrawn their bids . unreal , never saw that around here before . many contracted haven't been taken , so all that has to go first . could still get $8 here in late aug . we had sold 20 bpa and they are gone , luckily . not looking good here. already hearing stories of processors coming up with problems with the peas to try and get out of contracts , maybe peas are no good , never saw them , hopefully that is the case . we had contracts at 3 different places and all went good .
      a fellow told me today that he put a $4.25 target in for feed barley for nov and they picked it up , sure beats that stupid malt

Comment

Local elevator here shipped there last pea cars in Sept and they did not know when they would ship the next one. Very unusual in the fall here.

Comment

Fellas and gals let's all include more pulses in our rotation, hell we have the world s greatest entrepreneur here buying pulse hell he made 4 million in what just 10 years was it and we can't move them?
          Hahahaha do we even have any rural mps and mlas. Wonder if the pulse man is on the hide the money list in the caymans? Hahaha if it wasn't so serious it would be a comedic story for movie.

Comment

Canada is becoming last resort supplier, other countries producing and selling for less than we can. It's that simple.

Comment

Looks like I will be dining on pea soup for a couple years.

Comment

And here I thought I was missing out on the good net income that yellow peas and red lentils bring.

Comment

Pea demand usually drops off this time of year and restarts in Jan-Feb when another round of shipping occurs. Hard to say how much of a rebound or when given India's very firm stance on protecting there farmers.

They have talked about import tarrifs, restrictions, and will also be raising the minimum farm income subsidy over there. They were elected with promises to help domestic farmers which is what they are doing right now.

Doesn't help black sea peas are pretty darn cheap right now compared to us. The small amount they will import will be coming from them unless something happens dollar or gov policy wise.

Comment

Trudeau could be buying thousands of tonnes of lentils from Canadian farmers and sending them to starving nations in Africa instead of writing cheques to foreign dictators that leave the people starving.....

Oops that's what a free market economy like the states do with their foreign food policy....

Comment

I haven't grown yellow peas in years, or red lentils. I can say I probably missed a couple of good years lately. But with the current snails pace of exports compared to the pace of the last couple/three years, it must feel like things are moving backwards for people looking to sell or ship.

Does 101 have a chart showing export volumes?

Comment

Dismal. Worst start since fall of 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                          Pea demand usually drops off this time of year and restarts in Jan-Feb when another round of shipping occurs. Hard to say how much of a rebound or when given India's very firm stance on protecting there farmers.

They have talked about import tarrifs, restrictions, and will also be raising the minimum farm income subsidy over there. They were elected with promises to help domestic farmers which is what they are doing right now.

Doesn't help black sea peas are pretty darn cheap right now compared to us. The small amount they will import will be coming from them unless something happens dollar or gov policy wise.
                          first round hasn't started yet , elevators haven't shipped any

Comment

Don't hear lyle Stewart bragging about exports from Saskatchewan or talk about the repercussions of shitty grain movement because he thinks new grain bins are a sign of great things...

Interesting factoid....much of grandpa's wealth the young punks are spending on land and bins was built with nowhere near the farm infrastructure of today. ....

Not envious just facts....

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              first round hasn't started yet , elevators haven't shipped any
                              First Round did happen for some but not for everyone. Hard to say where exactly peas that went to the coast were shipped from likely more east half of the prairies which were done sooner than the west side.

I doubt people thought coast demand would dry up like it has.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.