• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

For the most part, Seeding is 98% done from Regina to the Valley and north. Last few fields are going in. The area hit last summer by the heavy rain and hail still has issues with ground really wet and, seeding is really tough.

Crops are coming up but very slow, and the Wind is creating a huge problem this year. Even with lots of trash, the wind is hurting little plants coming up. It's like being in a blast furnace for two weeks. 70 km plus winds are not good.

Spraying is also starting to get behind for some, as the wind that starts early in the day and goes almost all night seems to be there every day.

Most have got rock picking done, and lots rolled every field just in case we get snow in Sept again and push the nice crop flat. Makes harvesting a lot easier if its rolled.

Moisture isn't an issue yet, but again with the crazy winds, it will be needed very soon as the top is drying out fast.

Peas are up on most farms, and for some reason this year most fields are so clean its not even funny. Lentils are also up. The crop looks good but count your nodes as plants are short but might be approaching the spray time.

HRS and Durum are up on most farms or just poking out. The leaves are getting a run for there money with the wind. Nice rows but a few seeds still need to germinate that are in dry ground.

Barley most in our area seed it early and the frost didn't effect it this year. Fields are doing ok but will need rain soon to get it to the next level.

Oats are going in still or just coming out of the ground. Most seed it later.

Flax is up on most farms or just poking out of the ground. Nice catch on most fields.

Canola is having the most trouble this year. If you worked the field before seeding its struggling as the shallow seeded and dry top isn't working this year. Summer fallow fields are having issues with wind cutting off plants. Flea Beetles are coming for the early seeded, and spray might be an option. A good rain is needed very soon to get the crop off to the races.

Ground moisture is excellent, and crops established will do all right. Its the shallow seeded that need rain soon. Total moisture since snowmelt is 1.03 in.

So the only main thing affecting our area is that a good spring soaking rain is needed to get this crop off to a great start.

Be safe and tell about your area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	94E6B63A-734E-419B-A33B-53EF690BBDB3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	769776

Name:	C6E3C4E5-671A-4A81-9F78-0B4C02378584.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	769777

Name:	57EB3752-4146-4F56-BDE8-933A36194C70.jpg
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	769778

Name:	6B741B56-F224-4BC4-A478-9DD857F3C37C.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	769779

Comment

Name:	36CA7A54-1C7C-4AAC-AA24-14E01503EEBE.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	769780

So any liberal supporters who still believe the fairy child is not being run by someone behind the scenes watch his 30-second stare into the cameras as no communications to his ear piece from his coaches.

This is a ducking joke already.

Canada is screwed.

Oh, and where is BoBoo in all the shit show, still trying to not explain how the carbon tax hurt farmers or why a few have Aginvest accounts or yes Ag stab has payouts but maybe tell us how much they get back a year later. Please explain why only 30% of farmers take the useless program. Yes, believers think it works till they collect and have to pay it back then they realize it’s a shit show. Maybe BoBoo needs to get zero wage and then tell us all how great it is.

Oh, China is going to nail farmers and BoBoo will do nothing again.

Useless liberals from the top on down.

But here is cash for Actors.

**** me Canada is screwed.

Comment

Cash for Actors Bahahaha.... well I hope they turn out better than PM Peter Pan 😂😂

Comment

So for any of you liberals still out there, if you want to know how long you should wash your hands with soap and water. Just watch Trudeaus pause when asked a simple question.

That is the length of time you wash your hands.

Who said Trudeau wasn't useful.

Comment

Started raining overnight here, haven't read the gauge yet but there are puddles. This is much needed moisture. Some frost damage on my early barley, everything else seemed to weather the cold ok. Canaryseed looks really good this year it has gotten off to a good start even in some lighter land. Canola has been struggling a little bit from lack of moisture, lots of reseeding north of me due to flea beetles, 1000's of acres actually, and lots of spraying for beetles. My canola was a few days later and I couldn't find enough beetles to justify spraying and now this rain will fix that.

This government preaches anti discrimination and anti racism but yet practices some of the most blatant identity, gender and divisive politics there is. The hypocrisy is stomach turning, and as Forrest Gump said " That's all I have to say about that."

Comment

Here in Southern Mb, it's all over the map. We finished Tuesday and I know of one neighbor that is done too, but I'd say a lot of guys will finish this week.
              Still some 2019 combining happening around here and burning off unharvested fields.
              Field conditions have improved greatly in the last week but still felt a bit like traveling over a thin crust on a bowl of pudding out here.
              The guys that have been hammering their fields with jokers and "pro" tills are looking for rain.

Comment

got done on may 26th , followed by a nice 1/2" rain . had one of the nicest falls and springs ever , definetely gonna have to pay this back . never this easy here for very long . crops looking good except the flea beatles are chewing the hear hi acid canola bad , not touching the P501-L or nexera 1026 at all , every bag had helix vibrance and lumiderm on it , all 3 varieties ? wind has been brutal since november . really don't know how you "southerners" take it all the time . wind has taken a lot of water away from us

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	769781

Stone picking day, rain is north of us today.

Comment

I couldn't find enough beetles to justify spraying and now this rain will fix that.

1/2" of rain = a insecticide pass, FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      ................wind has been brutal since november . really don't know how you "southerners" take it all the time . wind has taken a lot of water away from us
                      ........alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        Wind doing damage to roofs !

Need a rain to germinate all canola !

Justine is still a moron !
                        wheres that at ?

Comment

I’m ****ing sick of the wind. Done hats my rant today.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            I’m ****ing sick of the wind. Done hats my rant today.
                            Hats bloody well have a right to rant on a day like this.

Comment

If this wind keeps up I may have to either use roofing nails or pop rivet my hat on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...