• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really cool chart!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really cool chart!

There are some cool charts out there, but this one is really cool. Will drop off the list here very quickly because there aren't a bunch of comments you can make, its just data. You can see Canada is just starting to flatten. This is encouraging!

Amazing how every country follows the exact same trajectory, however their actions affect when the curve drops.

But wow! USA.

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/ https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

Companion video

Comment

Sadly it becomes very clear that the world has a long way to go on this one.

Only South Korea has wrestled this thing down and has put out what most would be confident are reliable statistics

Comment

I've been watching that one too Brian - I hope you're right that we're peaking.

If you plot only Canada, Italy & South Korea, we all follow identical trajectories until we don't. I'm still afraid we may be following Italy. Its increasingly clear we are not following S. Korea.

I think we are following exactly the wrong protocols. We should be completely isolating the most vulnerable populations and the rest of us should be actively trying to get infected.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
          I think we are following exactly the wrong protocols. We should be completely isolating the most vulnerable populations and the rest of us should be actively trying to get infected.
          Sorry, no. I’m not going to go out and try and get infected just because I’m young and have no known underlying health concerns.

The one person I knew who died from swine flu was a 17 yr old who ended up having leukaemia and didn’t know it. I’ve heard similar stories coming out of the UK of 18 and 21 yr olds dying of covid, and fast, even though they had no known underlying health conditions.

I believe a large portion of the stats coming out of New York are middle aged and young adults who think they’re safe and end up hospitalized. They are taking space from those more vulnerable. Absolutely no part of flattening the curve involves go out and get infected and hope. This isn’t the chicken pox.

Comment

How can expect to flatten the curve like South Korea and China if we do not encourage masks for everyone?

Comment

I think your right big l if we all were masks if going out to get groceries even a cheap mask if can't get good ones is still better than nothing

Comment

Could probably add Taiwan to the list.
                Reliable reporting, low numbers and it look like the trend will hook lower.
                Only if the trendline hooks lower can one confidently say protocol is working.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                  How can expect to flatten the curve like South Korea and China if we do not encourage masks for everyone?
                  How do I get on the list.
                  I am self isolating big time....so ten masks would go a long way in my life.

I would rather look silly and alive than stupid and dead.

Comment

I would honestly like to contract this and "hopefully" survive and have immunity. But I am not that confident this virus wouldn't put me in the ground. So I will continue to mitigate as much risk as possible from getting it....and hope an effective vaccine is soon developed.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      I would honestly like to contract this and "hopefully" survive and have immunity. But I am not that confident this virus wouldn't put me in the ground. So I will continue to mitigate as much risk as possible from getting it....and hope an effective vaccine is soon developed.
                      There is some evidence that 14% are getting reinfected weeks after recovering. They are not sure how long immunity lasts.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Mar 31, 2020, 13:09.

Comment

About 14% are getting reinfected weeks after recovering. They are not sure how long immunity lasts.
                        Where are you getting that figure from? Last I saw, the decimal place was two digits to the left.

Comment

About 14% are getting reinfected weeks after recovering. They are not sure how long immunity lasts.
                          Seems soon to be mutating....unless it was "engineered" that way.

Maybe time to wrap myself in a protective layer of tinfoil.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            Where are you getting that figure from? Last I saw, the decimal place was two digits to the left.
                            https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/15/can-you-get-infected-by-coronavirus-twice-how-does-covid-19-immunity-work/#6aec202d5c0f https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/15/can-you-get-infected-by-coronavirus-twice-how-does-covid-19-immunity-work/#6aec202d5c0f
                            The February 14 article from*Caixin, a Beijing, China-based media group, that was entitled “14% of Recovered Covid-19 Patients in Guangdong Tested Positive Again.”*

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	65442895-A47D-436B-8178-EBB59BA1739F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	769558
                              Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Seems soon to be mutating....unless it was "engineered" that way.

Maybe time to wrap myself in a protective layer of tinfoil.
                              Im not pissin around with tim foil, lol!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.