• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wondering when, they will…start coming for… “US”

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering when, they will…start coming for… “US”

New Jersey Is Allegedly Scanning Facebook For Coal-Rolling Diesels, Threatening Sellers With Jail
    The NJ DEP is using the site to locate and contact owners of modified diesel trucks.
    BY LUCAS BELL
    JUL 28, 2022

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...ers-with-jail/
    Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

"Diesel truck owners in New Jersey are facing unique pressure from the Department of Environmental Protection’s Bureau of Mobile Sources & Air Compliance & Enforcement. According to a slew of posts made on Facebook, owners of modified diesel trucks with changes made to their emissions systems and engine management computers are up against huge fines and possibly even jail time.

New Jersey passed its Coal Rolling Law back in 2015. According to that statute, no person shall retrofit any diesel-powered vehicle with equipment that enhances the vehicle’s capacity to emit soot, smoke, or other particulate emissions. Along with the installation of these devices, the actual act of emitting excess soot from a diesel vehicle is prohibited. These actions were already illegal on the federal level, in the eyes of the EPA. The New Jersey DEP later kicked off an anti-tampering initiative back in 2019, which specifically focused on cracking down on this sort of behavior. With all of the information about diesel-related pollutants that emerged following the Dieselgate investigations, similar actions have been taken in other states across the country. New Jersey diesel owners have started to make noise about the way in which the state is enforcing these policies.

mike sebold dodge ram 2500 diesel under investigation by nj dep
    MIKE SEBOLD
    One of these diesel truck owners is Mike Sebold, who recently issued a warning to others via his Facebook page. In an interview with R&T, Sebold said he listed his 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 6.7-liter Cummins diesel for sale on Facebook Marketplace earlier in the summer. The truck’s emissions system had been modified by a previous owner, who Sebold had traded another vehicle with last year.

“I put it up on Facebook and got a couple of hits on it,” Sebold said. “People were asking questions but nothing out of the norm for Facebook Marketplace. One person asked me for a video of the truck running, wanting to see if there was any blow-by. I of course said no problem and sent them the video. I guess in that clip they could see there was no oil cooler installed, and then they asked to see the exhaust in another clip. There were no cats or DPF filters on the truck.”

And it goes... on and on... like take the engine out and the truck becomes a 'Salvage' truck on the title....

60 days to comply....

No Mercy, do not collect $200... no 'get out of jail free card'....

Comment

New Jersey Is Allegedly Scanning Facebook For Coal-Rolling Diesels, Threatening Sellers With Jail
      The NJ DEP is using the site to locate and contact owners of modified diesel trucks.
      BY LUCAS BELL
      JUL 28, 2022

"Diesel truck owners in New Jersey are facing unique pressure from the Department of Environmental Protection’s Bureau of Mobile Sources & Air Compliance & Enforcement. According to a slew of posts made on Facebook, owners of modified diesel trucks with changes made to their emissions systems and engine management computers are up against huge fines and possibly even jail time.

New Jersey passed its Coal Rolling Law back in 2015. According to that statute, no person shall retrofit any diesel-powered vehicle with equipment that enhances the vehicle’s capacity to emit soot, smoke, or other particulate emissions. Along with the installation of these devices, the actual act of emitting excess soot from a diesel vehicle is prohibited. These actions were already illegal on the federal level, in the eyes of the EPA. The New Jersey DEP later kicked off an anti-tampering initiative back in 2019, which specifically focused on cracking down on this sort of behavior. With all of the information about diesel-related pollutants that emerged following the Dieselgate investigations, similar actions have been taken in other states across the country. New Jersey diesel owners have started to make noise about the way in which the state is enforcing these policies.

mike sebold dodge ram 2500 diesel under investigation by nj dep
      MIKE SEBOLD
      One of these diesel truck owners is Mike Sebold, who recently issued a warning to others via his Facebook page. In an interview with R&T, Sebold said he listed his 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 6.7-liter Cummins diesel for sale on Facebook Marketplace earlier in the summer. The truck’s emissions system had been modified by a previous owner, who Sebold had traded another vehicle with last year.

“I put it up on Facebook and got a couple of hits on it,” Sebold said. “People were asking questions but nothing out of the norm for Facebook Marketplace. One person asked me for a video of the truck running, wanting to see if there was any blow-by. I of course said no problem and sent them the video. I guess in that clip they could see there was no oil cooler installed, and then they asked to see the exhaust in another clip. There were no cats or DPF filters on the truck.”

