• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Faster / Passover

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
    Its just a story.
    Wd , it may turn out to be “just a story” , i certainly dont know , but the way i look at it is that the fundamental ideas are good building blocks for society . In short , (not counting the ones who hide behind the principle to make money, the perverts at the top , etc, etc.) it is still a good way to treat your fellow peoplekind and to live your life

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Wd , it may turn out to be “just a story” , i certainly dont know , but the way i look at it is that the fundamental ideas are good building blocks for society . In short , (not counting the ones who hide behind the principle to make money, the perverts at the top , etc, etc.) it is still a good way to treat your fellow peoplekind and to live your life
      Exactly.

I'm not real religious but what can it hurt to believe in good. Wd9, Maybe you get joy out of drowning kittens, what do I know.

Comment

Tell that to the thousands of molested kids, and abused women by these "godly" people who have now taken the strategy to blame the victims. Why not, they have nothing to lose, quick confession and they are all good in the eyes of god. It's one of the saddest and most humiliating day for many.

Comment

Tell that to the thousands of molested kids, and abused women by these "godly" people who have now taken the strategy to blame the victims. Why not, they have nothing to lose, quick confession and they are all good in the eyes of god. It's one of the saddest and most humiliating day for many.
          Unjustifiable. I'm not making excuses for anyone. But there are bad apples in every barrel.

I too have been critical of other's faith, and have doubts but like caseih's comment.

Thing is you can live by example and not say even a word about "religion".

Comment

Case

"In short , (not counting the ones who hide behind the principle to make money, the perverts at the top , etc, etc.) it is still a good way to treat your fellow peoplekind and to live your life"

Not trying to shit on you, but.

I think with proper up bringing through the generations of family, reading a 2000 year book on fairy tales isn't required to be the template on how to treat fellow citizens and your surroundings.

Besides isn't there a passage in the Old Testament eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and so on?

I wouldn't exactly call that a great principle to live by!

But, for those of you who believe or not believe, Canada is a great county where you have the freedom to do so, maybe that's what we should all be HAPPY about on this Sunday!

Comment

Pretty sure those pervs missed the part in the Bible that says its better to be dropped in the ocean with a millstone around your neck then to harm a child.

Comment

So if those are your rules to live by then if one illegal immigrant or refugee has done bad then everyone must be bad

Left wing wacko.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                  So if those are your rules to live by then if one illegal immigrant or refugee has done bad then everyone must be bad

Left wing wacko.
                  No, but if an entire organization including their leader comes to that conclusion, lies about it for who knows how long, hides in the shadows protecting their own as they systematically covered it up, I can call bullshit on that whole organization. If left wing means sticking up for tens of thousands of helpless innocent children and women, then call me as far left as possible. What do you call yourself for condoning it?

Jesus loves the little children
                  All the children of the world
                  Red, brown, yellow
                  Black and white
                  They are precious in His sight.
                  Of the world.

Does Jesus just enjoy watching it? Or is he just unwilling to help them? Or not exist at all?

Comment

No, but if an entire organization including their leader comes to that conclusion, lies about it for who knows how long, hides in the shadows protecting their own as they systematically covered it up, I can call bullshit on that whole organization. If left wing means sticking up for tens of thousands of helpless innocent children and women, then call me as far left as possible. What do you call yourself for condoning it?

All the children of the world
                    Red, brown, yellow
                    Black and white
                    They are precious in His sight.
                    Of the world.

Does Jesus just enjoy watching it? Or is he just unwilling to help them? Or not exist at all?
                    If people want to believe in God why should it be up to you to decide if it's ok. I get it, terrible things have happened. Having any conversation about it is pointless. I'm not catholic by the way, sorry to disappoint you. Is it just Christians you hate, or is it any form? Well anywho what does it all matter anyway. Y'all just spoilin for a fight. Give the boys back at the mosque my regards.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Gee Grass whats the old saying an Asshole is an Asshole. Yes, I get the bit with Tom and the seeds but really it's an Easter post. Give it a rest for one day.

[ATTACH]4161[/ATTACH]

The fire did damage but I think it can be rebuilt.

I remember as a kid today Easter Sunday all would dress up in their Sunday best head in the Merc to Church. Basket of food to be blessed and Dad had all his seed in little jars to be blessed. Then first-day seeding we would throw the wheat from Easter Sunday in the truck box to mix with all the rest and Pray for a good crop.

You might not like or believe religion but its something every farmer thinks about as he seeds his first fields. Here is to the start of a good crop may it make it to the end.

Happy Easter and Best in 2019.

May the Rain gods find your farm and give just enough to grow a beautiful crop.
                      May the Hail gods stay away for another day.
                      May the Sun gods give just enough warmth to grow a hearty crop.
                      May the Frost gods not arrive till late October.
                      May the Snow Gods come in December and stay till March.
                      A great memory and your father is a good man of faith and a humble farmer. At the end of the day, all we can do the is work on time and the best we can measure and the good Lord along with Mother Nature determines the rest. SF3....this is your best post ever. Happy Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                        If people want to believe in God why should it be up to you to decide if it's ok. I get it, terrible things have happened. Having any conversation about it is pointless. I'm not catholic by the way, sorry to disappoint you. Is it just Christians you hate, or is it any form? Well anywho what does it all matter anyway. Y'all just spoilin for a fight. Give the boys back at the mosque my regards.
                        Easter Bombs;
                        Death toll in Sri Lanka serial blasts rises to 290, another bomb defused in Colombo
                        Another improvised bomb has been defused near the Colombo airport in Sri Lanka a day after over 200 people were killed in 8 serial blasts across the country. The toll has now gone up to 290.

The death toll overnight had stood at 207. Police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekera declined to give a breakdown of those killed and wounded at each of the three churches and four hotels hit on Sunday, attacks that marked the most significant violence since a bloody civil war ended 10 years ago.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/sri-lanka-colombo-blasts-bomb-defused-1507075-2019-04-22

Sri Lanka’s prime minister, Ranil Wickremesinghe, said on Sunday night security services had been “aware of information” of a possible attack. Local intelligence had received warnings 10 days ago that “prominent churches” could be the target of suicide bombers.

“We must also look into why adequate precautions were not taken,” Wickremesinghe told reporters on Sunday.

Sri Lanka’s security forces fall under the responsibility of President Maithripala Sirisena and tensions are high between the two leaders. In October last year, Sirisena attempted to sack Wickremesinghe as prime minster, triggering a constitutional crisis.

Comment

Is canada going to send money to rebuild the french church???

Was discussed here and our PM said a flat no.

Insurance??? How catholic church must have huge amounts of money stashed away, realestate.

Almost obscene the amount of money raised pledged by billionaires,govt, mums and dads, etc in space of 48 hrs after the disaster.

Meanwhile disasters happen everyday with nothing more than a blink of the eye.

Churches in sri lanka gonna get rebuilt that tom emntioned.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                            Churches in sri lanka gonna get rebuilt that tom emntioned.
                            The death toll in Sri Lanka is over 290 now.
                            Authorities are starting to arrest the murderers responsible for the terrorist activities.

Another example of the persecution on Christians.

Comment

Shocking to hear CBC calling the bombers MUSLIM terrorists….must be payback for New Zealand...

Comment

The whole planet went nuts on white supremacy nationalism after the NZ incident. since that time there have been hundreds of Christians murdered in Africa, the ME and now Sri Lanka. Where is the equivalent outrage?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.