• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Right to Own Land

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    With all due respect Klause....that is a delusional statement. No one is safe anywhere. Through out the history of mankind there are countless examples of the choice of being displaced or die.

"Tribal" barbarism is alive and well even today and "civilization" is quick to fall off it's moral high horse.

Canada is still one of the best places you could raise Junior....even with all its worts.

I'm simply restating what I've read in investment magazines.

It is a known "quirk" of the Canadian system.

You've seen above... Without this right government decides or can decide what you can or can't do.

(Think drainage, land clearing, gravel extraction, topsoil removal or building a bunch of houses on your land)

Darcy and I don't plan on raising Kurtis in any one country..

We're just very fortunate to have this option come to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
      Ok gotcha now, yes property rights are not part of the Canadian constitution, the provinces have authority over their own property rights/laws.

In BC, for example, there is no such thing as expropriation WITHOUT compensation (compensation is mandatory). I am surprised other provinces can expropriate without compensation.
      There's no province with a law guaranteeing rights to land. As someone above said it would violate section 35

Comment

Again, with all due respect, and you appear to be a smart fellow. But I would grow some roots and try to establish yourself in one spot instead of chasing rainbows. Rainbows fade away. There is a reason both established people and unestablished people come to Canada...yes some come for the right reasons, one is opportunity.

The grass may appear greener on the other side of the fence, in fact it just might be. But it may also be harder to mow.

Weigh the pros and cons, focus on the positive not the negative(Maybe I should heed my own advice).

Don't take for granted you live where many others only wish they could. I'm not for a minute saying it's easy or everything is perfect in Canada but the list of places better or equal is likely shorter than the alternative.

Good luck Klaus and take care.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Again, with all due respect, and you appear to be a smart fellow. But I would grow some roots and try to establish yourself in one spot instead of chasing rainbows. Rainbows fade away. There is a reason both established people and unestablished people come to Canada...yes some come for the right reasons, one is opportunity.

The grass may appear greener on the other side of the fence, in fact it just might be. But it may also be harder to mow.

Weigh the pros and cons, focus on the positive not the negative(Maybe I should heed my own advice).

Don't take for granted you live where many others only wish they could. I'm not for a minute saying it's easy or everything is perfect in Canada but the list of places better or equal is likely shorter than the alternative.

Good luck Klaus and take care.

I think you look at life mostly from a farming in Canada perspective...

I look at life from a much different viewpoint. I have opportunities to be involved in projects both in the ag world and out of it... And some of these take me to other continents.

I.E. in a few weeks I'll be in Johannesburg...

Different goals in life and different experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
            I think you look at life mostly from a farming in Canada perspective...

I look at life from a much different viewpoint. I have opportunities to be involved in projects both in the ag world and out of it... And some of these take me to other continents.

I.E. in a few weeks I'll be in Johannesburg...

Different goals in life and different experiences.

Yes you are right about me looking at life through farming glasses. I am NOT worldly at all! But I am satisfied with my lot in life...hard not to be given the circumstances, I'll leave it at that.

Nothing wrong with you exploring other opportunities outside of Ag. Too many are lulled into the romantic notion of it and those days are over...its a tough business and not for the faint of heart or anyone who knows better....don't be a Farmaholic if you know it's affecting your life in a negative way....it can be like an addiction....its ok to quit. Retired people and those who exited early have all said there is life after farming.

It's a stoopid business where sometimes it doesn't matter how passionate you are, how hard you work or how great an effort you make....lots can go wrong and too much is out of our control.

Comment

Opportunities and experience i sure never had. Go for it Klause.
              Half the battle is not living in a rut.

Comment

We own it until the government says otherwise.

Climate Barbie removes a property owner's right to his land because of a frog that is "Threatened".

Expropriation without compensation.

Climate Barbie also overrode the Province's permission in this case.

The enviros are giddy...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-court-approves-protection-of-frog-species-on-private-land-saying/?cmpid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-court-approves-protection-of-frog-species-on-private-land-saying/?cmpid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                  We own it until the government says otherwise.

Climate Barbie removes a property owner's right to his land because of a frog that is "Threatened".

Expropriation without compensation.

Climate Barbie also overrode the Province's permission in this case.

The enviros are giddy...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-court-approves-protection-of-frog-species-on-private-land-saying/?cmpid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-court-approves-protection-of-frog-species-on-private-land-saying/?cmpid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
                  Simply a elaborate cover to end private land ownership as per the UN agenda . And no I am not wrong .

Comment

Klause, you know lots about computers and Argentina. You might want to consider that there are farmers who have farming in Canada figured out a little better than you do. Cause I can tell you it is not doom and gloom on this operation. There are good opportunities here to make money farming. Just takes a some years to figure it out.

I would recommend pursuing the opportunities that make the most sense for your family and finances. I would not recommend trying to do a bunch of different businesses. Do what you do best scale it up and stick to it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...