• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barter

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barter

We don't need no stinking dollars..... if these cool kids can do it, so can we.

Talk about a giant leap backwards in progress.

Sure it can be done. And according to my accountant, it is legal, but there is a good reason why trade expanded as far and fast as it has when there has been a reliable currency that can be used.

If lack of access to USD(through sanctions or otherwise) is the driving force behind this type of event, expect trade volumes to plummet.

Comment

Search "The Dollar Milkshake" on YouTube. Basically the net effect of the US being a crude oil exporter today vs importer in past is creating a giant vacuum for currency. It won't be long and grain will be involved. Not a positive for prices. Most countries use an arm of govt to procure grains, its not private importers. If these entities can't secure the LOC that needs to be in place before the boat is loaded, it's no sale. Things are going to get interesting.

Comment

I follow the idea behind oil here, but wouldn't it be more accurate to look at balance of payments? US is still a massive importer of foreign goods largely paid in US currency. Foreign entities can trade that back to their central bank for local currency, or keep it stuffed in an account for purchases of US products... Funds can repatriated in a couple of ways. Purchase of US assets or investments by foreign entities, or the purchasing of US finished goods.

Long story short, the money is still going out into the world isnt it? Just in a different form? Only difference I can really see is that perhaps China becomes the intermediary instead of direct US --> petro states. China still hoovering oil, and i would think petro states could ask for $US as payment, which China would have plenty of, which they could then turn around to buy US finished goods or raw materials?

What am I missing?

Comment

During history of CWB there were a few times when lack of delivery quota made growers resort to barter to dispose of production.
          By law, only the board could buy wheat or barley and for a time, oats , grown in the designated area of western Canada.
          Exception was feed grains so some livestock producers were able to sell their grain to the board at a higher price than they had to pay another grower for replacement grain.
          There were times when top quality milling wheat was sold for less than half what it brought from the board.
          Some equipment dealers especially, traded machinery for grain and were then able to find an outlet for it through the board, not legal, but not uncommon.
          Would agree that barter was and is sometimes used to circumvent law.

Comment

Happens every time govt gets too intrusive. Driving commerce underground thereby reducing tax income rather than increasing it. It's why they like cashless.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Happens every time govt gets too intrusive. Driving commerce underground thereby reducing tax income rather than increasing it. It's why they like cashless.
              Ha😎
              Joke is on the govt....... I’m “cashless” in a different way

Slim pickin’s out here as usual

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                Ha😎
                Joke is on the govt....... I’m “cashless” in a different way

Slim pickin’s out here as usual
                I suspect India and Venezuela are sitting in a worse "cash position" then you Woodland. They got no dollars, so they are bartering. Merely looking for clues of a change into inflation from deflation. There's no change, yet. In fact it could be foreshadowing a more extreme deflation event. Just looking for clues and thought it was noteworthy because this is not normal behavior.

Comment

More news...... this is legit in my eyes, there's a currency reset coming. It will be drastic.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/1309145/cryptocurrency-news-Bank-of-England-Andrew-Bailey-digital-finance-central-banks-Brexit/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
                    During history of CWB there were a few times when lack of delivery quota made growers resort to barter to dispose of production.
                    By law, only the board could buy wheat or barley and for a time, oats , grown in the designated area of western Canada.
                    Exception was feed grains so some livestock producers were able to sell their grain to the board at a higher price than they had to pay another grower for replacement grain.
                    There were times when top quality milling wheat was sold for less than half what it brought from the board.
                    Some equipment dealers especially, traded machinery for grain and were then able to find an outlet for it through the board, not legal, but not uncommon.
                    Would agree that barter was and is sometimes used to circumvent law.
                    Exactly why I disliked the CWB . Communist mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                      More news...... this is legit in my eyes, there's a currency reset coming. It will be drastic.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/1309145/cryptocurrency-news-Bank-of-England-Andrew-Bailey-digital-finance-central-banks-Brexit/amp?__twitter_impression=true
                      99% of the population confuse their currency with money. They are in for a rude wake up call.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.