• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-3 C in parts of s. mb this morning. Looks like those who like to seed canola the first week of May are going to have to make a trip to their favorite agri-retailer for more seed this morning.

Comment

Cold start to the morning again -1 wow. let's get so excited about plant 19.

Again I can't believe how many pulse acres are in our area. one young gun seeded 5 quarters to peas. 800 to 1000 acres peas. That's 1/4 his farm.

Cost?

Another farm north has 640 last year 320.

We dropped peas last few years from 1200 to 640.

Canola acres are down in our area.

Comment

Let's look at reality.

$6.45 to $6.15. Fall price locked in now.

60 x 6.15 $369

25 x 6.15 = 153.

Crap insurance at 80%

30 x 7 = 210.00

I just don't get why peas are being planted in mass amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Let's look at reality.

60 x 6.15 $369

25 x 6.15 = 153.

Crap insurance at 80%

30 x 7 = 210.00

To be honest.... lots are short of cash, financing has tightened up dramatically so the easy button is pulse crops. Cut out a huge chunk of the fert bill. Right or wrong I think that’s a reality this spring

Comment

It's a crop guys can seed cheap... 3 bpa of seed a bit of Phos and innoculate.

Edit in, sorry furrow I didn't mean to repeat

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              It's a crop guys can seed cheap... 3 bpa of seed a bit of Phos and innoculate.

Edit in, sorry furrow I didn't mean to repeat
              No worries ... it is what it is .

Comment

I get that part 100%. It's welcome to the 80s all over again. Next is the USA subsidize and Canada says farmers your on your own.

Comment

I get that part 100%. It's welcome to the 80s all over again. Next is the USA subsidize and Canada says farmers your on your own.
                  Getting 60b peas is no slam dunk. Lots of those pea yields are 2/3rds that sometimes. Here on the gumbo, root rot can really hit them. There is so many lentils going in here I am sure we kill that market next.

Comment

Let's look at reality.

60 x 6.15 $369

25 x 6.15 = 153.

Crap insurance at 80%

30 x 7 = 210.00

Cheap to grow
                    Good for the land
                    60 bpa pretty normal here sticking to the 10 year rotation
                    Off early , out of the way
                    Binned all ours and squeaked about $6.85 ave outta them ave . Augered them into grain cart , into truck, into bin , into truck and splits ave about 2.5% , dont have a conveyor
                    Only use 1/2 rate pursuit on them , no viper so far
                    I like them

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      To be honest.... lots are short of cash, financing has tightened up dramatically so the easy button is pulse crops. Cut out a huge chunk of the fert bill. Right or wrong I think that’s a reality this spring
                      We have had a decade long run of good yields and in that decade a 3 year run of profit prices. Why would lots of farmers be short of cash?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                        We have had a decade long run of good yields and in that decade a 3 year run of profit prices. Why would lots of farmers be short of cash?
                        For the same reason the oil patch guys who were making mega bucks had to give up there houses and fancy trucks..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          For the same reason the oil patch guys who were making mega bucks had to give up there houses and fancy trucks..
                          Consolidation, consolidation, consolidation. Suspect any profits made were sunk into iron and rent.

Comment

I still say something is up I would say extra credit is gone. Costs up so you work around. Next spring could be ugly.

Comment

Money is tight because EVERYTHING is way over priced. Addiction to iron and max inputs just don’t work when crops and prices end up Avg at worst. We need a fix on this big shotitis mentality. Land price and rent are ridiculous and until guys lose out for a couple years the stupidity will continue. Some of these young guys don’t have a clue about hard times. If u were young helping on the farm in the eighties u understood the fine line between winning and losing. Like most things as time moves on a lot forget about the past or never experienced it so it becomes the new norm. Then Bam the holy F#@$ moment hits and they’re like what do we do? Don’t wish it on anyone but the bigger is better mentality is way out of hand. For some it is just never enuf.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                                My biggest issue this year is calibration of my Morris tank. Fert from Richardson's very inconsistent. Very dusty and goes through the drill to fast and the next load almost wet. Recalibrating all the time. Most years my tank is very accurate and easy to set but very different this year.
                                It might not work for everyone, but since going liquid, I haven't had one problem.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.