• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what did the government do......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what did the government do......

after the last tragic accident at the intersection where the Bronco bus crash happened to prevent it from happening again?

I get the lawsuit filed but ultimately what was known as a shitty intersection ....what was done to prevent another accident....

Did the cost outweigh the lives taken?

I am not defending anyone here and I have different opinions on the whole thing but ultimately something could have been done in the previous 20 years to prevent another accident....

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    after the last tragic accident at the intersection where the Bronco bus crash happened to prevent it from happening again?

I get the lawsuit filed but ultimately what was known as a shitty intersection ....what was done to prevent another accident....

Did the cost outweigh the lives taken?

I am not defending anyone here and I have different opinions on the whole thing but ultimately something could have been done in the previous 20 years to prevent another accident....
    There are lots of roads and intersections in this province that are not perfect. The province in no way can afford to make everything perfectly safe. It’s the responsibility of every driver on the road to obey traffic laws and signage . It’s that simple.
    It’s people ..... not roads or intersections.
    You can’t fix ignorance.... at any cost.
    IMO ... just jack up the fines for the people being stupid ... it is what it is

Comment

This idea that the police should be reactive instead of proactive is part of the problem.I asked a detachment CO if "it was not better to spend 20 minutes writing a traffic ticket or hours writing an accident report" and I got no answer..I can drive from here to the Ont. border and never see a police car but cross into Ont. and in the distance from the border to Kenora you will at least one if not more patrol cars.

Comment

I could not believe police are just being trained now to be abĺe to identify drug impaired drivers.As if cause it was not legal so it is not a problem.

Comment

gee bucket, do we need to start erecting STOP signs that are 20' in diameter??? WTH

There was a STOP sign there, with, as I understand, flashing lights! Prior to that, I would expect and I would hope there was a STOP AHEAD sign.

Above all that, there was an obstructed view, which in most every other drivers mind, would cause you to be even more careful and slow down to stop, because of the obstructed view.

The whole basis of safe driving, is to notice, read, understand and respond to the traffic instructions of the road side signs.

Part of the whole distracted driving thought is to stop you from drifting out of your lane, but also to keep you from missing an instructive traffic sign.

I believe the accusation against the driver is that he didn't STOP at the sign.

1) Was it mechanical, was he trying to stop?

2) Was he distracted by something he was doing in the cab of the truck? Was he on his phone? could a duck just have shattered his windshield?

3) Was there an impairment, from drugs or alcohol?

4) Did he intentionally drive through the STOP sign? I don't care what his reason could have been.

How many intersections of this traffic level are there in Sask?
          Last edited by beaverdam; Jul 11, 2018, 12:15.

Comment

Sadly you can’t fix stupid
            Just drive HWY 4 from NB to Cochin anytime after 4 pm anytime in the summer . It full of stupid people .the HWY is just fine if tragic laws are followed .

Comment

They have done nothing except slow the traffic on highway 35 to 60 through the intersection for about two weeks after the crash. Then they removed the signs away and 35 went back to 100 for the next couple of months. Then for some reason yesterday they brought the 60 signs back out and have slowed down 35 at the intersection.
              There has not been anything done with the yard in the corner which has a bunch of dead trees that don't help with visibility.
              Last edited by seldomseen; Jul 11, 2018, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Sadly you can’t fix stupid
                Just drive HWY 4 from NB to Cochin anytime after 4 pm anytime in the summer . It full of stupid people .the HWY is just fine if tragic laws are followed .
                I like “tragic laws”. That road is full of idiots and the odd pissed up bugger. Hwy 17 north and south of Lloyd is thunderball alley too.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  I like “tragic laws”. That road is full of idiots and the odd pissed up bugger. Hwy 17 north and south of Lloyd is thunderball alley too.
                  Ahhhh , ya that be traffic lol

Comment

That yard with the trees, some one should sneak in with a chain saw and fix that problem, if the pr—— won’t do it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      That yard with the trees, some one should sneak in with a chain saw and fix that problem, if the pr—— won’t do it himself.
                      I say the yard needs to be completely removed. I would have to count but there must be a dozen yards for sale on the highway between Tisdale and Nipawin. Just pick one and move!!

Comment

There's been how many deaths and how many accidents there? Could
                        You imagine if another one happenned?

This isn't just a normal stop the cargil to
                        North railway short ways to north. Lots going on. Yes he should have stopped but the bus driver would have had time to react a lot quicker if no trees also.

But what are they doing to get these losers off the road that aren't qualified?
                        How many semi accidents causing death since that one. Way too many. It was a free for all self regulation doesn't work on issues of public safety. A lot
                        More should have been sued by the families.

Comment

A couple of Mexican speed bumps on the east/west highway would slow down everyone. No going fast over those things.

Comment

no it's all bullshit. furrow has it right . drivers need to wake up . how many accidents has there been at wakaw ? melfort ? anything been done there ? it's got nothing to do with yard ? put the phone away , that'll help?

Comment

So your kid is on the next bus and yes an idiot is barrelling down the road going across and you don't think it would be better if he bus driver has a chance?
                              No this should
                              Have been done a long long time ago given all the reports people have said of accidents there. In fact there was a roll over the day before at the tracks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.