• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Climate Fieldview

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Fieldview

Has anyone been using this service and care to share about it?

Why on earth would anyone add a piece of spy software to their business so their suppliers can price the products with intimate knowledge of what they make.

Abso ****ing lutely mind boggling. Why not just send them your tax return?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
      Abso ****ing lutely mind boggling. Why not just send them your tax return?
      You mean everybody doesn't?

Comment

The satellites are in place.
        Anyone can count a crop anywhere in the world already.
        Most drones in use are Chinese manufacture.
        Data collection algorithms are prolific and the sale of same are major income streams for companies like Amazon for instance.
        But ya, I don't want them riding in the combine either.
        Off thread but just saying.

Comment

The only yield monitor that works or matters on this farm is at the elevator when I am cashing up....

The rest is just noise.....

Comment

The two things that I find would be beneficial are the delta t for spraying and probe for available soil moisture. A person would know whether to drop dress for more crop or leave well enough alone and get what u get.

Comment

Sooo, none of the comments above are coming from actual experience?
              Thanks for the insight.

For those wearing the tinfoil, you do know that your own fields are likely getting weekly flyovers the same as subscribers? Thus enabling new subscribers to get up to 3 years of historical info on their fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                Sooo, none of the comments above are coming from actual experience?
                Thanks for the insight.

For those wearing the tinfoil, you do know that your own fields are likely getting weekly flyovers the same as subscribers? Thus enabling new subscribers to get up to 3 years of historical info on their fields.
                No where's near the same, they don't know the variety, what was sprayed, what weeds you have, your soil test your dot dot dot. Besides, if they already had it, they wouldn't need to give you a ridiculous carrot like climate.

It's not tinfoil, its ignorance on what the specific data is being used for which is not to help you in any way. It will be used for differential pricing, when you make more, you will be charged more for your inputs. Eventually it will be the only way you will be able to buy inputs.

So go ahead, pay subscription fees to give all your data instead of being paid for it. They are counting on your naivety.

Comment

Looking into it.

Comment

No where's near the same, they don't know the variety, what was sprayed, what weeds you have, your soil test your dot dot dot. Besides, if they already had it, they wouldn't need to give you a ridiculous carrot like climate.

It's not tinfoil, its ignorance on what the specific data is being used for which is not to help you in any way. It will be used for differential pricing, when you make more, you will be charged more for your inputs. Eventually it will be the only way you will be able to buy inputs.

So go ahead, pay subscription fees to give all your data instead of being paid for it. They are counting on your naivety.
                    Some people don't understand that they become the product when they subscribe.

Comment

You seem pretty sure of these claims?
                      If I do give it a try it won't even be setup through any retail or input supplier, never mind them having access to it.
                      Or are you making these statements as a general trend of where things are headed? If that's the case then we're screwed whether we use it or not.
                      If you're really so worried, just calibrate your yield monitor to show bullshit that only you know the actual fudge factor. Am I right?

Comment

I like the idea of being able to try many different things on my fields, from seeding rates, fertilizer, foliars, different varieties without all the extra work.

I don't completely dismiss the privacy concerns but from what I can tell Climate is using aggregated anonymous data. I know, take their word for it.

Comment

Ask them to pay you for that data. See what they say. Do you trust Bayer?

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/columnists/2018/05/14/merged-bayer-monsanto-corner-market-farm-data-and-software/607604002/
                          Last edited by Guest; Apr 13, 2019, 19:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                            You seem pretty sure of these claims?
                            If I do give it a try it won't even be setup through any retail or input supplier, never mind them having access to it.
                            Or are you making these statements as a general trend of where things are headed? If that's the case then we're screwed whether we use it or not.
                            If you're really so worried, just calibrate your yield monitor to show bullshit that only you know the actual fudge factor. Am I right?
                            As soon as it hits that ipad, they have everything. Why do you think it needs a sim card?

It will head that way as long as farmers keep making sure it heads that way. And they will. If you actually read the "lack of privacy" policy you can see it has changed from Climate data only to shared with Bayer. And that you agree and understand that policy can change any time.

Alexa and Siri have demonstrated that privacy is no concern for most people. Farmers will be no different, not even for their own business. The bigger the farmer, the better - that's you SF3

Comment

I think all this data gathering is just another monthly bill, first you try it for free then you pay. I just threw the land line phone out the window and it is amazing how good it feels not to come home and check messages. All the data you gather from those fields will be no different than the 1000s of digital photos you have stored away on data cards. Put a extra few bucks in fertilizer instead and you will be further ahead.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.