And it goes... on and on... like take the engine out and the truck becomes a 'Salvage' truck on the title....

60 days to comply....

No Mercy, do not collect $200... no 'get out of jail free card'....
      "Many voiced their frustrations about the state’s ability to enforce such a policy, while others suggested opting for a pre-DEF diesel vehicle. Some have even tried to help source the parts that Sebold needs to bring the truck back into compliance. That’s trickier than you’d think, as most owners end up tossing emissions parts in the bin once they’ve modified their trucks. Others still highlighted the reasons why diesel truck owners go down this modification route, which more times than not has nothing to do with rolling coal.

Modified diesel engines often provide significant fuel economy and horsepower gains, as Sebold noted from his own experience. Those gains can also come at the cost of excess nitrogen-oxide emissions. We already know that diesel enforcement at the federal level is getting serious, with a diesel tuner recently being sentenced to jail for selling the engine computer tuners necessary to make these conversions happen. With that sort of precedent, states like New Jersey are unlikely to back down from this position. If you have an illegally modified diesel in the state, it is probably time to start investigating solutions."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Our provincial leaders need to start pushing back. I see on another Forum that I check out from time to time some American states are pushing back against the ESG clowns.
            https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/28/west-virginia-blocks-banks-esg-coal/

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
              Our provincial leaders need to start pushing back. I see on another Forum that I check out from time to time some American states are pushing back against the ESG clowns.
              https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/28/west-virginia-blocks-banks-esg-coal/
              Interesting that the US Supreme Court is doing just that.... ruling that the Federal bureaucrats can't just dream up regulations and enforce them with their own administrative regulations. I saw on BNN today the bleeding heart liberals are really squawking with annoyance that they can't just dream up whatever regulations that 'please' their 'woke' sensibilities... without proper legislative authorities.

Sadly our SCofCanada has excused virtually anything/everything; under the 'Peace. Order, and "{Good Government}" [which it fails miserably at] for 'the rule of law' must have fair legislative balance and common sense oversight... which Trudeau has scrapped with heavy handed pandemic 'emergency' authorised administrative regulations.

It remains to be seen... if Canadians have enough 'intestinal fortitude' to demand back our legislative authority that the PMO has seized from a truly accountable Parliamentary Democracy.

The PMO has become the [pandemic enhanced] "Judge, Jury, and Executioner".

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Tom I just saw 2 clowns in a jacked up diesel rolling coal through the town of Banff.

It should be banned. It’s stupid to release emissions like that when they have no productive value. Energy should do work, not be wasteful.

Should ban crop dusters too. Getting a little sick of these guys dive bombing near my yard. Dropping fungicide or whatever while the neighbours kids play in the yard. Gonna find one of these guys in the power lines one day. You have a HC sprayer wtf do you need a plane for.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Tom I just saw 2 clowns in a jacked up diesel rolling coal through the town of Banff.

It should be banned. It’s stupid to release emissions like that when they have no productive value. Energy should do work, not be wasteful.

Should ban crop dusters too. Getting a little sick of these guys dive bombing near my yard. Dropping fungicide or whatever while the neighbours kids play in the yard. Gonna find one of these guys in the power lines one day. You have a HC sprayer wtf do you need a plane for.

Dive bombing?

Comment

Have to admit I don't feel sorry for the rolling coal clowns, billowing black smoke at every red light, keep flooring it ever 20 feet, grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                      Have to admit I don't feel sorry for the rolling coal clowns, billowing black smoke at every red light, keep flooring it ever 20 feet, grow up.
                      Same goes for the guys with Peterbilts and kenworths that just have to roll coal every time they shove that 5' long stick into another scared shitless sprocket... If you're running an old 855, or 3406, then a wee "curl" is typical, but jesus some of these guys running X15's juiced to the hilt must be a heavy duty mechanics wet dream!

If a volvo is puking coal you just assume the check engine light is on, if it's a pete/kenworth I always cringe and think, if you're going to give it the fuel, at least spend a couple extra dollars and let the damned thing breathe!

Comment

That said... They're coming. Time may not be on their side long term, but they're coming none-the-less.

