• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for beef guys

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Bucket,

This is what happens when food, shelter and clothing are no longer priorities, probably a symptom of an affluent society that lost touch with reality and the necessities of life. Survival is taken for granted by some people in the world.
    It's a different world out there for sure. Had the misfortune to spend a few hours in a Brandon shopping mall last week. Lots of overweight people, young and old, waddling around just looking for something to spend their money on. Whole stores that contained nothing I would ever use or desire.
    Weird - then I returned to my hermit life, it's like we are on different planets.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      It's a different world out there for sure. Had the misfortune to spend a few hours in a Brandon shopping mall last week. Lots of overweight people, young and old, waddling around just looking for something to spend their money on. Whole stores that contained nothing I would ever use or desire.
      Weird - then I returned to my hermit life, it's like we are on different planets.
      What you skipped going to Peavey Mart and Princess Auto?

Comment

I end up at the mall a couple times a year too. I enjoy watching people, I shouldnt judge by appearances I know but It is a single digit percentage of people that I consider normal.... like me. So i guess that makes me abnormal? So many overweight, lots just look like they couldnt tie their shoes, lots so covered in ink and piercings you aren't sure what you're looking at, lots that are LGBTQ whatever and making sure they look the part. Just wow, I'm sure they all look at me and wonder wtf is he about too. Definately appreciate the friends and neighbors I got!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
          I end up at the mall a couple times a year too. I enjoy watching people, I shouldnt judge by appearances I know but It is a single digit percentage of people that I consider normal.... like me. So i guess that makes me abnormal? So many overweight, lots just look like they couldnt tie their shoes, lots so covered in ink and piercings you aren't sure what you're looking at, lots that are LGBTQ whatever and making sure they look the part. Just wow, I'm sure they all look at me and wonder wtf is he about too. Definately appreciate the friends and neighbors I got!
          Shite! Go to the midway at your local fair or Walmart after dark. There’s an element out there you never knew existed.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Shite! Go to the midway at your local fair or Walmart after dark. There’s an element out there you never knew existed.
            Have a chick who works in ou shearing she’d known her since she was 14 late 30s now recovering ice user hasn’t had it for 5 years.

Asked her were do you get it in our local town some sort of a subculture she sort of slapped me around a bit and said Peter what planet are you on? After dark car parks at bars supermarkets public toilets.

Like WR said I never know it exists

Comment

You'd be tempted to say its strange "how the other half (of society) lives" but it's much of the other 98%. White, middle aged guys stopping in at what we consider a farm supply town in the heart of farm country. Yet when we stop and look the vast majority of the population there does not reflect us, our values or our way of life. Then you think about wider society encompassing the large cities of the country and you realise how fringe we, and our views are, to mainstream society.

Comment

You'd be tempted to say its strange "how the other half (of society) lives" but it's much of the other 98%. White, middle aged guys stopping in at what we consider a farm supply town in the heart of farm country. Yet when we stop and look the vast majority of the population there does not reflect us, our values or our way of life. Then you think about wider society encompassing the large cities of the country and you realise how fringe we, and our views are, to mainstream society.
                dont disagree but also doesnt mean our views are actually wrong.

if society had some views and values like most country folk have be a better place

Comment

I hear there are rumblings that cattle producers could be getting an extra carbon tax and it will be given to the pulse producers.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                    I hear there are rumblings that cattle producers could be getting an extra carbon tax and it will be given to the pulse producers.
                    Wonder if the queen’s herd (elk,moose, and deer) are going to pay this tax too? They have no problem eating the same diet as my cows on my dime to boot. Most of them amount to destructive animals that just feed the coyotes eventually vs my herd that provides natural unprocessed protein for the masses.

Maybe I could feed a couple pounds of peas and offset the “damage” of my evil herd😉

Comment

Its quite sad isn’t it that the world can’t seem to tell where CO2 really comes from. They say over europe there is over 20000 planes in the sky at any given time.

Comment

Fudge , you and me both

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                          Its quite sad isn’t it that the world can’t seem to tell where CO2 really comes from. They say over europe there is over 20000 planes in the sky at any given time.
                          Catchy graphic but apparently aviation only accounts for 2% of human caused CO2 emissions.

http://www.atag.org/facts-figures.html http://https://www.atag.org/facts-figures.html

Comment

Apparently Canada only accounts for about 1.66% of the world's CO2 emissions

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                              Apparently Canada only accounts for about 1.66% of the world's CO2 emissions
                              Yeah, we're heavy hitters on the emission front given that we only account for 0.5% of the world population.

Comment

It doesn't matter

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.