• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How wet did we all get?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How wet did we all get?

Inch here yesterday, real soaker. Looks like another one coming tomorrow. Going to be sometime before harvest resumes. Heard of early durum already called a 2 and 3 due to weight issues. NO 1 you need 63.3 lbs, what kind of joke is that?

Still getting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
      Inch here yesterday, real soaker. Looks like another one coming tomorrow. Going to be sometime before harvest resumes. Heard of early durum already called a 2 and 3 due to weight issues. NO 1 you need 63.3 lbs, what kind of joke is that?
      Still getting

Comment

Bigzee, still raining here with an inch in the guage. Just ducky! Who’s going fishing?

Comment

Two and a half inches since Saturday night. Floating.

Comment

.78 so far. Looks like alot more.
            Next year country?
            Brutal harvest weather!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              .78 so far. Looks like alot more.
              Next year country?
              Brutal harvest weather!
              Farming is always next year country.
              On a positive note just look at how nice the crops will come up next spring. 🤣😆

Comment

Farming is always next year country.
                Ya right....

28-32° heat
                35-50 km per hour incessant winds
                17-30% relative humidity

Seems to be normal spring weather in Ghetto Central.
                Perfect for moisture retention and establishing crops!

Comment

20mm here so far. Still socked in. My stagey Barley I swathed is super soaked now ... been every other year of crap harvest weather in September lately. 2014 we were under 8 inches of snow now. Ugh.

Comment

Now that its so wet and prospects for next year are good i guess we better order up fert for next year before the price increase.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

I will bet dollars to donuts we will be mucking them in. There is a lot of subsoil moisture here now. Right back to 2016 levels. Better harrow it flat.

Comment

It’s still raining but maybe lucked out so far as we only got 1/2 inch at yard. South of town 3/4 and west almost a inch. It’s real wet.ugly

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
                          Now that its so wet and prospects for next year are good i guess we better order up fert for next year before the price increase.🤣🤣🤣🤣
                          Don’t forget to book and pay for canola seed as it is the best time to take advantage of early book specials. 🤣🤣

Comment

I’m sorry. I cut hay Friday. It’s all my fault. First cut hay. Been brutal making hay in this garbage weather.

A bit of barley combined around here so far. Lots of peas out yet. The three fields of even canola in 5000 square miles is getting cut.

Wheat and oats need a month to mature, two weeks frost free at least. Along with lots of canola fields.

What a strange place we live, and what a way to try and make a living!

Comment

1.10 again, 6.66 since Aug 10th
                              Standing water in fields, now have to find, and straight cut around,,, or else.
                              75% of wheat, and 85% of durum still in the field, I'd say more than half of which was dead ripe or sprayed and will be severely damaged. Slow rain yesterday, soaking those heads all day and night, misty and foggy this morning. 75-80% of pulses done, what's left maybe completely gone now.
                              More rain forecast.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...