Wait till you have to justify every action to a gov't bureaucrat that has the general public's well being (or at least what his binder says is the public's well being...) rather than yours in mind.

1) Can you account for every liter of oil purchased when recyclers come and meter your used oil that is stored in double walled lined concrete barriers?

2) Can you account for every single lb (sorry... kg) of fertilizer? Did you properly dispose of those "lumps" that were solid in the bottom of the hopper bin? God help you if you threw them on the grass beside the bin!

3) Did your government approved agronomist (at government wage levels of course) approve of every lb of fertilizer you put on? We need the GPS data to confirm... Please upload all your private data for us to pore over.

4a) Did you government approved agrononist approve of every single application of chemical at the prescribed rate, and time? Was it all in accordance with the handbook (hear the thud of the binder as it lands on the table outlining all the conditions you have to abide by).

4b) Really sorry that a government approved agronomist couldn't get out there in time to check off on that application of Matador for the grasshoppers in early July... He/She/Xe/It was at the lake on government mandated days off because *** was WAY over his allotted overtime. Here's your fine to remind you that you shouldn't have done that EVEN if it ended up being the right thing to do without prior approval.

5) We see you seeded that slough this year and you didn't file the appropriate paperwork nor get approval from your local planning department, and even though the general area was dry, it wasn't dry enough to warrant the seeding of anything that wasn't approved before hand. That slough is now protected habitat...

6) Good god must I continue?

They're coming... You know it, I know it, and better yet... THEY know it.

Comment

They been working gradually on the beef more or less like you describe. Started with the RFID tags in about 2003. All for our protection to keep markets open.**

Comment

Interesting that the US Supreme Court is doing just that.... ruling that the Federal bureaucrats can't just dream up regulations and enforce them with their own administrative regulations. I saw on BNN today the bleeding heart liberals are really squawking with annoyance that they can't just dream up whatever regulations that 'please' their 'woke' sensibilities... without proper legislative authorities.

Sadly our SCofCanada has excused virtually anything/everything; under the 'Peace. Order, and "{Good Government}" [which it fails miserably at] for 'the rule of law' must have fair legislative balance and common sense oversight... which Trudeau has scrapped with heavy handed pandemic 'emergency' authorised administrative regulations.

It remains to be seen... if Canadians have enough 'intestinal fortitude' to demand back our legislative authority that the PMO has seized from a truly accountable Parliamentary Democracy.

The PMO has become the [pandemic enhanced] "Judge, Jury, and Executioner".

Blessings and Salutations
                            Farms.com Home › News
                            Saskatchewan and Alberta disappointed with Ottawa's fertilizer emissions reduction target
                            Jul 26, 2022

The fertilizer emissions reduction was not even a topic on the agenda for the annual Federal, Provincial and Territorial Agriculture Minister meetings until the provinces pushed to discuss the topic.

During the discussion they learned that the target is already set.

Minister Marit and Minister Horner putting out a press release following the wrap up of the FTP expressing their profound disappointment with the Federal Government's fertilizer emissions reduction target.

According to the press release..."The commitment to future consultations are only to determine how to meet the target that Prime Minister Trudeau and Minister Bibeau have already unilaterally imposed on this industry, not to consult on what is achievable or attainable."

Saskatchewan's Agriculture Minister David Marit is concerned with this arbitrary goal.

"The Trudeau government has apparently moved on from their attack on the oil and gas industry and set their sights on Saskatchewan farmers."

Alberta's Minister of Agriculture Nate Horner says the world is looking for Canada to increase production and be a solution to global food shortages.

"The Federal government needs to display that they understand this. They owe it to our producers."

He notes this has been the most expensive crop anyone has put in, following a very difficult year on the prairies.

In the release they note that Western Canadian producers base fertilizer inputs on realistic targets based on moisture availability.

"Producers are conservative in the use of fertilizer inputs and don't add more than what is needed. They alone simply cannot shoulder the impact of this shortsighted policy."

Comment

Fact is ye dont know how good ye have it over here ,for over 20 years in Ireland all cars over 10 years old are tested every year , under 10 years every 2 years , all comercial vehicles are tested every year and all farm vehicles would be in that catagory , test would be similar to a safety here but their is an emission test included too , all the regulations there come here eventualy and im suprised it has taken this long for them to start testing emissions here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.