• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chemical reps...what is the right thing to say?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    I think it got to 26c during the day even though the weather forecast said it would be 29 which is why I called Bayer prior to spraying....night time Bayer now says it was below 10c which wasn't an issue when I called them....they said spray in the evening...

Now the excuse is it was too cool in the evening on either side of my spraying....phuck sakes....
    Do you have access to the actual temperature that evening from a local weather monitoring station, or Farmzone?

Comment

I feel your our pain is what I get when guys ask how much rain we have had. Yea it’s code for this guy won’t buy anything so off our list till next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        Bucket, quick question were you out “possibly” spraying in the wind when you applied this?
        We have had a couple of those days.
        I’m surprised they haven’t come up with that excuse yet!

No it was not windy.

And I don't have the historical records but apparently Bayer does.

Comment

Its not just a pallet plus of Buctril M ...its the loss of crop and the dockage in the flax ....Now I will have to clean the flax after or take a discount....not get the yield potential....

I can afford any chemical I need ...but I can not afford for it not to work.
          an even bigger cost (loss) is the increase in weed seeds in seed bank when spray does not work. I fought increased wild oat pressure for years after a WO spray did not work at all.

Comment

You can go here and easily get the data from as far back as 1840.

https://climate.weather.gc.ca/historical_data/search_historic_data_e.html https://climate.weather.gc.ca/historical_data/search_historic_data_e.html

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
              an even bigger cost (loss) is the increase in weed seeds in seed bank when spray does not work. I fought increased wild oat pressure for years after a WO spray did not work at all.
              Interesting you mention that...I used Authority on this field last year and sprayed with RUP mid season on soybeans....

Kochia is stronger than ever....On the same field I have tried Blackhawk with pyroflufen, Conquer another year....some usual stuff with the cereal crops....just a phucking mat of kochia...

I am waiting for them to say second growth....there isn't any room for more.

Comment

1. Take a pesticide applicator course. You won't feel outclassed by the reps when they come out, and better yet you'll understand the affect wind temperature sun and other factors have on chemicals.

2. Read and follow label directions at all times. It is actually a legal requirement.

3. Keep records. Time of spraying crop stage weeds present lot # of chem, temperature wind pressure and cloud cover. Show up with this on paper when the rep comes out and you're having a very different conversation.

99% of the time it's the applicators fault. Not the chemical.

Every now and then it's a mfg ****up.

Last year we had liberty that was a weird colour. Phoned our rep told them this is off. Sent a pic... They told us to spray, we did.

Didn't work worth shit. Rep came out with a new tote of liberty, some Prosaro to make up for application cost and some swag.
                Last edited by Zephyr; Jul 9, 2020, 08:39.

Comment

No it was not windy.

And I don't have the historical records but apparently Bayer does.
                  Bucket, go to the enviornment canada website for nearest weather station to you. Go down to yesterdays data and to the far right side you will see historical data. Will provide daily temps wind rainfall etc for any day you select by month

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                    Bucket, go to the enviornment canada website for nearest weather station to you. Go down to yesterdays data and to the far right side you will see historical data. Will provide daily temps wind rainfall etc for any day you select by month
                    thanks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.