• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Pea Movement

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can probably thank the lack of movement on poor Indian demand. Weren't they driving this thing the last couple of years? I wonder if some of those earlier contracts were bought on speculation and demand never picked up. Now someone might be long some pricey peas in a flat market waiting for the prices to heat up. Assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Might have to change your name to Fartaholic.😝 Just kidding!
      Cute. Seems the body adjusts.....

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
        i have a 10,000 bus . oct. contract. richardson
        they are now saying jan. feb.

figured i would take a later oct. contract , because i got tired of taking the lower early
        sept price. and still haul in Dec.

the terminal was clean and quiet . everybody sitting on their hands .
        no train in three weeks. and when they do come , they are wheat wheat and canola.
        no talk of peas
        If they have empty bims and contracts signed they should have to take it. What was Ritz thinking when he gave them 3 months to honor them? What about Sec 60 of the Grain Act? Load a truck and park in their drive bet they find a place for it. Likely have a house bin sitting empty.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
          If they have empty bims and contracts signed they should have to take it. What was Ritz thinking when he gave them 3 months to honor them? What about Sec 60 of the Grain Act? Load a truck and park in their drive bet they find a place for it. Likely have a house bin sitting empty.
          I'm okay with a one month grace period, but the second is b.s. even at that there should be a penalty for extending the contract whereby if they choose to extend, the storage penalty of $0.10/Mt per day should double for each extension, and if unable to move it by the end of the extension, the penalty applied from the first day of the first extension.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
            I'm okay with a one month grace period, but the second is b.s. even at that there should be a penalty for extending the contract whereby if they choose to extend, the storage penalty of $0.10/Mt per day should double for each extension, and if unable to move it by the end of the extension, the penalty applied from the first day of the first extension.
            Hear you! Except if they have empty bins and no orders to ship yet have outstanding contracts they should have to take delivery.

Comment

Anyone remember lyle Stewart bragging about the value of ag exports from Saskatchewan. ....the lentil and pea crop exports are non existent. ....funny how industry and politicians become mute when they should be the loudest....

Comment

It’s good to see the financials.

It takes a generation to change people’s taste, comfort, and cooking preferences. I don’t use many pulses but kids do.

If the food manufactures start including more pulses the investment will be cheap, when, what volumes and preference for Canadian pulses yet to be determined.

A real life example of how to make a Commodity, quickly.

So it looks like we have a dead cat, and now we will wait for the dead cat bounce.

Comment

Guys that don't pay their inputs get charged 18 to 25% retroactive to the day they took the input. That is thievery but it happens that way so why not the other way?
                  Farmers are the brightest people in the world!! Pass me a non addictive to meth joint please that will make it ok!!!

Comment

And never mind the interest , in a year of poor crops in some areas not moving a large proportion of their crop will be a disaster interest charged, credit lines not renewed, and no trip to Bahamas. And where are our mla and mps???
                    Oh ya in the Bahamas. Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      You can probably thank the lack of movement on poor Indian demand. Weren't they driving this thing the last couple of years? I wonder if some of those earlier contracts were bought on speculation and demand never picked up. Now someone might be long some pricey peas in a flat market waiting for the prices to heat up. Assumption.
                      This is again a issue with decent indian demand but Black sea origin dropping the market and keeping Canada out of it. Some vessels of peas have been defaulted on so they can't force more contracts into the market. It will have ramnifications for peas for another 12 months at least.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                        This is again a issue with decent indian demand but Black sea origin dropping the market and keeping Canada out of it. Some vessels of peas have been defaulted on so they can't force more contracts into the market. It will have ramnifications for peas for another 12 months at least.
                        Great news!! Just another crop not worth growing. Lentils will soon be in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          We make lentil soup and eat chickpeas(lots) in a spinach salad. Kidney beans in chili. How many people have been served a five or seven been salad. Chick peas with fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and garlic. It.wouldn't hurt for Canadians who weren't raised eating pulses to incorporate some into their diet. Doubt it would make much of a dent in available supplies though.
                          Same here. My wife is using more pulses including using lentils in chili reducing the amount of hamburger in it. Using both ingredients produces a good tasting chili and reduces the grocery bill. Long term trend will reduce the demand for beef though.

Comment

My Local Elevator has sign up limits on Peas until
                            New crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.