• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bastard CBC

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastard CBC

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/what-on-earth-newsletter-e-waste-elizabeth-may-1.5104341

Well, this quote was news to me:

"The meat industry is one of the largest sectors of the Canadian economy and it retains strong social influence on politics, marketing, media and education more generally."
    Had anyone else noticed that?

Grassfarmer, what can we do, and what are you and NFU doing to counter such articles?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Well, this quote was news to me:

Had anyone else noticed that?

Grassfarmer, what can we do, and what are you and NFU doing to counter such articles?
      They must mean dairy? Has influence because nothing else in agriculture has any influence at least not at the producer level.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        They must mean dairy? Has influence because nothing else in agriculture has any influence at least not at the producer level.
        Sad but true..... My cows are eating grass off land too ugly for farming and the stuff we do farm is questionable too. I’m literally making something outta nothing and I’m the “bad guy” apparently. My midnight snack of Hawaiian pizza after checking cows definitely wouldn’t be the same without that “evil” ham and cheese on it. The fact the pineapple came halfway around the world is fine apparently ......😋

Comment

So I quess it’s now fashionable to break up native sod to grow beans. Hutterites will be happy

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
            Sad but true..... My cows are eating grass off land too ugly for farming and the stuff we do farm is questionable too. I’m literally making something outta nothing and I’m the “bad guy” apparently. My midnight snack of Hawaiian pizza after checking cows definitely wouldn’t be the same without that “evil” ham and cheese on it. The fact the pineapple came halfway around the world is fine apparently ......😋
            You aren't making something outta nothing. You're converting solar energy to protein.

Comment

The devolution of journalism and broadcasting in general is sad.
              For CBC to churn that stuff is treasonous.
              The holes in this fiction work are ridiculous.

Comment

Like it or not, dairy produces meat too and lots of it. They do have the stronger voice when it comes to government.

This from the article jumped out at me:

"Gladwin said as much as 70 per cent of the Amazon has been deforested for factory-farmed beef."

Is this a bigger issue for the powers that be? As opposed to the type of land here in Canada that is used for production?

CBC is part of the New World Order whoever the f**k they are. I saw a banner on a news channel that said the leaders of the New World Order (whoever the f**k they are) are very concerned that their existence is threatened by all the right-of-center governments getting elected - including Donald Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
                  Like it or not, dairy produces meat too and lots of it. They do have the stronger voice when it comes to government.

This from the article jumped out at me:

"Gladwin said as much as 70 per cent of the Amazon has been deforested for factory-farmed beef."

Is this a bigger issue for the powers that be? As opposed to the type of land here in Canada that is used for production?

CBC is part of the New World Order whoever the f**k they are. I saw a banner on a news channel that said the leaders of the New World Order (whoever the f**k they are) are very concerned that their existence is threatened by all the right-of-center governments getting elected - including Donald Trump.

That part of the article is bullshit.

First of all, they they grown beans in the deforested areas - not catlte.

Second of all beef in Brazil isn't factory farmed. They are raised on grass, in areas not dit for soybean production

Of course you'd need a clue about ag and geography to know that and these imbrcioe reporters have neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                    That part of the article is bullshit.

First of all, they they grown beans in the deforested areas - not catlte.

Second of all beef in Brazil isn't factory farmed. They are raised on grass, in areas not dit for soybean production

Of course you'd need a clue about ag and geography to know that and these imbrcioe reporters have neither.
                    That's not entirely accurate klause - soy bean meal is fed to cattle but more importantly is the source of protein for the poultry sector so a lot of the cleared land growing beans is producing something that gets fed in a "factory farm" somewhere. They have a feedlot sector in Brazil and it's expanding - feeding maybe 4 million cattle a year.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      That's not entirely accurate klause - soy bean meal is fed to cattle but more importantly is the source of protein for the poultry sector so a lot of the cleared land growing beans is producing something that gets fed in a "factory farm" somewhere. They have a feedlot sector in Brazil and it's expanding - feeding maybe 4 million cattle a year.

Feedlot finishing is 60 or 90 days there vs. here.

Also the article is about "beef" not chicken or pigs while soy meal is fed to cattle far more is fed in North America and Europe than in Brazil...

Soy is one of the most universal things humanity grows. It's components get used in everything from.chocolate to pasta.

Never mind tofu and all the meat substitute products.

Also... All this push to lab grown meat... A calorie is a calorie and the law of conservation of energy says it takes the same amount of energy either way to produce a calorie.

Should we be producing it in a lab with fossil fuel energy or should we be producing it in the field with natures solar panels (grass).

Can't have it both ways. GMOs are evil. Lab grown meat is good??? I don't think so.

Comment

that's good , these squeaky ,skinny ,little ,pale, frail chrysters wil be easy to overtake , lol
                        just eating a nice big juicy fat steak , loving it , thanks all you ranchers !🏋🏼

Comment

Truth or fiction? Pretty funny either way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLk5AAKRem8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3v Wkw3a5ysJRYeiRmTFn4-zGvNqtusaVfqKD5pOeZoTCqysNyOzDOtl-Y http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLk5AAKRem8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3v Wkw3a5ysJRYeiRmTFn4-zGvNqtusaVfqKD5pOeZoTCqysNyOzDOtl-Y

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            Truth or fiction? Pretty funny either way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLk5AAKRem8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3v Wkw3a5ysJRYeiRmTFn4-zGvNqtusaVfqKD5pOeZoTCqysNyOzDOtl-Y http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLk5AAKRem8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3v Wkw3a5ysJRYeiRmTFn4-zGvNqtusaVfqKD5pOeZoTCqysNyOzDOtl-Y
                            When were you interviewed for the video grassy? It looks like awhile ago.

Comment

Didnt realize lamb was so "bad" and tuna hmmm how do they measure all this stuff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.