• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sept 11

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like on a lot of issues many posters seem stuck in the past with very out dated thinking when it comes to drugs.

When Chiefs of police and many experts are saying that we should treat drug addiction as a health issue and not a criminal justice issue, we know society has moved on from thinking about those with addictions as criminals.

Do we treat alcoholics as criminals? No we try to help them get off alcohol.

The fetanyl crisis has been partly driven by the over prescription of pain killers. Are these people criminals?

Personal choices are important, but many drug addicts are trying to escape abuse and other trauma. Just like the those who escape in a bottle.

Putting drug addicts in jail has not worked. The solution is education and treatment along with harm reduction.

Comment

Therefore safe injection sites are the lesser of multiple evils......

Protecting society and the addicts from themselves....

Somewhat enabling.

There must he more value in the irony of that situation than the reality of it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Just like on a lot of issues many posters seem stuck in the past with very out dated thinking when it comes to drugs.

When Chiefs of police and many experts are saying that we should treat drug addiction as a health issue and not a criminal justice issue, we know society has moved on from thinking about those with addictions as criminals.

Do we treat alcoholics as criminals? No we try to help them get off alcohol.

The fetanyl crisis has been partly driven by the over prescription of pain killers. Are these people criminals?

Personal choices are important, but many drug addicts are trying to escape abuse and other trauma. Just like the those who escape in a bottle.

Putting drug addicts in jail has not worked. The solution is education and treatment along with harm reduction.
        I have my opinion.....I have worked hard for my farm....not going to risk it for drugs....or let drugs run it....

You will not change my opinion on this topic...for my farm and family its simple....no drugs ...

I am not a bleeding heart liberal....

Comment

But Justin says smoking pot is acceptable and legal.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            I don't care what that phucking idiot says....he is no role model....never worked....no morals...no ethics ...

And now he is creating a generation of the same type of people....

Millions unemployed....just waiting for the cash to pay the netflix subscription...

Comment

Addictions of all types are a big problem whether it be opioids, meth, nicotine, or alcohol.

Alcohol is our number one problem. And many yahoos are still drinking and driving! Lets throw all the alcoholics in jail and see how that works, especially the criminals who drink and drive and put people at great risk.

So when you say no drugs on your farm does that include alcohol and nicotine?

Comment

Addictions of all types are a big problem whether it be opioids, meth, nicotine, or alcohol.

Alcohol is our number one problem. And many yahoos are still drinking and driving! Lets throw all the alcoholics in jail and see how that works, especially the criminals who drink and drive and put people at great risk.

Yup....if you are drinking you are not driving or operating on my farm....i won't tolerate it...

Go to an industrial workplace drunk or stoned and see how that works out for you....my farm is no different ...not sure why guys drink on half million dollar equipment...

Comment

Just go sit at Cochin for one day at the Big Way if you want to see drunk drivers . Go there from 8 am on , you may retract your b/s statement about everyone on here .

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Drugs had a negative affect on Maggie’s brain and health. Unfortunately she was a user during her pregnancies.

Comment

Obviously not while working and on equipment. Some farmers break that rule frequently though.

But what about after hours? Do you have a full ban on alcohol that was my question? It's an addictive destructive drug that is widely used and abused especially in rural areas.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Just go sit at Cochin for one day at the Big Way if you want to see drunk drivers . Go there from 8 am on , you may retract your b/s statement about everyone on here .
                        Are you in denial that alcohol is a big problem with many addicts and abusers? Good luck on that because its the number one substance abused by many by far.

Comment

Are you in denial that alcohol is a big problem with many addicts and abusers? Good luck on that because its the number one substance abused by many by far.
                          Nope not at all , never ever said that, your simply “ass”uming as per usual.
                          Re read my post from above and get a life chuck

Personal choice , personal responsibility.. any addiction . ....
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 14, 2020, 09:07.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Nope not at all , never ever said that, your simply “ass”uming as per usual.
                            Re read my post from above and get a life chuck

Personal choice , personal responsibility.. any addiction . ....
                            Okay then. Your choice, your responsibility, and your opinions are out of date! Mental health and addictions are being viewed differently now. Personal responsibility is certainly important, but it is widely known and accepted that alcoholism is a disease. And addicts need treatment and health care and not in jail where they still often have access to drugs.

Comment

Okay then. Your choice, your responsibility, and your opinions are out of date! Mental health and addictions are being viewed differently now. Personal responsibility is certainly important, but it is widely known and accepted that alcoholism is a disease. And addicts need treatment and health care and not in jail where they still often have access to drugs.
                              Who said anything about jail ?

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;465224]Just like on a lot of issues many posters seem stuck in the past with very out dated thinking when it comes to drugs.

Yeah glen don’t disagree I am stuck in the past re drugs but does that mean I’m wrong? Not necessarily.

Modern society for some reason is convinced everything from the past is wrong.

Some is for sure but not all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.