• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade with USA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade with USA

So what products agricultural wise do the Americans benefit by trading with us?

What products do they like to get from us and which ones do they like to send to us?

Trying to figure out where closing he border off benefits them and hurts them?

Not ag related but here's the top of the list.

In 2013, Canada was the top export market for 35 states, and exports to Canada across the country totaled $300.2 billion, according to the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative. The top commodities were vehicles, machinery, oil, and natural gas

I didn't know vehicles were commods and wtf is the deal with oil and gas?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/09/18/what-foreign-countries-we-export-our-stuff-to-by-state/?utm_term=.819caaeef1cc

Comment

Some of these things are "regional convenience" - a good example is beef. A lot of beef comes into eastern Canada from the US whereas a lot of western beef goes south - it's closer and easier to import the beef from the US in the east. This is one of the advantages of having free trade between countries and something that agreements make easier. I agree with your previous comment that trade will go on regardless - that's always the case in these hyped up trade deals. If the US walks away from NAFTA which would be a foolish move on their part (but they are run by an imbecile so who knows?) we could always pull a Brexit on them and demand a divorce payment from the US of billions of dollars before they are allowed to leave!

Comment

Not disagreeing but.. who would collect the payment? haha

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Not disagreeing but.. who would collect the payment? haha
          Same problem in Europe lol.

Comment

Well maybe one thing we should do is build a wall and send them a bill. So he can keep all those immigrants he's sending here for our fools to deal with.

From what I understand they really want our beef out west maybe because they get it too cheap? Wouldn't that cost their consumers a lot more without our beef? So ya good for their ranchers I guess.

But I wonder as in sheepwheat where do the sheep go?

But with softwood lumber and auto taxes he s added we d be stupid to just say it's ok he's obviously going to do
            What ever the kook happens to think on any given day so
            Maybe it's a good move to hammer back
            If it's at a point where he doesn't care anyway.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.