• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag PHD app

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag PHD app

How many here use it ?
    This is just an example from higher producing areas in Western Canada..

We don’t shoot for this , some do in area but only on select fields .
    Regardless is kinda a handy app .

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    How many here use it ?
    This is just an example from higher producing areas in Western Canada..

We don’t shoot for this , some do in area but only on select fields .
    Regardless is kinda a handy app .
    Yes, went to their field day, watch their Sunday YouTube videos. They have a few decent apps. Definitely worth checking out

Comment

No sense aiming for what you can't achieve.

Might get lucky every once in a while but using macros on that level here would ensure waste and possible bankruptcy over the long haul.

People might forget there is always some release from nutrient cycling.

Comment

Zero soil moisture. Will put down enough at seeding for about 30 I'm thinking
        Who counts straw nutrient uptake if you don't remove the straw?
        Last edited by farming101; Oct 25, 2020, 13:31.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          No sense aiming for what you can't achieve.

Might get lucky every once in a while but using macros on that level here would ensure waste and possible bankruptcy over the long haul.

People might forget there is always some release from nutrient cycling.
          True , we usually aim for about 80% of our target then try to add during season if conditions allow.
          Shooting too high in any area is a recipe for bankruptcy for any farm . Here that might happen 1 in 10 years . Frost , snow , prolonged dry spells and hail fill that gap 70% of the time and 20% is just “shitte” that happens .. ie weed control issues or crop disease (Root rot , sclerotina, fusarium and others) that sometimes can’t be controlled due to weather or other factors .
          Some areas are blessed with 3or4 out of 10 years for near ideal conditions. But that’s not here in our pocket . Some pockets not far away (10 miles) are more consistent at the high end .
          Agree on the nutrient cycling , it gets ignored by most fertilizer retailers .
          Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 25, 2020, 13:42.

Comment

It works good. Get soil test numbers + organic material break down +fertilizer applied gets close to what app figured out

Comment

"Hey buddy can you drop 80 acres of straw for me? Be a pal..." Free of course.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                Yous leaving money on the table

Fertilize to the max

You cant loose

She all goes 50 even with out July Rain !

Give er !
                Yup , until reality hits lol

Comment

We don't use that app yet. Currently use their Ag PhD Drainage App for prepping for tile installation. I really enjoy their radio show when I can get it and watch their Youtubes.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    Total uptake. Need both grain and straw portion.

Scary next spring if it doesn't rain lots in April.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      Yous leaving money on the table

Fertilize to the max

You cant loose

She all goes 50 even with out July Rain !

Give er !
                      Remember what I said about being all in last spring? Not a good feeling when it isn't raining.

And all those nutrients are stranded 4 inches away from the seedrow in a "midrow" band while roots are growing down not lateral chasing moisture.

🤔😉😉😉😉😉😉😛😠

Comment

So what is the consensus on nutrient availability from straw chopped in no-till cropping? Different sources indicate different portions are eventually available again, vs. lost to the atmosphere.

Comment

One good rain can wash all the potash out of the straw.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                            One good rain can wash all the potash out of the straw.
                            And wash get into the soil or wash it away?

I am more concerned about the nitrogen. Some sources indicate that a large portion of the N gets volatized and lost, Unless it is Incorporated.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                              That’s obviously for people who are removing the straw.
                              Duh

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.