• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CEBA loan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t get the controversy on Agriville over this loan program but it seems to be a raw nerve. Take the loan don’t take the loan it really doesn’t matter, it is a $40,000 loan where you pay back $30,000. I really doubt the government has mass audits planned if you pay it back. I assume most Canadian members on this board farm 2000 acres or more so you are grossing $750,000 plus. This program is really insignificant either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
      most Canadian members on this board farm 2000 acres or more so you are grossing $750,000 plus.
      Wouldn't that be something else... 750K gross on 2000ac. If you pull half that on those acres I figure you're doing WELL "around here".

Comment

And behind a little here.

Comment

Really? You don’t think a 2000 acre farm grosses $375 an acre? 36 canola and 53 wheat? Half would be 18 canola and 26.5 wheat. Even the ghetto of the ghetto is not that bad. I don’t mean to sound condescending or be a jerk, I am genuinely surprised that is a figure people would disagree with.
          Last edited by Grahamp; Oct 28, 2020, 18:48.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            And behind a little here.
            here too

Comment

Timely rains can double the gross income in a hurry.
              Lack of.. can cut in half.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                Wouldn't that be something else... 750K gross on 2000ac. If you pull half that on those acres I figure you're doing WELL "around here".
                Maybe you are thinking net. I think that number is a little low for gross.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                  Maybe you are thinking net. I think that number is a little low for gross.
                  I wanna farm where you're farming.

Comment

Really? You don’t think a 2000 acre farm grosses $375 an acre? 36 canola and 53 wheat? Half would be 18 canola and 26.5 wheat. Even the ghetto of the ghetto is not that bad. I don’t mean to sound condescending or be a jerk, I am genuinely surprised that is a figure people would disagree with.
                    I'm not disagreeing that most do. 375/ac is an "all the stars align" kind of year in the special areas. I was simply saying, it sure would be neat to be able to reliably gross 375 an acre. We're alot closer to 200/ac here. And it can certainly be considerably less!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                      I'm not disagreeing that most do. 375/ac is an "all the stars align" kind of year in the special areas. I was simply saying, it sure would be neat to be able to reliably gross 375 an acre. We're alot closer to 200/ac here. And it can certainly be considerably less!
                      Well that's a bit of a wakeup call for me. I budget for an average net of 200/ac. Maybe rocks and clay do have a place in ag.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                        Well that's a bit of a wakeup call for me. I budget for an average net of 200/ac. Maybe rocks and clay do have a place in ag.
                        Fully realize there are differences in areas but with the advances that have been made with direct seeding and crop inputs the gap has narrowed in the last 20yrs. I would think more areas would be closer in numbers to me than to Helmsdale's area (and I don't know how you do it Helmsdale)

With current prices all crop options here would gross easily over $500/ac this year, but 2000 acres would be above average acres due to limitations on growing season and pressure and pricing of land. When it comes to net just depends what is included for expenses in the calculation to compare. Bottomline is we are profitable this year, and that's a good thing. I do question the constant comments asking for government bailouts, this is not the year to ask, there will be years the numbers dont look so rosy.

Comment

That’s irrelevant, what’s the net ?
                          $375 is meaningless if costs are $350 plus
                          I know guys pushing $400

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                            Fully realize there are differences in areas but with the advances that have been made with direct seeding and crop inputs the gap has narrowed in the last 20yrs. I would think more areas would be closer in numbers to me than to Helmsdale's area (and I don't know how you do it Helmsdale)

With current prices all crop options here would gross easily over $500/ac this year, but 2000 acres would be above average acres due to limitations on growing season and pressure and pricing of land. When it comes to net just depends what is included for expenses in the calculation to compare. Bottomline is we are profitable this year, and that's a good thing. I do question the constant comments asking for government bailouts, this is not the year to ask, there will be years the numbers dont look so rosy.
                            Glad you were in an area with no hail , frost , drought or whatever. That’s a good thing . But a lot were not . Just keep that in perspective

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post

Speak for yourself. Our area has been bombed with shit weather multiple years. The programs don’t work. Prior to that we had good and rhe area next was not good, each time the cycle hits in a bad way good farmers end up done selling out fcc and rhe likes that are supposed to understand only understand if your too big to fail or too stupid to farm they give you a loan to keep going even buy rhe other careful guys out. The programs fail. Nobody cares because someone else who is rhe fcc favourite keeps on going.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                That’s irrelevant, what’s the net ?
                                $375 is meaningless if costs are $350 plus
                                I know guys pushing $400
                                Agreed but I wasn’t talking about farm profitability. I was simply making the point I was surprised the CEBA loan topic has been so contentious with it being such a small amount relative to the gross on the average farm in Saskatchewan. I think there has been more discussion on it than with CCGA advances going from 400k to 1 million.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...