• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen/chuck wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primary shipments and terminal bulk receipts are running about 18% higher than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      Primary shipments and terminal bulk receipts are running about 18% higher than last year.
      Excellent news but ...my local 40000 tonne elevat or hasn't shipped a train for weeks. ...plugged...

Now where is the grain being shipped from to the west coast to have 18 percent ahead of last year....are they doing the short runs Alberta to Vancouver and Winnipeg to Thunder Bay....

Qualify the statement if possible 101....

Comment

Shortage of containers showing up as Cdn consumption fell off. Containers of lentils are sitting in Montreal for weeks waiting for available ships. Not good!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
          And where are all those USA buyers that were supposedly going to flood across the 49th driving right up to your farmgate with their cheque book in their hands to buy your wheat?

As for the CWB, they published an annual report yearly. How many of guys have received an annual report from Cargill or the Three Families in Winnipeg reporting how much money they made off your wheat sales to them that THEY marketed for you around the world.

We sure don't hear from John De Pape or Brenda J Lepp anymore here on Agriville with all their marketing knowledge about how great those Wheat prices are now that marketing freedom is here.

It was so easy for the Ostrich Farmer to shut the CWB down, not so easy to have a follow up plan in place.
          you didn't have a problem with 4 generations of families guaranteeing themselves jobs there????
          no auditing of the books allowed there ?????? wtf was up with that ????? this was a public co. ???
          no doubt this isn't working very good , but i haven't had to carry wheat over for 2 years , and sell for the same shitty price 2 years later since

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Excellent news but ...my local 40000 tonne elevat or hasn't shipped a train for weeks. ...plugged...

Now where is the grain being shipped from to the west coast to have 18 percent ahead of last year....are they doing the short runs Alberta to Vancouver and Winnipeg to Thunder Bay....

primary elevator shipments week 5
            BC down 25%
            Alberta up 21.9%
            Sask up 24.9%
            Manitoba up 2.9%

Comment

sure isn't anything plugged in the northeast , elevators are full bore with oats, feed and malt barley and peas

Comment

It would be nice to just have and transparent and accountable system....

I realize the graincos have to make money but if they starve the farmer ...what is their gain in that?

We all have to make money....and when it doesnt happen you have to do what the Americans do and push government money at farmers...

There is no politician speaking for farmers....in western Canada right now....if there was they would be a little concerned about the vessels at the west coast , the space , and the fact grain isn't moving like it should.

All terminals of 25000 tonnes or more have the ability to move a unit train once every two weeks...its not happening...
                What happened to Ritz thought he was voted back in to be farmers voice even if it was from the opposition side?

Comment

We sure don't hear from John De Pape or Brenda J Lepp anymore here on Agriville with all their marketing knowledge about how great those Wheat prices are now that marketing freedom is here.

No because they are too busy successfully running hedge and marketing businesses. Get out from under your rock.
                  My earlier comment regarding inability to stand up applies. Four generations of spoon fed ideology and how can you see where the light is coming from I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                    What happened to Ritz thought he was voted back in to be farmers voice even if it was from the opposition side?
                    Ritz was an idiot and his apprentice Rood is no better.

Comment

It would be nice to just have and transparent and accountable system....

I realize the graincos have to make money but if they starve the farmer ...what is their gain in that?

We all have to make money....and when it doesnt happen you have to do what the Americans do and push government money at farmers...

There is no politician speaking for farmers....in western Canada right now....if there was they would be a little concerned about the vessels at the west coast , the space , and the fact grain isn't moving like it should.

All terminals of 25000 tonnes or more have the ability to move a unit train once every two weeks...its not happening...
                      Movement has been record.
                      Favouring third gen terminals with <24 hr 135 car turnarounds. 1-200,000 tonne storage. Industry still playing catch up.
                      Local one here appears to pull wheat 1-200 kms. When rail can do it, 2 trains a week occasionally.
                      Rail obviously the key. Once on a truck, get it to cheapest rail.
                      I'll give you it's neglecting local roads.
                      Grainco had options on this site property 15 years before the board fell.

