• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations Sask Party! 50 to 11

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    SF I forgot about the gas program. We had power since 1950s. You must mean undergound lines?

But what other things did Divine invest in that paid long term?

The only thing that turned ag around was better prices and the fact that most farms grew in size to a more economic scale.

The farms growing in size to an economical scale are using agristabilty recalculating their margins to get a payment ...all thanks to farmers using the MNP designed program that comes with a huge bill to do business with MNP.

Comment

Maybe NDP, loyal Liberals to the true party name, Buffalo and Independents will have to join forces against the Sask Party like the Conservatives and turncoat Liberals did to take on the NDP in the spring of 1997.

Comment

I was surprised to hear what a big part of Sask economy is tech. Its huge. Also anyone remember, “Red Square”, the Canora-Yorkton commies? I watched for it last night, but its G-O-N-E.
        Last edited by sumdumguy; Oct 27, 2020, 07:45.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Who do you think prodded Mulroney to make an adhoc payment? The history rumour has it that the phone call between Grant Devine and Brian Mulroney was anything but cordial.

Fertilizer plant that the NDP sold off for pennies...same with the share in the upgrader refineries...both that helped bring good paying jobs here....

But I will agree with you on what Wall squandered during the boom....
          In the case of the refinery. Good paying Union jobs at Federated Coop! haha

Devine sold off the crown Potash Corporation that could have been a lasting good investment that paid dividends to Saskatchewan taxpayers.

What else did Devine do that was so great?

Comment

Helped replace stupid people like you chuck That's it to a core and we still have 153 people to go and Saskatchewan is Free of rats also.

Comment

I just love stirring the pot. Or is it reality check time?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                I was surprised to hear what a big part of Sask economy is tech. Its huge.
                Its not all farming, potash and oil then? what share of the economy is tech?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  In the case of the refinery. Good paying Union jobs at Federated Coop! haha

Devine sold off the crown Potash Corporation that could have been a lasting good investment that paid dividends to Saskatchewan taxpayers.

What else did Devine do that was so great?
                  I shouldn't get going on this with you chuck chuck....but if you cant admit Devine laid the groundwork/foundation for the future of this province there is no sense in discussing it with you..

The potash companies had to be taken private because no company will come here with the threat of nationalization like what Blakney did...

While no company is coming here without government money ...there has to be a sense of an open market orientation ( I know there is no such thing and hated writing it )as opposed to being just a subdivision of government .

Comment

Its reality check time and the NDP needs to be a strong opposition.

Punt the DR and burn the place to the ground start up again. Real simple how to get it done.

Chuck and his 153 friends are like the last 153 rats in Sask trying to keep us all in line like Trudeau.

Comment

Breaking News.....

World grain markets mixed on news of a strong Sask Party majority election win.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Its reality check time and the NDP needs to be a strong opposition.

Punt the DR and burn the place to the ground start up again. Real simple how to get it done.

Chuck and his 153 friends are like the last 153 rats in Sask trying to keep us all in line like Trudeau.
                        You and I both know there are good people within the NDP.....their voice just hasn't been heard...

While the current platform did not appeal to most in the province....allowing a buffoon like Moe run it is a recipe for disaster....

A plan is a plan and its a plan...is no different than ""' a proof is a proof and when its a proof its proof."""..Jean Chretien
                        Last edited by bucket; Oct 27, 2020, 07:54.

Comment

The NDP needs to fold their tents and rename their party.
                          Sure is working for the sask party..
                          That old stupid name just is a major turn off for the majority of people here.

Comment

Yes, Bucket there are good people in the NDP I know a few and keep telling them to look at the big picture its time for a change as people aren't buying your message any more.

I want two parties to duke it out and give us good gov. a massive majority isn't the answer. Its a weakness.

Yes, a name change probably would be a good idea.

Comment

Part of the results of this election was because of the coop union strike during Covid shutdown of many small businesses ..... it left a bad residue on the NDP for supporting them all the way through . Then threatening to tax farms even more than we are already and blindly supporting the carbon tax on top of it all .
                              Results speak for themselves.
                              Agree the NDP need to reinvent themselves and think beyond the union walls or they will never be a functioning party in Sask ever again .

The Sask party did get a bit of a wake up call with the buffalo party .... that was Sask party votes .

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                                I shouldn't get going on this with you chuck chuck....but if you cant admit Devine laid the groundwork/foundation for the future of this province there is no sense in discussing it with you..

The potash companies had to be taken private because no company will come here with the threat of nationalization like what Blakney did...

While no company is coming here without government money ...there has to be a sense of an open market orientation ( I know there is no such thing and hated writing it )as opposed to being just a subdivision of government .
                                Why do you need companies to come here when we can build are own like Sask Power, Sask Tel which are both very good at what they do and provide much cheaper rates than what is available in rural Alberta!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.