• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macdon M150 Light issues.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmaholic,yes, my fuse panel is covered in dielectric grease.
    I have thought of the ventilation angle as well. It wouldn't even need to be air conditioned. Although that would dry the air.
    I hope your bad ground fixes the problem but my experience says it will make no difference to the main problem.
    The diagrams you posted look like the same song and dance I was given. Changing those 20amp to 30 made absolutely no difference.
    With that cover off I swathed some nights this fall with the temperature in the mid 20's without a single problem.
    In similar conditions, with the cover on, it would have kicked out in less then 10 mins.

Comment

I'm having light issues with my Macdon M155 swather. Quite similar to what you folks have been describing.

Our dealer is suggesting a new wire harness, which is fine if it solves the problem. Did you folks ever resolve you light issue?

Comment

Hey Buzzard. We needed a couple of things done tonour M150. The cab display unit needed replacing and that damn light issue. They replaced the light switch and I beleive thats all to resolve the circuit breaker tripping issue. The "apprentice" did some night swathing and it never tripped on him once. Although I think the circuit still gets fairly warm. I would have to take a closer look at the old work order for more details.

Engineers should build in extra capacity not "just enough".

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
          Farmaholic,yes, my fuse panel is covered in dielectric grease.
          I have thought of the ventilation angle as well. It wouldn't even need to be air conditioned. Although that would dry the air.
          I hope your bad ground fixes the problem but my experience says it will make no difference to the main problem.
          The diagrams you posted look like the same song and dance I was given. Changing those 20amp to 30 made absolutely no difference.
          With that cover off I swathed some nights this fall with the temperature in the mid 20's without a single problem.
          In similar conditions, with the cover on, it would have kicked out in less then 10 mins.
          could you imagine the safety recall if this was in a vehicle ?? farmers just don't matter

Comment

When they say something is engineered it is design to be as thin, light or on the verge of failing but most times won't. With very little margin for error.

Frickin engineers

Comment

Thanks for the information.... I really don't think the new wire harness is going to do the trick....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.