• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Marketing ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Marketing ...

Everything put on hold now here for the next month. Will see what happens with current weather events going on .
    ADM had $10.50 fall canola on for 15 min or so this morning. Was full fast .
    Wheat still a dog locally.
    Other crops hanging in there .
    Crop projections will vary wildly the next 3 weeks

I’m not selling any lentils . Too much rain for them. Grains buyers think they look awesome from the road. Cereal crops and canola look good. Time will tell.

Comment

https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/grains/55292/double-digit-gains-for-wheat https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/grains/55292/double-digit-gains-for-wheat

saying - Kansas w wheat showing some frost damage, -10 mbu.
      --------- trade guessing USDA will reduce America's total wheat production by 29mbu(friday's report day).
      --------- France reducing it's wheat production by 21%

Great moves in wheats today.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
        https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/grains/55292/double-digit-gains-for-wheat https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/grains/55292/double-digit-gains-for-wheat

saying - Kansas w wheat showing some frost damage, -10 mbu.
        --------- trade guessing USDA will reduce America's total wheat production by 29mbu(friday's report day).
        --------- France reducing it's wheat production by 21%

Great moves in wheats today.
        What ?????

The admit now there was frost damage from 2 months ago ?????
        Sooner or later the truth comes out

Comment

Sold spring thrash canola for 10.54 yesterday but seeing some of the canola fields out there in the Camrose and Wetaskiwin areas today, I may have sold too early. It will be a small crop of canola this year. Don't want to hold the spring thrash any longer though.

Comment

Lentil market is not responding to what you guys are seeing.

Comment

Went to Ritche Bros Rouleau today.
              There are some fantastic looking lentil crops from the road.
              But it wasn't that many years ago they literally rotted in the feild.....not at harvest but during the growing season.
              Nothing is in the bin yet.

Comment

What!!? A marketing thread!!!??
                Well, we'll lose Chuckass that's a big 10-4!
                Just my situation, for logistical purposes and opportunities.
                44 bu wheat sold off combine so far.
                No peas. They usually go all in one shot early winter. No canola, yet...
                Hoping to do more wheat. If goes high enough will try sell some for next year.
                Watching canola close though. Like to crack all bins before Xmas.

Comment

AJL
                  You need to get east of Camrose buddy.
                  I've been from Drum to Vermillion in last week. Dandy.
                  Lamont north half gone tho yup.
                  IMHO, you did good with your spring thrash.

Comment

Momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      Sold spring thrash canola for 10.54 yesterday but seeing some of the canola fields out there in the Camrose and Wetaskiwin areas today, I may have sold too early. It will be a small crop of canola this year. Don't want to hold the spring thrash any longer though.
                      Seems like a good price for spring thrash canola.

Comment

Got a few thousand bu of good # 1 durum left on the farm here. Going to leave it in the bin and wait. Not going to be a bin busting type of year down here anyways , so space will not be a problem. Besides , the money us farmers make , the more the government seems to "need" !

I wonder what kind of creative math those bastards in Ottawa are going to come up with in the near future to carve away at the expense of all of us. After all , who else is going to pay for the debt?

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                          Got a few thousand bu of good # 1 durum left on the farm here. Going to leave it in the bin and wait. Not going to be a bin busting type of year down here anyways , so space will not be a problem. Besides , the money us farmers make , the more the government seems to "need" !

I wonder what kind of creative math those bastards in Ottawa are going to come up with in the near future to carve away at the expense of all of us. After all , who else is going to pay for the debt?
                          Oil industry will be shut down....Potash could be fulfilled by the Ukraine mines ....the only business to tax is agriculture and only farmers are the target....the rest makes their margins off us....and get funding from the government ...

Protein industries canada is funding the pulse processing....

So you are taxing farmers to give money to industry that " says" it will be a 40 billion dollar industry....but can't finance themselves....

Primary farming is a multibillion dollar industry every year and we don't receive shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                            Crops are certainly variable depending on area and amount of rain. In my area canola and wheat look very good but the barley and peas are suffering a bit from wet feet. Sprayed fungicide this am on first field of wheat looks really good from the drivers seat.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              I can't SHOVEL grain due to covid !
                              I ran out of masks

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.