• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rented vs Owned Propane Tank

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may well be weeks away from a lease or purchase tank. There are none. And if you got a used dryer, the gas inspector guy said they need a inspection before a permit issue, and some of them can’t be passed. My new dryer also needed inspection and permit fees were north of $1200.
    Getting setup and drying grain is not a quick or inexpensive thing in Sask anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
      You may well be weeks away from a lease or purchase tank. There are none. And if you got a used dryer, the gas inspector guy said they need a inspection before a permit issue, and some of them can’t be passed. My new dryer also needed inspection and permit fees were north of $1200.
      Getting setup and drying grain is not a quick or inexpensive thing in Sask anyway.
      I guess Alberta is the Wild West......... no permit or inspections for propane grain dryers here at least for us so far. The first time we set up our ancient MC dryer the propane guy helped us switch it from natural gas to propane. Nothing is more sketchy than a couple million btu burner only a foot from flammable grain hooked to a 2,000 gallon tank.......... what could possibly go wrong???🔥

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses. I am finding out more hoops I need to jump through every day. Last one was a permit just to buy a new tank and set it on site. Man this reminds me of when the NDP were in charge. Lots of work for civil servants.

Comment

It sounds like Federated Coop still is providing a poor service in the Melfort and Yorkton districts.

Bringing in drivers/trucks from Saskatoon due to lower demand there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...