• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big storm coming or hype!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably about 6" here but very wet snow preceded by rain so might be the water equivalent of 12" of more typical winter snow.

Comment

Here’s some real grass for you guys and cows.

Comment

11" of snow this weekend and 16" before to make 27". We have not had a warm enough day since Dec. to even settle the snow. I would guess that this will set back seeding at least a week maybe two.

Before all this snow most of the Prov. was brown that would have soaked up heat and that warm air would have blown up here to get the melt started. Now with the whole Prov. white no heat.

In the north warm early spring really helps. Sorry for being selfish!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          Here’s some real grass for you guys and cows.
          Where? oh, the little bit in the ditch out of reach of the poor management.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            11" of snow this weekend and 16" before to make 27". We have not had a warm enough day since Dec. to even settle the snow. I would guess that this will set back seeding at least a week maybe two.

Before all this snow most of the Prov. was brown that would have soaked up heat and that warm air would have blown up here to get the melt started. Now with the whole Prov. white no heat.

In the north warm early spring really helps. Sorry for being selfish!
            Usually weather patterns go 6 weeks, it's into WET here, the floods could be back here if this goes on till May.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	010 (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	766271

Comment

....being selfish? Just thinking what would be best for you...that's all. Nothing wrong with thinking and saying it.

Good luck! No sarcasm intended!

Comment

Well, I thought we got too much snow. But then the CBC came out and said this storm was great for farmers. I guess it was great for farmers then... At least now I know.

Comment

For us in the NE it going to be mud bowl time again..
                  Just when there was hope for a slightly drier spring.

Comment

Just looked at Environment Canada satellite. It looks like a storm developing in the SW(Idaho). Don't put the snow blowers away.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...