• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding Plans/Intentions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people buying at auctions must know something we don't.

Comment

Say if gas were to go to $5/l will people stop driving? Nope they will drive until all the plastic in their wallet is exausted.

Farmers are doing the same damn thing. Making it up on production, like running buffalo over the jump.

Comment

People will change their lifestyle due to taxes by cutting discretionary purchases or searching for alternatives there. So eat out less times a month or put up an expensive iffy solar array on your house. Stop driving or give up your morning timmies. Lower your home heat during the polar vortex or make the kid clothes last another couple months. Take a plane trip with the family or just do a staycation at the lake. Pay huge costs for groceries with carbon taxes or take a 24 to trumpland and load up on cheap milk, meat, booze and gas.

Canadas GDP will suffer because of it one way or another because people have lifestyle alternatives readily available. They don't have feasible energy alternatives. We will probably get our emissions reductions as well not by actually doing anything environmental, but by exporting and sacrificing a portion of our consumer economy.
        Last edited by jazz; Apr 20, 2019, 06:39.

Comment

Don’t know why anyone would seed more oats and barley. It’s itchy and takes more bins. Seriously though you need big yields to make barley net better than wheat, and when you have land that wheat and barley yields within 10 bushels why? I can never understand. Only reason I grow barley is because I have cows.
          This year I plan to grow about the same mix as usual except more green feed and a field of summer grazing to supplement adjacent pasture. Was planning to seed lots more canola but chickened out.

Comment

I plan on seeding with good intentions....

The Pirate ship "SS Ghetto" is ready to set sail.

Comment

Hey, you better get going your neighbour has a bunch seeded.

I hate to say it but every single time I seeded in April we had a shit show.

So it still looks like go day is May 1 North of the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Hey, you better get going your neighbour has a bunch seeded.

I hate to say it but every single time I seeded in April we had a shit show.

So it still looks like go day is May 1 North of the Valley.
                We're small enough to time our start date to something reasonable. Flying that Jolly Roger flag indicates we Pirates will take over the SS Early-birds bounty when it sinks...just kidding, not looking to control the whole Ghetto Sea.

Comment

Grandpa used to say it was time to seed when the leaf's were the size of a mouse's ear.

Comment

Doesn't look ghetto to me. I am embarrassed to post pics of my seeding rig. I only seed at night so nobody can see it.

Comment

I have always said farma and sask3 protest way to much !!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Doesn't look ghetto to me. I am embarrassed to post pics of my seeding rig. I only seed at night so nobody can see it.
                        I like kidding around and write/post for entertainment purposes. No value....

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                          I have always said farma and sask3 protest way to much !!!

I always shudder when I see peoples equipment line worth more than my entire land base and house.

Comment

I always shudder when I see peoples equipment line worth more than my entire land base and house.
                            Ghetto house is pretty bloody basic, no southern US property, no cabin at any Sask slough(or anywhere for that matter, not alot of toys....finally finishing the restoration project I started three decades ago.... don't do multiple hot holidays every year, the Slum is four generations old(fifth starting, hopefully more to come)...there better be "some" equity here, glad I was able to maintain and grow it with support from the previous generation(a we effort!).

That seeding outfit is in it's seventh year. Who wants a Ghetto Versi tractor? We have some 40-50 year old equipment here.... that still gets used!

We are each free to live our lives as we wish....within our means!

If I want what SF3 has(or others who have "more"[by what unit of measure?] than me), I better be willing to clam up(mouth) and put out(greater effort). Works hard plays hard. Never begrudge a man his wealth or success...and we don't all start right at the starting line, some are behind it and some in front of it...then it depends how we each choose to run the race! And for God's sake, quit measuring success in only dollars and cents!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              We are each free to live our lives as we wish....within our means!
                              I could get SF3 to whip my harvest off on his coffee break

We have such barriers to expansion here now. Land trading at $600k a quarter cuts off a lot of people. We should have been expanding 7 yrs ago but instead were just trying to find our feet. Hard to see another entry point coming before my farming career comes to a close.

Comment

I could get SF3 to whip my harvest off on his coffee break

We have such barriers to expansion here now. Land trading at $600k a quarter cuts off a lot of people. We should have been expanding 7 yrs ago but instead were just trying to find our feet. Hard to see another entry point coming before my farming career comes to a close.
                                Might be a lot closer than you think , lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.