• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Saskatchewan hiway fatality

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Saskatchewan hiway fatality

One women dead and husband critically injured when a truck and tractor collide. https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/wife-killed-husband-injured-after-tractor-and-semi-crash-on-hwy-16-1.4005726#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=Y8I7g4E https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/wife-killed-husband-injured-after-tractor-and-semi-crash-on-hwy-16-1.4005726#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=Y8I7g4E

Rite or wrong another semi involved.😞

Comment

With all the focus and attention to farm safety....this "demonstration" of support of dairy seems irresponsible and heaven forbid I say foolish.

Tractors only have one "permanent" operator's seat on the operating station...the buddy seat is supposed to be used sparingly. Where were both people seated?

Every time we have to drive the mile of short distance on the highway I cringe. Large slow moving equipment...with flashing lights AND signal lights THAT WORK. But the motoring public doesn't heed them. We can be coming to an approach and signal to turn left across the oncoming traffic and some impatient fool doesn't have the patience to wait for us to turn or they have trouble sitting patiently while I wait for the incoming traffic to pass before I can make the turn. It can be a gongshow. Scary at times.

Ultimately a sad and unfortunate situation....but preventable.

Any "fault" laid yet?....not that it changes the outcome but hopefully prevent it from happening again.

Anyone who learns to drive in agricultural provinces should be subjected to a chapter in the driver's handbook about what to watch for, what to expect and how to navigate around farm equipment. Just like everyone should have to spend a week in a highway tractor trailer unit to get an understanding and respect for them!

Education sometimes can't fix a lack of common sense.

Comment

Apparently they finally laid charges in the gravel truck that rearended a school buss by thorhill killing a girl back in march and surprise its another dagoo something or other, are the RCs finally getting their sh-it together or is public opinion getting to them .

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
          Apparently they finally laid charges in the gravel truck that rearended a school buss by thorhill killing a girl back in march and surprise its another dagoo something or other, are the RCs finally getting their sh-it together or is public opinion getting to them .
          Gotta wonder. Some of those folks in the gravel haul are suicide jockeys. Not to be prejudice against anyone in the gravel haul but quite frankly they all go too fast. Then throw in some of those folks in the mix and their regard for traffic laws and human life seems to be even less. Think the biggest mistake is autoshift transmissions because it allows even lower skilled operators into the business not to mention sham driving schools.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            With all the focus and attention to farm safety....this "demonstration" of support of dairy seems irresponsible and heaven forbid I say foolish.

Tractors only have one "permanent" operator's seat on the operating station...the buddy seat is supposed to be used sparingly. Where were both people seated?

Every time we have to drive the mile of short distance on the highway I cringe. Large slow moving equipment...with flashing lights AND signal lights THAT WORK. But the motoring public doesn't heed them. We can be coming to an approach and signal to turn left across the oncoming traffic and some impatient fool doesn't have the patience to wait for us to turn or they have trouble sitting patiently while I wait for the incoming traffic to pass before I can make the turn. It can be a gongshow. Scary at times.

Ultimately a sad and unfortunate situation....but preventable.

Any "fault" laid yet?....not that it changes the outcome but hopefully prevent it from happening again.

Anyone who learns to drive in agricultural provinces should be subjected to a chapter in the driver's handbook about what to watch for, what to expect and how to navigate around farm equipment. Just like everyone should have to spend a week in a highway tractor trailer unit to get an understanding and respect for them!

Education sometimes can't fix a lack of common sense.
            Back when we owned a farm on a very busy highway, we had to turn left to cross the highway to bring stuff home - loaded wagons, trucks, equipment.

There was a fairly major intersection with a stop sign about 150' beyond the corner where we made the left turn.

It was unbelievable what idiot drivers would do to get around us to get to that stop sign about 3 seconds sooner. Especially on weekends when they HAD to get to the lake a bit quicker.

It was almost suicidal to turn left, but there was no alternative. It was one of the reasons we sold that property.

And about education? Someone said somewhere that some people are educated beyond their capacity to learn or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              Gotta wonder. Some of those folks in the gravel haul are suicide jockeys. Not to be prejudice against anyone in the gravel haul but quite frankly they all go too fast. Then throw in some of those folks in the mix and their regard for traffic laws and human life seems to be even less. Think the biggest mistake is autoshift transmissions because it allows even lower skilled operators into the business not to mention sham driving schools.

all too often, the guys hauling gravel do not have their canopies over the load. at 120km, it throws a lot of sand and other junk all over the hiway and vehicles. ...like being sandblasted...
              gravel haulers, slow down and pull your tarps!

Comment

Another terrible loss....sorry to learn about this accident.

Comment

What happened now?

Comment

In the early 70ties,I worked on a seismic crew in Quebec.Even at that time farm machinery was not allowed on multi lane highways. There was service roads along side that they had to use.Also there was no driving in the left hand lane except to pass and this rule was rigidly enforced.Even today this rule is the law.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.