• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Tour of S. Central Saskatchewan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Tour of S. Central Saskatchewan

Looking at Pulses for staging and disease in the Assiniboia and Rouleau areas. Majorly fewer lentils around Assiniboia than last year but lots of lentils in Rouleau area as usual. And only 2 Canaryseed fields in our travels around south of Moose Jaw. Their lentils are about a week ahead of ours. We also only saw three fieldS of Chick Peas today. The ones south east of Assiniboia are podded but not filled. They were recently sprayed and no disease was apparent on the pods, but Chick Peas just south of Regina aren’t so lucky with disease on every pod. Lentils nearer Regina are late. Maybe we are just impatient. Drought and incessant heat may beat disease and finish them off. Lots of durum and canola everywhere.

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Looking at Pulses for staging and disease in the Assiniboia and Rouleau areas. Majorly fewer lentils around Assiniboia than last year but lots of lentils in Rouleau area as usual. And only 2 Canaryseed fields in our travels around south of Moose Jaw. Their lentils are about a week ahead of ours. We also only saw three fieldS of Chick Peas today. The ones south east of Assiniboia are podded but not filled. They were recently sprayed and no disease was apparent on the pods, but Chick Peas just south of Regina aren’t so lucky with disease on every pod. Lentils nearer Regina are late. Maybe we are just impatient. Drought and incessant heat may beat disease and finish them off. Lots of durum and canola everywhere.
    How dare you drive right by my place and not stop in for a cold one. 🍺🍺🍺actually that’s 3. Lol.

Comment

Were you home? We’ll be back next year. You’ve got some pretty fine looking crops out there Bigzee. We could have shared our beer and koobasa. And broke bread with you. 🥳

Comment

Were you home? We’ll be back next year. You’ve got some pretty fine looking crops out there Bigzee. We could have shared our beer and koobasa. And broke bread with you. 🥳
        Did you go east of Assiniboia?

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
          I was in the radville area the other day. Looks ok. Some nice canola crops mixed in with some more sparse. Turning and burning a bit. More canola and durum than lentils. Didn't see any chicks. They are a couple weeks from harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
            Yes, across to Big Beaver. 😂 Jazz, we probably stopped for a snoop near you too. Guess you could call us spies. Hope we didn’t 👀 a few Chinese lentils, the two Mikes might have new cribbage partners.
            Last edited by sumdumguy; Jul 31, 2020, 22:30.

Comment

Yes, across to Big Beaver. 😂 Jazz, we probably stopped for a snoop near you too. Guess you could call us spies. Hope we didn’t 👀 a few Chinese lentils, the two Mikes might have new cribbage partners.
              Don't tell anyone but I seeded a whole field to those Chinese seeds coming in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Don't tell anyone but I seeded a whole field to those Chinese seeds coming in the mail.
                Who is collecting the royalties on those seeds?

Comment

That’s it Jazz, you’ve done it! The CFIA sent us a memo and anyone caught even joking about sniffing the seeds is being extra-dieted. Oh yeh guys, there’s a new seed plant at Minton, didn’t know about that. Guess I can’t count on AV to keep me up to date on “everything”.

Comment

A southern trip would be a good thing maybe next weekend. Wife is working so tractor truck crop tour maybe on.

Watch next week as some companies will be out with crop reports

Comment

Nothing to see south of the number 1 highway, it's all sand dunes, rattle snakes and cactus down here.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Nothing to see south of the number 1 highway, it's all sand dunes, rattle snakes and cactus down here.....
                        ...a few of my favorite things!

Heading that route to check it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	road trip.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	769992

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                          ...a few of my favorite things!

Heading that route to check it out.

[ATTACH]6456[/ATTACH]
                          And that's the good land and what it can grow and support.

Comment

Quit looking here , 75% in this area hit with hail and not nice to look at anymore is what it is now.
                            Blackbeans and Fabas responded very well to the fungicide/ nutrient application and recovered fast .
                            Early crops and hail damaged crops like peas and canola changing quick . The real bad area NE of me is getting cut and bailed now
                            Was lucky to get 1 in rain with that storm so anything not hit too bad is filling nice .
                            North of here 30-40 miles , lots of canola just in full bloom 😬

Comment

Corn that just got touched is growing rapidly.. ...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.