• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-vid 19Cov And Agriculture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-vid 19Cov And Agriculture

What everyone seeing ahead of the planting season? Effect on servicing computer driven machinery and crop inputs. Has anyone been contacting their service providers Local elevator has activated protocols and some staff are at home self isolating after travelling out of the country.

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    What everyone seeing ahead of the planting season? Effect on servicing computer driven machinery and crop inputs. Has anyone been contacting their service providers Local elevator has activated protocols and some staff are at home self isolating after travelling out of the country.
    Some of the equipment dealers are sending as many techs out on the road as they have service trucks, everybody else stays home. Shop is closed. If you don’t have parts books or online access get it now, you’re going to have to order your parts by phone or email and pick them up outside.

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
      Some of the equipment dealers are sending as many techs out on the road as they have service trucks, everybody else stays home. Shop is closed. If you don’t have parts books or online access get it now, you’re going to have to order your parts by phone or email and pick them up outside.
      I can only imagine how bad it is in the U.S. with twice the infections. What will be our supply chain for parts that come from there.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        I can only imagine how bad it is in the U.S. with twice the infections. What will be our supply chain for parts that come from there.
        Tricky. I’m glad I mostly depend on the parts machines in the fence line. Picked up what should be enough wear parts for the spring already

Comment

Rebuilding tractor transmission right now. Agco parts distribution speed out of Bavaria warehouse a day or so slower than normal. One part not in North America. Would get on regular shipment from UK in 4 weeks. Not good enough, so did a unit down order with dealer, part be in Manitoba in 4 days.

So stuff still moves around, just slower in most cases.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...