• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is something that doesn't happen in Canada....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is something that doesn't happen in Canada....

Thanks to our market whisperers that promoted the open market to Yerry Ritz .....here is one simple example of a no brainer part of the open market that exists in the states....its called transparency....

""""WASHINGTON, Oct 9, 2018–Private exporters reported to the U.S. Department of Agriculture export sales of 120,000 metric tons of hard red spring wheat for delivery to Bangladesh during the 2018/2019 marketing year."""

You guys ever see that in canada ?????

This is market related ...imagine that.

Maybe one member of the WCWGA could comment on why this wasn't part of the open market in 2012 or since ...when talking to Gerry on a regular basis....Maybe now that Yerry is out of politics he could explain his incompetence?????
    Last edited by bucket; Oct 9, 2018, 09:21.

I'm not a member of WCWGA and I can't explain why it never happened. I can tell you it was called for, recommended, almost demanded. I think at the same time some were calling for export prices to be reported when a sale was made - and argued that they did it in the US. (They don't.) My guess is that the requests got conflated and there was serious pushback on reporting prices (by the trade) and so reporting of sales got lost in the shuffle.

We should push again - it makes perfect sense.
    - exporters could report all sales of major crops to Ag Cda when they are made - report whether old crop or new crop (as they do in the US)
    - Ag Cda could publish aggregated sales on a weekly basis (as they do in the US)
    - any large sale could be reported and published on the day the sale is made (in the US the threshold is 100,000 tonnes - in Canada it could be smaller)

Comment

You must be looking for another government grant to make that happen?????

Comment

LOL
        No "consulting" work needed. (not interested anyway - already made the argument)
        All the feds need to do is make the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by jdepape View Post
          I'm not a member of WCWGA and I can't explain why it never happened. I can tell you it was called for, recommended, almost demanded. I think at the same time some were calling for export prices to be reported when a sale was made - and argued that they did it in the US. (They don't.) My guess is that the requests got conflated and there was serious pushback on reporting prices (by the trade) and so reporting of sales got lost in the shuffle.

We should push again - it makes perfect sense.
          - exporters could report all sales of major crops to Ag Cda when they are made - report whether old crop or new crop (as they do in the US)
          - Ag Cda could publish aggregated sales on a weekly basis (as they do in the US)
          - any large sale could be reported and published on the day the sale is made (in the US the threshold is 100,000 tonnes - in Canada it could be smaller)
          In the states every sale is reported by weeks end....and international tender prices are reported in a range and after award of the tender and who can't fulfil it...

Comment

LOL
            No "consulting" work needed. (not interested anyway - already made a million)
            All the feds need to do is make the decision.

No one is pushing for it from any farm group and the families don't want the tea ****ed up...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              In the states every sale is reported by weeks end....and international tender prices are reported in a range and after award of the tender and who can't fulfil it...
              individual sales are not reported - even by weeks end. Its all sales in aggregate (the total of all sales) that is reported - including the big ones reported on the day they are made.
              And yes, winning tender prices are reported - by the buyer. Not every trade but good info nonetheless.

Also - destinations are reported but not individual buyers.

Canadian exports are reported after being executed/shipped. Of marginal use when it comes to market analysis. To know when the sale has been made is much better info.

Comment

individual sales are not reported - even by weeks end. Its all sales in aggregate (the total of all sales) that is reported - including the big ones reported on the day they are made.
                And yes, winning tender prices are reported - by the buyer. Not every trade but good info nonetheless.

Also - destinations are reported but not individual buyers.

Canadian exports are reported after being executed/shipped. Of marginal use when it comes to market analysis. To know when the sale has been made is much better info.

Bottom line is something is reported for today and into the future in the states....

In Canada there is nothing and that should have been implemented before the open market. ...

Cargill knows how it is done ....not sure that it would have been a big ask of any grainco....it helps them buy grain into the next crop year as well....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Bottom line is something is reported for today and into the future in the states....

In Canada there is nothing and that should have been implemented before the open market. ...

Cargill knows how it is done ....not sure that it would have been a big ask of any grainco....it helps them buy grain into the next crop year as well....
                  so we agree...
                  #newexperience

Comment

Still leaves a few people to explain their incompetence while they were beating their chests on August 1, 2012

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.