• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An election reform idea

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An election reform idea

I thought this was a pretty good idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.38.41 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	778568

Give me a break, look at Trudeau commercials and watch him lie about what he doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
      Give me a break, look at Trudeau commercials and watch him lie about what he doing.
      But everyone knows he is lying ....and if they don't ...they shouldn't be voting...

But to be fair every politician is lying if they open their mouth....

Comment

I don't buy that proposal.....how the hell would you ever be able to hold them to account?

I do think pointing out the other party's faults should be balanced with what you would do different or improve.

Comment

But, what would they have to talk about?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            I thought this was a pretty good idea.

[ATTACH]4925[/ATTACH]
            They are ALL doing the opposite, even in the first debate. And LIE like sidewalks, Singh and May.
            I think the MEDIA should NEVER let any of them NOT answer directly and precisely, their question should be asked till answered and countered with the truth when like Turdo, lies lies lies.

Comment

Horseshit. Dumbo could come out and say he is going to give every Canadian a million dollars cash and no one could challenge him on it.

Comment

Hook every one of them up to a lie detector during a debate. They lie....they get zapped.

Comment

This will never work for the full time arm chair mudslingers on Agriville! If you took away their mudslinging, personal attacks and criticisms they wouldn't have anything left to say! LOL

Comment

I'm with Grassfarmer on this one. Elections need to be about policies, not personalities, but are the farthest thing from it now.

I would prefer to be voting for positions on individual policies, which anonymous candidates have previously stated their position, the winner is the candidate whose positions most closely matches the voters desire on those same positions.
                    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Sep 16, 2019, 07:52.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      I'm with Grassfarmer on this one. Elections need to be about policies, not personalities.
                      But you have to hold those "personalities" accountable for their "policies"

I think the personality begets the policy.

Comment

Personalities are an important part of the decision making process. I don't vote for narcissists.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          But you have to hold those "personalities" accountable for their "policies"

I think the personality begets the policy.
                          There also needs to be a carrot and a stick. Much like in the real world, where compensation is commensurate with doing your assigned job. Perhaps at the next election, while voters are voting for the next round of policies, they also vote on their satisfaction with the previous candidate. Consequences range from life in prison for failure to comply, to multimillion dollar bonuses for doing what was voted for. They could remain anonymous the entire time, as long as there are very clear conflict of interest and ethics watchdogs in place, might actually attract some capable talent that way. Get rid of the entire popularity contest atmosphere, remove the salesmanship/charisma/good hair factors.

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
                            Personalities are an important part of the decision making process. I don't vote for narcissists.
                            Who other than a narcissist is going to want to get into politics in this day and age, under the current system?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              This will never work for the full time arm chair mudslingers on Agriville! If you took away their mudslinging, personal attacks and criticisms they wouldn't have anything left to say! LOL
                              Looking in the mirror again?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.