• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we be done?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldrush in the slum of the ghetto lol.

Comment

Farmaholic.

Are you satisfied with the Enbridge reclamation work? Suspect if it is "slum" land then it does not have that twelve feet of topsoil to play with on the plains. Only ghetto homes destroyed were gopher inhabitants!(ha!)
      Did you hear if any of the corridor providers gave Enbridge the right for it to do what it needed to install, repair, protect their line, but refused to enter into an easement with them?

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
        Farmaholic.

Are you satisfied with the Enbridge reclamation work? Suspect if it is "slum" land then it does not have that twelve feet of topsoil to play with on the plains. Only ghetto homes destroyed were gopher inhabitants!(ha!)
        Did you hear if any of the corridor providers gave Enbridge the right for it to do what it needed to install, repair, protect their line, but refused to enter into an easement with them?
        They are not done yet, I hope they get it closed up this fall thats their goal.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          They are not done yet, I hope they get it closed up this fall thats their goal.
          Yes closed up is their goal but I don't think the topsoil will be put back in place this year anymore.

Checking, there is definitely an affect from the construction. Usually harder and drier.... first place snow melts off and always seems harder and drier. And no, the Slum of the Ghetto measures topsoil in inches(don't ask about eroded knolls)... not feet!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Yes closed up is their goal but I don't think the topsoil will be put back in place this year anymore.

Checking, there is definitely an affect from the construction. Usually harder and drier.... first place snow melts off and always seems harder and drier. And no, the Slum of the Ghetto measures topsoil in inches(don't ask about eroded knolls)... not feet!
            Agree with you on that. Any time as much as a fuel gas tie in from well to well it’s a years long thing before the land gets back to normal but it comes back. Clay soil is finicky that way. Honestly I hate pipelines cause they only pay once and they’re a pain in the ass for a generation or two. An oil lease what you see is what you get and you’re paid yearly. Pipelines you’re paid once and you live with the liability and inconvenience of not being able to build or dig close to them. Come to my place and try digging a hole for rocks. Even a deep post hole. Not blaming oil companies but utilities as well. Phone lines were plowed in with a 44 massey. And they went anywhere they damn well pleased. Lines have been cut so many times cause no one knows where half of them are. I’ll give credit to Husky for making an effort to properly abandon all the old flow lines. They’ve been unused for 30 years and no threat but are still considered a pipeline until properly decommissioned.

Comment

farma, just wondering what the width of the easement was?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                Well I looked back and maybe would of had the two wheat done that’s it nothing has moved in a week or more heree
                we coulda done more if we were young and dumb and full of xxxx, just can't put the hours in anymore can't get enough help
                scared of too much tough canola around
                always think weather will improve

Comment

We have harvested basically every day we could since about Aug.20. We are about half done. Every bushel that has come off has needed the help of the dryer to make it dry. Some really close, but this year not close enough. So if a person has harvested when they thought was good, and still has no dry grain, is it their fault, or is the weather system just fkd. I consider ourselves lucky, as if you go ten miles north there starts to be farms that have not taken a bushel off.
                  I was wondering about the crop insurance bill. If you have unseeded acres, do they not apply that to your bill? I think if you cannot harvest and think you will have a claim, why can’t you apply that payment to your bill. If the claim is because you couldn’t harvest they will have to wait, just like you had to pay your bill five months early with the spring claim, they can wait until it’s finalized.

Comment

I don't question anyone's harvest progress...just mine. I was thinking out loud(in text). We are small potatoes and if we had done what some others have been doing....we would be long done and probably could have done more!

My hat goes off to the efforts people are making in putting the 2018 crop in the bin...the weather has been BRUTAL in some areas.

You will deserve a reward that won't be forthcoming! Instead... higher fert prices, stupid parts prices, possible collapsing feed grain prices, etc etc etc....

Pat yourselves on the back...who said "if you're doing all you can do that's all you can do"!

Comment

We started combining on August 13 and because we had aeration in every bin, we were stopped waiting a few times but pretty much went full-tilt until finishing tough, knda immature Canola September 9. Finito-Benito! Glad we don’t have anymore acres. 🐎 First year ever we had ripe undesiccated lentils in 97 days and straight-cut durum right after. We tend to be impatient and lots of combining was done at 17-20% moisture, all sent to aeration but all our harvesting was tough, now come to think of it. Mother Nature needed a little help, glad there were lots of good aerating days in August. We were shooting for finish by labour day, awe next year.

Comment

Now, October will be balmy when Ontario sends their 20 degree weather here and the North will get er in, that’s my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Now, October will be balmy when Ontario sends their 20 degree weather here and the North will get er in, that’s my prediction.
                          The only hot air we get from Ontario comes from Ottawa....not the crop drying type either!

Comment

Someone needs to adjust their meds. I need more vodka.

Comment

It’s 23 degrees in Toronto last I looked.

Comment

aeration in every bin.
                                Do you have a big enough power service to run fans on all the bins at the same time? If most of the grain came off at 17-20% the fans need to run a long time on each bin.

I am working myself towards more bins with aeration, but limited in power. Trying to future plan a little.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.