Comment

Cash

"no auditing of the books allowed there ?????? wtf was up with that ????? this was a public co. ???"

There were ten farmer elected Board of Directors, yes there were one or two that were questionable, but from what I read the rest were well established progressive farmers who were given access to all sales the CWB made. Do you not think for one minute that upon reading the sales numbers they wouldn't have made it public that sales are subpar in value? As a farmers I know I wouldn't accept any Bull if it was happening regarding the numbers, and no benefit was being had by farmers, nor would most of my straight shooting farmer neighbors either.

Not to mention that there were a couple of non farmer B of D appoint by Ritz Cracker that didn't make any noise when they had access to the CWB sales.

And, let's not forget Flaman who was anti CWB when elected who changed his opinion regarding CWB sales values upon seeing them. Once he changed his his view of the CWB his phone never stopped ringing regarding abusive calls for the switch. Some reward for having an open mind and realizing he himself was wrong.

Case, who was your CWB B of D if you can remember ,and in your opinion was he a good farmer? I'm not trying to be a smart ass regarding the question as you would know who he was. Word travels fast among farmers who runs a good operation and who doesn't, as well as being honest and hardworking.

Comment

Chuck you ever get on the BofD for the CWB ?
                          I can’t remember now .
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 16, 2020, 13:37.

Comment

were given access to all sales the CWB made. Do you not think for one minute that upon reading the sales numbers they wouldn't have made it public that sales are subpar in value?

Gee wiz.

Warts and all stuff came out about AWB over last few years nobody really cared here as it was old news.

Common sales issue was “often had to undercut the market to make sales due huge volume and fears of market falling further. Profits from domestic Australian trades to end users could be used to Increase pool returns, cash trading had to show inferior returns to pools, even when it wasn’t the case”

Comment

And where are all those USA buyers that were supposedly going to flood across the 49th driving right up to your farmgate with their cheque book in their hands to buy your wheat?

As for the CWB, they published an annual report yearly. How many of guys have received an annual report from Cargill or the Three Families in Winnipeg reporting how much money they made off your wheat sales to them that THEY marketed for you around the world.

It was so easy for the Ostrich Farmer to shut the CWB down, not so easy to have a follow up plan in place.
                              I am a long ways from the border. I have sold alot of grain to the US. It never would have happened under the board. One of the best days of my life was being at Robin Walde's farm for the announcement that the CWB was being shutdown.

Comment

Cash

"no auditing of the books allowed there ?????? wtf was up with that ????? this was a public co. ???"

There were ten farmer elected Board of Directors, yes there were one or two that were questionable, but from what I read the rest were well established progressive farmers who were given access to all sales the CWB made. Do you not think for one minute that upon reading the sales numbers they wouldn't have made it public that sales are subpar in value? As a farmers I know I wouldn't accept any Bull if it was happening regarding the numbers, and no benefit was being had by farmers, nor would most of my straight shooting farmer neighbors either.

Not to mention that there were a couple of non farmer B of D appoint by Ritz Cracker that didn't make any noise when they had access to the CWB sales.

And, let's not forget Flaman who was anti CWB when elected who changed his opinion regarding CWB sales values upon seeing them. Once he changed his his view of the CWB his phone never stopped ringing regarding abusive calls for the switch. Some reward for having an open mind and realizing he himself was wrong.

Case, who was your CWB B of D if you can remember ,and in your opinion was he a good farmer? I'm not trying to be a smart ass regarding the question as you would know who he was. Word travels fast among farmers who runs a good operation and who doesn't, as well as being honest and hardworking.
                                I honestly cant remember but can find out , getting older and dumber lol
                                But why couldnt their books be audited ? Like any public co .??
                                Last edited by caseih; Sep 16, 2020, 18:05.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.