• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most hated weed?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most hated weed?

For me it’s this one! Scentless Chamomile. I pull it and burn any I see on my land and along most roads that border my fields. It’s like a war to me and has been raging for almost 20 years. In most cases I have kept it under control but I see so many guys just ignore it. Big ego guys that drive up to their fields for a look but never see the weed right beside them. It’s almost like it’s beneath them to bend over and pull it out. If you ignore it it doesn’t take long until it’s spread all over and it’s ugly!

In my yard it’s burdock, fields hawks beard, and Jap Brome. Don’t have a lot of Hawks Beard, but have some JB. It’s a high cost one to control, as Simplicity is the only way to control it cereals. I guess Varro does also. So chem companies soak us for a one wed control chemical .... it’s nicley priced at $17.50 ac.
    It only $4.50 ac for control of it with Assure ll I’m pulses.

Comment

Storks bill

Comment

Kochia and cleavers

Comment

I don't discriminate, "all of them".

Comment

Leafy Spurge and Camomile. Lots of guys around here are oblivious to Camomile, even seed growers.

Comment

Hawkes beard and Japanese brome, Giant burdock in pastures.

Comment

I've got a hate on for sow thistle likely because my dad did too and used to give me a sack and tell me to go pick it out of the headlands.

From a hard to control standpoint toadflax and quack grass.

Comment

Its just to bad the Noxious Weed Act isn't followed,but in the case of chamomile the biggest culprits are Dept of Highways, RM's and towns. No rules for them guy's!

Comment

Wild oats and kochia.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                      Wild oats and kochia.
                      2x with a vengeance

Comment

Chamomile for me too is my most hated weed but I keep some hate out for all of them. Sight of daisies drive me crazy.

Comment

Burdock and bull thistle.

Comment

Round leave mallow, cleavers and G2 resistant mustard. I fight mustard in my sleep.

Comment

Kochia and wild millet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...