• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm machinery recalls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree 100%

If a certain law office in Regina would like to take this on as a Class Action Lawsuit, I believe there is a case. The health safety/ personal- pubic, loss of property, collusion, etcit would take a long time but the damages to property, income, safety, etc would be very large.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
      Ever hear of back axle breaking off an IHC axleflow? LoL Insurance company had.
      Neighbour had it happen on a1688 last fall and on his 2388 this spring . Wonder what would happen if it done it on the highway and put combine in front of oncoming traffic and killed someone ??
      A good way to lift the combine is a chunk of railroad tie and loader on each side

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Unbelievable that Case would not put some tin shielding or some fire protection on the plastic fuel tank 3 inches away from an always chaff filled 3000 rpm chopper bearing with a hidden 2nd grease nipple. Or how bout the 1.25 inches of spline that drives the feeder house chain. Some guys have to change out twice a season for $4000 in parts. Or how bout the .70 cent 1 inch circlip that regularly fails and lets the cooling fan walk into the $6000 radiator. Then there is the rub bars placed on the rotor to run inside the transition cone. Like Hello McFly! Or the stone trap thats like having a back seat in an old Mazda RX7. So small its virtually useless.

The combine manufacturers must think we idiots.
        Never heard of the fan clip coming off ? Is that on an iveco ?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          I know of several 9870 combines that destroyed their rads when the engine fan bearings failed. Usually about 1200-1500 hours. Non greasing, no suggested user service.
          They need checking for "play" every day. Nothing $15000-$18000 won't fix.
          Deere says bearing under high load but never had an update, won't cover parts.
          Insurance would only pay if the damage caused a fire, we weren't that lucky.
          Deere 12.5/13.5 water pump is a disgrace, suggested replacement every 2000 hours? Many failed before Deere even said that.
          Case IH 8120 combine burned lately, the over heated chopper bearing conveniently located below the fuel pump or filter. Full insurance...100% destroyed to a pile of scrap iron.
          That chopper bearing was a recall on 8&9 series afx , but the pricks didn't advertise it . I would be willing to bet that the junk rubber fuel line failed on that 8120 , complete garbage

Comment

I think a farm machinery ombudsman to review major failures....and act accordingly. ..

Why did the back beater fail with a grease nipple.....because the hole to allow grease in was on the inboard side and it never received grease...caused plenty of total losses.

Why do rims fail ....too far cantilevered....

Engineered ?????

And yes I would take the job....getting sick of shoulder shrugging. ...but getting the bill...
            Last edited by bucket; Oct 15, 2017, 13:57.

Comment

Have any Versatile rims or drum duals failed? I am really impressed how true they are, no wobble at all, all 8 turn arrow straight. Firestone 710x42 tires straight and round also. More stories about tires I am sure....8910 cultivator 3 year Goodyear show stubble cracks between ribs already. The 20 year old 8810 left with all but 2 original tires.

Comment

Ya 13l Iveco. Keep an eye on the play. I know two guys that both had too bring a crane in to the field to lift the new rad in from the top. The bearing eventually spins on the shaft up against the little snap ring. Replace and use loctite retaining compound on the new bearings is wise.
                Last edited by biglentil; Oct 15, 2017, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                  Ya 13l Iveco. Keep an eye on the play. I know two guys that both had too bring a crane in to the field to lift the new rad in from the top. The bearing eventually spins on the shaft up against the little snap ring. Replace and use loctite retaining compound on the new bearings is wise.
                  strange case had this problem on their 80 & 88 series also ? thanks sure hadn't heard of it on iveco's

Comment

We had a fuel leak on one of ours.

So the manufactures know there is a issue by the number of lines they replace in a year. It’s personal safety, down time, loss of the machine, insurance deductible/premium, fire department, loss of crop, just extreme danger.

Airline, auto industries it would be mandatory recall and fix it right.

Honestly a fuel line spraying fuel all over engine or engine compartment, come on,...

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                      We had a fuel leak on one of ours.

So the manufactures know there is a issue by the number of lines they replace in a year. It’s personal safety, down time, loss of the machine, insurance deductible/premium, fire department, loss of crop, just extreme danger.

Airline, auto industries it would be mandatory recall and fix it right.

Honestly a fuel line spraying fuel all over engine or engine compartment, come on,...
                      Our case 8010 did just that , lucky it was idling in yard

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                        Ever hear of back axle breaking off an IHC axleflow? LoL Insurance company had.
                        I had one break in field a couple of years ago. It was big trouble trying to get that frame off the ground to install new. I think combine world carries 5 or 6 heavier built ones per season. When I drove in to pick mine up, they were loading one for another farmers wife. That has been a known weak point since the 1480s. About 35 years.
                        My helper this harvest is a younger city guy. He starts asking about recalls on high dollar machinery and class action lawsuits. My response was manufacturers basically dont care. You bought, you own it. Now you're farming.
                        I like to tell the story about a few years ago a few farmers bought 24 John Deere combines and the delivery made the tv news . 10 days later the back tires were falling off the combines in fields adjacent to the highway on a long weekend. The post delivery work had not been done and wheel bolts worked themsevles out. The timing was practically identical on the multiple units in the field.
                        Somedays I get kind of unmotivated driving my shrapnel, then I park it and let it depreciate for 9 months. Then I feel better. I would go totally postal if I had a hundreds of thousands of dollars power unit sitting while waiting to pay for the mother company to drive out and program a new update. Paying big money and still being a dependant. Im just not progressive.

Comment

poor enginering is bad enough but the cheap bearing thing, is beyond beleif, or cheap chain,
                          20,000$rem grain vac. 1-50 chain 18 inches long,chinese junk.
                          would the extra 5-10$ have broke them
                          they all seemto find some way to screwup what would be a good product.

our only recourse we have against the bean counter that costs us 100s or 1000s $
                          to save them 8$ a unit.
                          is to point out everytime it happens.

not fixing known problems for years, you would think it was almost planned that way

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Rims breaking and it just so happens deere has 20 in Regina. 3300...neither combine is over 1300 separator hours....2 rims in the last 3 years....
                            Unverferth sells rims that go onto john deere combines we had one break this year and it cost about $2100 through them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.