• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Up we go when will it Blow!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Peas I'm starting to wonder why?

I saw the other day yellows were as much or more than greens !

What are new crop yellows?

Used to grow greens here,,, now days, one rain at the wrong stage and they are toast, ben there, done that.

Comment

Will these higher canola prices now attract more acres when best fall price I can find isn’t above 12? I’m maxed on canola unless I do canola snow canola. Something makes me think I should be a contrarian but I’ve been spanked before. Maybe more oats, and if markets are such I can feed more calves if oat prices tank and fall calf prices are poor lol

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Soybeans were to be the next great thing as well....got some left in bin and the exchange price is 14.25usd. Converts to 18.25cdn and the best price so is 14.50cdn...

Exchange is in basis....phuckoff. That's a -4 dollar basis.

Can't grow them if a guy can't sell them...
        If you are trying to find a home for soybeans in Sask, it can be tough at times. I find many of the Sask elevators will buy to fill a train or two in the fall and then get right out of buying. Last winter some of ours went west to Alberta through a broker. Many times if I have a small load I will load up and head east. I have split loads with feed barley too. In more eastern Manitoba many buy beans year round. I like growing beans but we sure need moisture or forget it. The south east is turning back to peas after a lot of years growing beans but we are too dry in recent years

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
          I saw the other day yellows were as much or more than greens !

What are new crop yellows?

Used to grow greens here,,, now days, one rain at the wrong stage and they are toast, ben there, done that.
          Exactly what we see here
          For some reason greens seem more susceptible. Not sure if fact but they are by far the first to flash then not rebound

Comment

Simple opinion question, I have one quarter I could either grow peas on it or oats, what is everyone’s opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              Simple opinion question, I have one quarter I could either grow peas on it or oats, what is everyone’s opinion?
              If no peas for 8 years or more go peas
              If less than 8 years grow oats .
              Pea price means nothing if peas get root rot . Jmo

Comment

Lots of Canola Snow Canola IMO, will be a YELLOW July!

Comment

You can fight off a lot of leaf diseases in pulses with a couple timely fungicide applications, but once you get white mold in the soil, it takes a lot of (dry) yrs to get rid of it.

Peas are permanently out of our rotation because of that risk.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.