• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bales

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheepwheat, or anyone else, do you have/know of anyone who has hay/greenfeed for sale? Feel free to message me, or my email is good zeefarmer(AT)hotmail.com.

I’m sure I could find guys who’re interested. Couple years ago I helped haul greenfeed from Yorkton area to SW of Maple Creek. One local guy late this winter brought a couple loads of hay in from the Interlake to make it through.

Even though guys will either sell cows or get innovative, feed will be expensive HERE, as by the time it’s trucked in, it will add up to $$$. Barley is 10c/lb already.
    Last edited by zeefarmer; Jul 12, 2018, 11:12.

Comment

Crazy amount of hay here! Just to far from anyone that needs it.

Comment

[QUOTE=zeefarmer;383334]Sheepwheat, or anyone else, do you have/know of anyone who has hay/greenfeed for sale? Feel free to message me, or my email is good zeefarmer(AT)hotmail.com.

I’m sure I could find guys who’re interested. Couple years ago I helped haul greenfeed from Yorkton area to SW of Maple Creek. One local guy late this winter brought a couple loads of hay in from the Interlake exto make it through.

Even though guys will either sell cows or get innovative, feed will be expensive HERE, as by the time it’s trucked in, it will add up to $$$. Barley is 10c/lb already.[/QUOTE

I do not. In the next few years, I am seeding more land down. At some point, I hope to have a decent surplus, and maybe be able to sell. Not helpful now, but it is good to know there are guys on here that one could hook up with and do some business that way. With our expanding flock, we are always seeming to be short on hay. Even with waist high alfalfa/orchard grass. It just never seems to be enough. Someday. And if I hear of someone with surplus, I will keep you in mind.

Comment

Saving grace could be cheaper feedgrains if you believe analysts. Just to get some sort of roughage.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            Crazy amount of hay here! Just to far from anyone that needs it.
            Are you mowing ditches? Seems like a shame to mulch that much grass otherwise.

Comment

Yes mowing C&D ditches that cross our land. Yes it is a shame that there isn't a livestock producer that could use it. That could save us lots of time and expense and waste.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                Saving grace could be cheaper feedgrains if you believe analysts. Just to get some sort of roughage.
                Bit of a waiting game - grains are going lower, peas and their screenings should be cheaper eventually but pellet/straights prices at the moment are trading the same price they were last winter with no seasonal dip in sight. Might be some canola silage around here eventually - can't see all these re-seeded crops making it to maturity.

Comment

Because I'm not in Crap Insurance and I really only ever done the economic analysis...does crop insurance fully cover a crop for yeild or quality loss if a reseeding benefit has been paid out? If I was told at one time, I don't remember the answer anymore. I assume any crop seeded after a reseeding benefit was received would have to be at least planted by the crop's seeding deadline if it is to be covered? Any special allowances made for reseeded crops?

Wiseguy.....lol

Edit:

Found it...

"Insurance may be purchased on the reseeded acres even if the crop was not previously selected. If the reseeded crop was previously selected, those acres will continue to be insured. To be eligible for insurance, reseeded crops must abide by SCIC’s seeding deadlines."
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 12, 2018, 23:14.

Comment

They extended the crop insurance deadlines here after the hail storm allowing guys to seed canola until the 25th June I believe. Is that wise if the basis of their usual June 1st deadline is agronomic on the chances of growing and harvesting a viable crop? The taxpayer is taking on a huge risk surely?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...