• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up for cattle guys

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get it in a paste or pill form to take orally. The Philippinos around here use safeguard whenever they feel ill.

Comment

We were treating the cows with the pour on a couple years ago and the hose came off the back pack jug. Probably lost a liter, mostly on my coveralls, which soaked through my jeans. Was probably on my skin for 20 mins before I cleaned and changed. I haven't had any side effects that I know off.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
        I got 30 litres leftover in the shop that only set back the lice this winter. I thought it was worthless but now ........... open to offers??😉

No way they’d let something worth $10/L be a “treatment” when the dose is measured in CC’s.

Crazy times indeed

P.S. what’s the next “cure” to be talked about ............... glyphosate 😆 better hide my totes now.
        Out of curiosity was that the "new" generic stuff the UFA was/is carrying?
        We had a bit of a lice issue this winter for the first time in forever as did one of my purebred guys.
        Thats the only change we had made and have been suspicious of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
          Out of curiosity was that the "new" generic stuff the UFA was/is carrying?
          We had a bit of a lice issue this winter for the first time in forever as did one of my purebred guys.
          Thats the only change we had made and have been suspicious of it.
          Yes it was from UFA although I can’t remember the maker of it. Very disappointed in it and probably should have run them through again but never got to it. Almost cleared up now .......... finally.

Have to find another option for next year. Our vet passed away unexpectedly last year and he was awesome so finding a new source of information could be challenging.

RIP Rick

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
            Yes it was from UFA although I can’t remember the maker of it. Very disappointed in it and probably should have run them through again but never got to it. Almost cleared up now .......... finally.

Have to find another option for next year. Our vet passed away unexpectedly last year and he was awesome so finding a new source of information could be challenging.

RIP Rick
            Interesting.
            Wondering if a test of my left over product is worth a lab test.
            was an article in Alberta Beef over the last few months on how the parasites are developing resistance to Ivermectin though.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
              Interesting.
              Wondering if a test of my left over product is worth a lab test.
              was an article in Alberta Beef over the last few months on how the parasites are developing resistance to Ivermectin though.
              Wouldn’t doubt it. Should rotate out to cylene or dectomax.

Comment

I treated the cows in Nov. with Ivomec and very disappointed with the results.

I treated the bulls in Dec. with Dectomax and very disappointed with the results.

Lice and viruses are becoming a nuisance.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post

I treated the bulls in Dec. with Dectomax and very disappointed with the results.

Lice and viruses are becoming a nuisance.
                  Yup treated the Bulls in the pasture in December and did them again along with backline I think the end of January ... ..very annoying to have 2 seasons with very poor results from ivomec....and I don't go light with these treatments

Comment

I've found disappointing results - like no effect at all -on lice. And more doesn't do it.

Might be good for internal parasites, don't know.

So I use Vetolice for lice and it seems to work very well.

Found Cylence to be very effective for controlling flies on later-born calves, like June or whenever the weather turns hot and muggy.. A dab of it and no more face flies, so no more sore eyes.

For some reason the flies seem to really cling to later-born calves around here. Seldom a problem on April-May calves.
                    Last edited by burnt; Apr 6, 2020, 16:22.

Comment

Lice and viruses are becoming a wice instead of once and you will get them.nuisance.
                      ivomec I think is weaker and lice are tougher.just squeeze the trigger t

Comment

Lice and viruses are becoming a wice instead of once and you will get them.nuisance.
                        ivomec I think is weaker and lice are tougher.just squeeze the trigger twice.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                          Ivermectin appears very safe for humans:

The FDA-approved Drug Ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro

Author links open overlay panelLeonCaly1Julian D.Druce1Mike G.Catton1David A.Jans2Kylie M.Wagstaff2
                          Show more
                          https://doi.org/10.1016/j.antiviral.2020.104787Get rights and content
                          Under a Creative Commons licenseopen access
                          Highlights
                          •
                          Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro.
                          And in-vivo?

Comment

Never really had a case of Ivermectin not working, although lots have around here. Two key points I make sure of is do them as late as possible before product starts freezing in the line, usually mid-November (so lice are fully active) and always give 3-4 times the dose. I blame under dosing for most people's lice problems (as do most vets). Have helped guys pour cows before and they are always fiddling with the dosage, trying to save a buck. Roughly I give a cow two gunfulls and a weaned calf one. Bulls get about 3 gunfulls.

Comment

Are those "label rates"? Or "libel rates"? Hehehe...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Are those "label rates"? Or "libel rates"? Hehehe...
                                Ivermectin...Here it was in April!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...