• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chemical reps...what is the right thing to say?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemical reps...what is the right thing to say?

So I sprayed and wasn't happy with the Buctril M job....I had called Bayer's 888 number before I sprayed as I worried about the hot temperature ....

Yesterday the rep said because it was below 10 degrees that it wouldn't work.....hold on I called the 888 number about temperature on June 22 before I sprayed...no one mentioned cool temperatures and I was told I should be ok to spray in the evening...

They have young girls working so you don't get mad I guess....I only talk on the phone and won't go to the field unless necessary with them....because they think I am stupid....and they typically insult my intelligence....

By saying shit like .....it like taking a glass out of the dishwasher and 27 degrees and cooling it 10 degrees ...the plants won't take it in.....just bullshit....

Sub 10c and spray dent work now.....holy phuck....

What do you guys tell chemical reps ....

What were you spraying?

I had a couple touch and go nights too where I was tempted to spray in cooler temps but waited and glad I did.

Double digits overnight should be a goal if possible.

Comment

...........always read and follow label directions.

Comment

"Next time I'll buy the generic"

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          What were you spraying?

I had a couple touch and go nights too where I was tempted to spray in cooler temps but waited and glad I did.

Double digits overnight should be a goal if possible.
          Flax....the 888 people at Bayer said evening spraying would allow the flax to metabolize the Buctril M and wouldn't get as much wilting effects...but they forgot to mention the cool weather....

First thing they check before inspecting is the weather reports so they had that info when I called on June 22....and it didn't feel that cool when I was spraying in a t shirt in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
            A lot of generics don't carry any "performance support"..... but there's all kinds of excuses why the name brand products never performed either...... and, no claim.

Comment

bucket, buctril never totally works in flax for quite a while now. The fields have to be spotless from the previous season to get any sort of decent control and thats even with Authority in the spring. That crop grows so slow that every weed in the book has a chance to gain on it.

The chem rep nervously upped the MCPA in the formulation for me a couple years ago and that was the only time I had a little longer seasonal control.

I try to grow crops now that will at least be taller than the weeds.

Comment

What didn't work? Weed control?

What was the temperature during the day and the time you sprayed?

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                  I think that would be the only thing that they would understand, and care about.
                  Don't forget, everything you've bought over the last 20 years is on record in a computer somewhere.
                  Bucket they know you like Buctril-M from your history, your branded, and you'll buy it again !

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    bucket, buctril never totally works in flax for quite a while now. The fields have to be spotless from the previous season to get any sort of decent control and thats even with Authority in the spring. That crop grows so slow that every weed in the book has a chance to gain on it.

The chem rep nervously upped the MCPA in the formulation for me a couple years ago and that was the only time I had a little longer seasonal control.

I try to grow crops now that will at least be taller than the weeds.
                    I used Authority and threw in some MCPA amine for the burnoff with my glyphosate on one quarter ...its the dirtiest field I have...so i went back with buctril m....and with the advice from the Nufarm rep threw in some MCPA ester as a heater in crop....well lets just say I still have a better crop of Kochia than flax right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      What didn't work? Weed control?

What was the temperature during the day and the time you sprayed?
                      I think it got to 26c during the day even though the weather forecast said it would be 29 which is why I called Bayer prior to spraying....night time Bayer now says it was below 10c which wasn't an issue when I called them....they said spray in the evening...

Now the excuse is it was too cool in the evening on either side of my spraying....phuck sakes....

Comment

Gee it's just a bit of Buctril. What is the matter with Bayer?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                          Gee it's just a bit of Buctril. What is the matter with Bayer?

Its not just a pallet plus of Buctril M ...its the loss of crop and the dockage in the flax ....Now I will have to clean the flax after or take a discount....not get the yield potential....

I can afford any chemical I need ...but I can not afford for it not to work.

Comment

I know but I have never had a chemical company do anything more than pay for the spray

Comment

Bucket, quick question were you out “possibly” spraying in the wind when you applied this?
                              We have had a couple of those days.
                              I’m surprised they haven’t come up with that excuse yet!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.