• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snowbirds to much sun

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowbirds to much sun

Owner of Bigway Foods of Morris Manitoba (I-29 USA Hwy-75 Mb.) was on news stating, Snowbirds coming from the USA and are stopping at his store to buy groceries directly after crossing the USA- Canada border. These Snowbirds are ignoring the 14 day immediate self quarantine which states they must go directly home once they arrive back into Canada.

I guess maybe Canada should be employing troops at our border to explain to the stupid Canadians who are coming home from the USA what the 14 day self quarantine means.

Maybe it's to much sun, or some Canadians feel rules don't apply to them and how serious covid-19 is!

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    Owner of Bigway Foods of Morris Manitoba (I-29 USA Hwy-75 Mb.) was on news stating, Snowbirds coming from the USA and are stopping at his store to buy groceries directly after crossing the USA- Canada border. These Snowbirds are ignoring the 14 day immediate self quarantine which states they must go directly home once they arrive back into Canada.

I guess maybe Canada should be employing troops at our border to explain to the stupid Canadians who are coming home from the USA what the 14 day self quarantine means.

Maybe it's to much sun, or some Canadians feel rules don't apply to them and how serious covid-19 is!
    Our local pharmacy decided to impress upon people how serious social distancing is and the risks involved. The counter at the back as well as the checkout counter are completely closed off with poly. They have windows cutout and a clear see through plastic is taped to create windows to see through and boxes with doors are inserted at the counter for passing through your prescriptions.

You scan items your self and pay by tap or credit card. The pharmacist said as much as anything it was to shock people a bit into realizing this ain't no joke. Plus he said they would have to shutdown if someone in the store tested positive. Even though there are two other pharmacies in town wholesalers are restricting how much medication each pharmacy gets and if one shutdown, the town would have 2/3 of the available medication for customers.

Comment

i seriously doubt there are still any amount of snowbirds coming home ? two weeks ago maybe ?

Comment

I just love bullshit like this.

Canada is no special place.

No snow birds are left you jealous fool forage.

Most would pick up groceries on the USA side as they are way cheaper than canada.

Comment

You would be surprised there are a few still away, there were lots coming home last weekend.

some don't under self isolation very well. They just seem to go about their work cleaning seed etc. potentially exposing their families and those working with them which can then spread it through their communities.

Comment

Who do I see in a day? Me and my dog so who am I hurting. Me and my dog.

Comment

Every snowbird that I know is taking it really seriously. When I take stuff over, it is left on the step.

Comment

Yes all I know from Regina are staying home for the two weeks and have family drop off food or services are delivering.

Yea one here or there and the snoopy haters complain

Comment

Case

The interview with the owner of Bigway Foods was on Global TV. I seriously don't believe he would make this shit up. Go ahead and call the owner if you think I'm B.Sing, I gave you the name of the store and the location. Didn't you just get back from holiday?

Hmmmmmm!

Sk3

You had to be one of those stupid Snowbirds I mentioned, that's why it touched a nerve with you. Maybe it wasn't Morris Mb. in you case SK3 ,but you did go shopping somewhere in Regina before self quarantining for 14 days once back in CANADA. But of coarse rules don't apply to the Golden Spoon Boy!

Just admit it, you got caught on Agriville and now you have to make a bunch of noise.

Comment

Case

The interview with the owner of Bigway Foods was on Global TV. I seriously don't believe he would make this shit up. Go ahead and call the owner if you think I'm B.Sing, I gave you the name of the store and the location. Didn't you just get back from holiday?

Hmmmmmm!

Sk3

You had to be one of those stupid Snowbirds I mentioned, that's why it touched a nerve with you. Maybe it wasn't Morris Mb. in you case SK3 ,but you did go shopping somewhere in Regina before self quarantining for 14 days once back in CANADA. But of coarse rules don't apply to the Golden Spoon Boy!

Just admit it, you got caught on Agriville and now you have to make a bunch of noise.
                    hmmmm, Yea , and i have been in the house for two weeks ? Kids left car at airport full of gas and groceries. Came straight to house. Some of us can figure complicated shit out like this .
                    WTF is your problem ? Maybe you need a holiday ?
                    And sadly for guys like you , none of us that travel caught the virus , thats gotta be hardest part for people who begrudge someone a holiday
                    Some people just need to get out more
                    And i will gaurantee that there aint no bunch of snowbirds heading north right now , done long ago
                    Probably more cbc type drivel
                    Last edited by caseih; Mar 30, 2020, 23:11.

Comment

The question you really have to ask yourself is why in the hell would any snowbird not buy their groceries in the US at half the price , same with gas?
                      Thats what immediately came to mind for me

Comment

I was just told yesterday from a home hardware worker a snow bird came in for some home repair stuff so he had something to do during isolation.

Comment

Our border town is full of stories of returning snowbirds not respecting isolation. One couple stopped for gas and smokes at the c store before isolating. People put their shameful photo shopping on Facebook. Lots of snowbirds wandering around.

I had one clown kicked out of the local Credit Union. He was just back from Florida and was in trying to get his mobile bank app to work. I think there's more than oranges in the juice in the sun state.

Motorhomes towing little cars parked at the Co-op grocery store were seen more than once. So yes, it's happening.

Comment

Forage are you two. You jealous ****ing fool.

See guys like you that hate anyone who ventures out of their home town and explores.

You see most of us aren't dumb as you.

Minot has groceries stores and yes I purchased 400 us of food. The vehicle had everything we need for 14 days the same groceries in Regina 800. Dah.

Hit a nerve no stupidity like you posted needs to be shown as to how stupid it is.

See you are really going to be pissed, but most snowbirds aren't catching the disease. See its wash your hands, sneeze into your sleeve and don't pick your nose and eat it. Forage.

Why would anyone in the right mind buy gas in Canada?

The whole story is to make Canadians think its snowbirds when, in reality, its Chinese flights that never stopped and foreigners crossing the border that brought this.

Ah, I just love stupid haters.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              Forage are you two. You jealous ****ing fool.

See guys like you that hate anyone who ventures out of their home town and explores.

You see most of us aren't dumb as you.

Minot has groceries stores and yes I purchased 400 us of food. The vehicle had everything we need for 14 days the same groceries in Regina 800. Dah.

Hit a nerve no stupidity like you posted needs to be shown as to how stupid it is.

See you are really going to be pissed, but most snowbirds aren't catching the disease. See its wash your hands, sneeze into your sleeve and don't pick your nose and eat it. Forage.

Why would anyone in the right mind buy gas in Canada?

The whole story is to make Canadians think its snowbirds when, in reality, its Chinese flights that never stopped and foreigners crossing the border that brought this.

Ah, I just love stupid haters.
                              So, unless you just stayed in the Denali and ordered groceries curbside you stood the chance of exposing every person in that big store, likely on the corner of Hwy 2 and Broadway, to Covid. You didn't stop in a Canadian border town on the way home, instead chose a US one. No different than the snowbirds in the Morris story. You just chose to expose Americans.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.