• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3586.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	777851

To all who voted for the Liberal party of Canada in the last election and still think they have a clue whats going on in the world or even in Canada please stand up and tell us all what the heck they have done that is positive for the people of canada or even the country of Canada.

We won gold at the Juniors and was Trudeau playing for the other team and threw his medal in the stands that would be our boy.

But yesterday the boy blunder screws up nafta and pokes the bear with a wto challenge during negotiations. What doesn't this group get.

Good to be home in Canada where its seems were in to one of the coldest winters again in a few years. Global warming have to like it. But our Genius in Ottawa wants a Carbon tax to punish the citizens who pollute well its called trying to stay alive in minus 40 you idiots.

So who does he really punish the poor thats who then bribes them with their own money back in little piss ant rebate checks. Wow the liberal play book just gets better.

Now crop week is on in Saskatoon, nothing changes pay pay pay for a show then at 5 to 5 the speaker a voice comes over get out of the building all closes in 5 min the show is over get out of the building the show is over. Its a trade show wow but take money and kick us out. Its a attitude change thats needed.

Prices are low and guys are wondering what to grow. Wall to wall Canola won't happen if it stays dry who is going to put seed that costs that much in the ground if it won't grow. Also Switching in dry areas to add soy as one group pointed out. WTF how will soy seeds do better in dry ground than canola.

Snake oil from this one to that one to this one. Buy buy buy it will give you the magic you need to phone Richies Bros and get your farm sold.

Also whats up with personal grain testers and protein machines mark up must be awesome on these things since for 17000 your getting so much. HA HAHAHAHA

Name:	8ht%ugg3SQe4ajnmk2bopA.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	777852

Provincially the two leadership elections and i love how some NDP are yapping that the Saskparty leadership selection is so boring. Hell from the news the other night in Moose jaw was that a meeting in Bathroom for the NDP. Who is going to these things. Two guys who ran and lost running for top job again. Doesn't the NDP have any one who can try to bring these guys back to a decent opposition and then government. But yes ill say it seems like watching paint dry for both parties. Hard to replace a guy like Brad. Just saying Lorne was such a good guy. HA HAHAHAHA

So their was a memo leaked that JT has one plan for the Carbon tax and thats to take it to the next level real fast and then to the stratosphere. Well all i can say is Canada is done as a country we are on our way to no Jobs no Grain or livestock sales, no oil or gas or other products or in simple terms here we come Venezuela.

Name:	LzbipZzORdCB+ZTS935aYw.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	777853

I still have hope in this country that the general population is finally waking up from the party and realizing its easier to chew your arm off than waking the person beside you up and leaving.
    Its a big mountain to climb but we can get back to normal and say it was a experiment that didn't work sort of like alberta and their grand plan. Worked so well. Some in Sask want the same play book plan to happen here but i think the general population is smarter than that.

2018 is here its a new year new problems and new things to win at. Farming might be hard to go forward this year but shifting to neutral and coasting through the year might be the best plan. Talked to lots at show that were cutting back on new iron, building projects and bins and infrastructure. If it stays dry first to go is seed treatments then the big thing im seeing is farmers moving to companies like FNA and Nufarm etc with generic products. Actually talked to a few that dont use the big companies for any chemical or seed treatment of fungicide. Hard to imagine but with all the mergers that are company friendly farmers last it seems maybe voting with your feet does work.

Have a great week enjoy the cold turn up the furnace in Sask as we have no useless carbon tax and quit living like your in Eastern Germany 1956. Solar wind and geothermal are nice but natural gas and heat are way better.

Brandon Ag Days next week a lot of good speakers and its a great free show.

No liberals want to defend Trudeau I guess.

Ok well move in less than two years left. He can’t damage that much more can he.

Cold today and grid roads still a sheet of frozen glass makes doing things interesting.

But under Trudeau it’s bad to sit in a warm shop and fix your equipment that’s at rich mans game and you Mr farmer are a polluter.

Ah it’s what minus 40 and what letting trucks idle 24 hrs a day makes more sense.

We have people who were given precipitation badges and it’s finally showing up with this nonsense.

Climate Barbie maybe can tell us the problems in California are all caused by climate change.

Maybe she can interview Opra telling how a house use to be their made it through the fires but now it’s raining and nothing is holding the ground in place must be climate change

Comment

Far be it for me to defend any politician but really blaming the libs for the fire and water in California is a stretch even for you ,enjoy your warm shop and house and give politics a bit of a rest.

Comment

True horse ....

but when you have someone like Catherine McKenna saying a starving polar bear is climate change while polar bear experts say it's just a natural occurrence in polar bears ....you have politicians that believe they are doing good for the world by taxing the shit out of Canadians they are going to help the world environment. ....it's bullshit. ...

The fires and floods in California have probably happened before it's just no one tries to mitigate the problems .....because it would cost too much....

Reactive instead of proactive...

There is a grain movement issue so everyone waits until it's a problem like 2013....Reactive measures....

But what proactive measures have been taken since?
        Last edited by bucket; Jan 11, 2018, 11:05.

Comment

Prices are low and guys are wondering what to grow. Wall to wall Canola won't happen if it stays dry

The only thing giving us hope right now. Yesterdays headline was that sulfur prices were going up. Sulfur is a component in two important canola fertilizers: Both MAP and Ammonium sulphate.

Comment

Of course there will be wall to wall canola. What else are farmers going to grow to make profit? Seriously, what else is there to grow for a profit?

Comment

Just curious, who gets these precipitation badges? Is it those of us who have struggled through years of excess, or those who went without, or for those who get just the right amount and win natures lottery?

Comment

interesting many bemoan the loss of CWB in canada well it basically never happen in Aust.

current low world prices has anyone actually thought what you would be recieving from CWB and taking what 2 years to get it?

high protien wheat hit 12.5% and above hit the magic $300 yesterday

current pool return from awb is $255 but there cash price is $285 go figure

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                  Of course there will be wall to wall canola. What else are farmers going to grow to make profit? Seriously, what else is there to grow for a profit?
                  Depends on your costs. If you pay insane rent and have the latest greatest iron toys, I suppose profit is tough to see. Otherwise, most crops can show profit.

For me, faba and flax and feed wheat and oats work reasonably well. I actually see canola as being less profitable. Seed costs and all. Hay looks ok too.

Comment

That's $7.68 cad a bushel (285/Mt)

That's your price in pocket???

A #2 12.0 red spring here is currently 5.12 a bu or $189 AUD/Mt

Ffks

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                      That's $7.68 cad a bushel (285/Mt)

That's your price in pocket???

A #2 12.0 red spring here is currently 5.12 a bu or $189 AUD/Mt

Ffks
                      Check your pm!

Comment

Sorry klause $18 to 20 freight to come off plus maybe $2.10 in levies

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Just curious, who gets these precipitation badges?
                          Well you don't get one if you got rain and claimed you didn't lol!

Comment

Really thats all you can come up. Wow what a troll.

Comment

mallie I am one of those that didn't want to see the CWB go as I am a small producer,I always ran cattle and of course have to turn over the grass once in a while so some yrs I had an extra few thousand bu grain, it was nice to dump it in the elevator and let them sell for me ,even now 20.000 bu and no one wants to talk to you.
                              I never wanted to be a giant killer, just wanted to make a living,whitch I did, I can see if you have a few 100,000 bu its to your advantage to market your own, but who hasn't sold at the wrong time,, Everyone says to hire financial planers and investors as they have the expertise so that's what I did by leaving it up to the CWB. I think it was more the grain traders that wanted it gone more so than the producers, but it is what it is.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.