• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 1992 jd 4760

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle guys have a hell of a time with DEF tanks in the winter...heard of some breaking ...codes all the time etc....

Why cant people understand less is more....just give me a MFWD without bells and whistles ...a good seat and let me do my chores....

FFS every cattle guy's tractor should come with an factory installed engine heater rather than half the shit they put on the now....

Comment

Hey it’s a chance to relive our youth. Should have bought one back then. Not going miss this opportunity some would say

Comment

Interesting and odd at the same time. What does everyone think about a machine sitting like that for that long. Just thinking about the seals getting hard and dry. Assuming it was cold storage, temperature changes are hard on everything too. Would think it might be better to run them and take a little drive a couple times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Cattle guys have a hell of a time with DEF tanks in the winter...heard of some breaking ...codes all the time etc....

Why cant people understand less is more....just give me a MFWD without bells and whistles ...a good seat and let me do my chores....

FFS every cattle guy's tractor should come with an factory installed engine heater rather than half the shit they put on the now....
          You could buy a Belarus ....

Agree on too much useless stuff and DEF. neighbours still run 2 1150’s and pull 75 ft seed hawks . Atom jets , redone the cabs , new air ride seats ...... and guess what , they still go up and down the field at 5 mph , the same as a $750,000 new one but burn way less fuel
          Watch Welker Farms on YouTube , they run the ole Big Buds yet .
          What is also interesting is that the guys that belong to the climate change cult mostly don’t run tier 4 engines with DEF ..... do what I say , not as I do...

Comment

How did the 94 semi with a 3406
            And 50,000 k sell?

Comment

We had a few of that era JD tractors.
              They were good at the time.
              I would never go back to that cab style.

Comment

Is there a market for rebuilt used farm machinery?
                Cat has their certified factory rebuild program where you can buy an older machine completely rebuilt, and as far as I know, avoid the emissions.

Would farmers buy such a thing if it existed, or have technology and expectations changed so fast that no one would have any use for such a thing?

Combines, airseeders, sprayers might be tough, with metal fatigue and wear points everywhere, plus changes in technology. But tractors seems like a potential market.

Could it be done and avoid the regulations and emissions on new machinery?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  Deere nuts are special.
                  i figured that out at green micro wave popcorn

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    We had a few of that era JD tractors.
                    They were good at the time.
                    I would never go back to that cab style.
                    Good thing I don’t know any different. Gotta put new accumulators on them. Not the most convenient to take the kids with you though😉

The reliability and simplicity is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                      So what do you think the almost 30 year old new JD 4760 tractor will bring? With 17 hours to go, it is at $ 257000 Ya, that’s 3 zeros. To rich for your blood, well how about a 1988 jd 4450. With 256 hours and 17 hours till it closes it is at 111000. Sasky you should of been buying and holding all those years. Danny would be smiling, hey Furrow.
                      ritchie bros?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        ritchie bros?
                        Yup , check it out , very fascinating to see what Danny all had .
                        He bought a ton of stuff over the years just for tax right offs , never used .
                        That construction outfit they ran made them an unbelievable amount of money back in the day .

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          It will go to the USA. New is insane these have zero hours and no emissions the Americans know that its a good deal.

Its also a deere, try finding a case ford fendt etc still running today from that time.
                          Buddy has a 2294 with 5 hrs on it sitting in a shed. Literally stole it at an estate auction. He’s been sitting on it not sure what to do with it.

Pretty sure it’s not worth mid six figures though😉

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            Is there a market for rebuilt used farm machinery?
                            Cat has their certified factory rebuild program where you can buy an older machine completely rebuilt, and as far as I know, avoid the emissions.

Would farmers buy such a thing if it existed, or have technology and expectations changed so fast that no one would have any use for such a thing?

Combines, airseeders, sprayers might be tough, with metal fatigue and wear points everywhere, plus changes in technology. But tractors seems like a potential market.

Could it be done and avoid the regulations and emissions on new machinery?
                            The sooner this idea becomes commonplace the better. I have run old machinery for years, with a few upgrades to newer stuff when it was affordable. Give me a rebuilt Steiger , Big Bud , Case IH, and you wouldn't be able to wipe my smile off my face !

Comment

I ask dealers why all the extra crap gets put on machines. ...people ask for them....

What people?

There are things on my 2005 loader tractor I don't use or know what they are there for...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                                I ask dealers why all the extra crap gets put on machines. ...people ask for them....

What people?

There are things on my 2005 loader tractor I don't use or know what they are there for...
                                Deere , Case , Agco ... build machines for customers on a different playing field than most Canadian farms . Fendt is no different.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...