• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justins Jackboots

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regina Kijiji always has an ad asking to come to your farm to shoot gophers. Even though we have far too many gophers with far too many mounds, I hesitate to invite them out for liability reasons. Just like this young guy learned the hard way, you open yourself up to be the whipping boy when you give some one license to do anything on your property. Shooting toward neighbours property without their permission is not a great idea either. Despite these considerations, the cops sure didn’t hesitate to use full force-did they? From the cops point of view, how do they know what they are going to confront. A guy I know with his kids was looking for saskatoons near Yorkton and a “ I don’t know what to call him” jumps outta the bush. See you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I wouldn't want the job.
      While they have a difficult job dealing with the underbelly of society, they also totally over react to the law abiding public.

Strathmore isn't a big place. I would be surprised if they didn't know that farmer just by name yet they still went in all swat.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        I wouldn't trade their job either, Damned if they do and Damned if they don't, and they put their lives on the line, all for one of the most thankless and unglorious jobs you can get.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on one guys side of the story. Guessing there is much more to the story, history with police? Ongoing feud with neighbors, possibly involving past violence? Hate to judge a book by its cover, but the full chest tattoo, doesn't add to his credibility in any way.
        That why I said if ....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          If you watch the second YouTube video from the one posted above and this guys story is remotely true ....... the neighbor “lady” needs to be thrown in jail and locked 🔒 up .
          That and yes this kind of b/S is a part result of the nanny state the liberals are pushing for and influencing weak minds
          I think the terms weak minds are redundant in your last statement, what other type of mind would be influenced by such fairy tail notions?

And yes, I acknowledged your "if" disclaimer, a lot of if's in the whole story.

Comment

Yes, there could be more to the story.
            Yes, the police have a shitty job.
            Yes, increased populations mean you don't use a firearm within earshot of someone with a cell phone anymore. Acreage country.
            Yes, you can lose your whole ass if someone anonymously calls the firearms center and says they don't feel safe.
            Yes, police are trained but in a high risk situation the leash is off.
            Question?????
            How many older Sergeants do you see in the force anymore????
            40 is an old cop.
            I was *** near tasered for towing a header down the highway at 60kmh when everyone else was doing 100.
            From Toronto, first posting out of Depot.
            Just like down south boys.
            Keep your hands on the wheel where they can see them.
            And stop instantly when they turn on their lights. Even in the middle of the hiway with a wide load at dusk.
            And make sure you can open your passenger window from the driver side.
            Lol. He came up on the passenger side while I was looking for my license.
            Came unglued when I tried to open my door.
            Ya, just keep your hands where they can see them and move reeeeaaallll slow.

Comment

A Trudeau connection is a pretty big stretch.
              Now I am sure if the same thing
              Happened to native guy around regina.
              It would just be all about the police doing their jobs.
              There are great cops and not so great ones.
              They did seem to go overboard
              Here..

It sounds like a American style
              Arrest .where the police have to assume everyone is armed
              Hopefully we fo not get to that
              Point.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                I wouldn't trade their job either, Damned if they do and Damned if they don't, and they put their lives on the line, all for one of the most thankless and unglorious jobs you can get.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on one guys side of the story. Guessing there is much more to the story, history with police? Ongoing feud with neighbors, possibly involving past violence? Hate to judge a book by its cover, but the full chest tattoo, doesn't add to his credibility in any way.
                Some of the nicest guys I know ride Harleys and are covered in tatoos. Just sayin'

Comment

Funny I don't remember anyone referring to Harper's jackboots when RCMP seized over 600 firearms from houses during the High River flood. As that's way more outrageous than this case I'm sure you must all have been really up in arms about the kind of society and the agendas being pursued by the Harper Government.

Comment

There's way more to this story and no doubt this guy has baggage. He was far to prepared for someone with a clean slate!

Jazz, your one bitter man, are you ever happy?

Comment

I certainly don't condone what they did in HR, but that was an evacuation during a local disaster. Little different than going after some guy picking off gophers in the back 40.

You guys don't really know whats going on in your country do you? Your freedoms are being eroded daily. Plain as the nose on your face. This is how fascism starts, one drip at a time. we will see what you think during Trudeaus second term when he bans firearms all together and puts a wealth tax on everyone and taxes capital gains to the max to fund his social experiment. Don't be complacent.

Comment

Trudeau RCMP confiscate 1 gun = bad.
                        Harper RCMP confiscate 600+ guns = good.

Points for logic by someone concerned about gun control = zero.

Comment

Correct me if anyone cares to look it up.
                          But hasn't it always been a Liberal govt that bans a group or type of firearm. Or makes the ever tighter rules more 'safe'? Liberal enacted laws made High River possible.
                          PET did not want property rights in the Constitution I believe.
                          Starting mostly with the current PMs Daddy??
                          Blaming gopher goons on sitting PM illogical.
                          But the thought rot started with his ancestors.

Comment

Yes, I almost forgot about the past Liberal scholars under Jean Chretian and then Justice Minister Allan Rock bringing in gun registry which they estimated would cost 2 to 4 million initially, but costs quickly ballooned to well over 1.2 billion with the total never fully disclosed to the public. Good God, are there no accountants in Ottawa who couldn't give a more accurate estimate than that, it's obvious the liberals don't bother with accurate fiscal projections. How long do you think they would be employed if they made a 600% override mistake in the private sector and why was it allowed and tolerated in government then and still today. Yet another reason why we must take the cheque book away from the children.

Comment

An analogy us cattle farmers can probably understand.

When tagging/treating/helping baby calves, the vast majority of mother cows will begrudgingly tolerate the intrusion, and so we tend to let our guard down. Then you get the odd cow who out of the blue becomes a killer cow at calving, and the trusting farmer gets rolled, stomped on, smashed and mashed, and is fortunate to survive. Once bitten, twice shy, the next poor cow whose calf gets caught is automatically guilty of all the crimes of the previous killer, and all possible "precautions" are taken to prevent a repeat performance. Slowly we get complacent again, then rinse and repeat.

I can't imagine it is any different being a police officer, except in our case, we deal with cows from all walks of life, and the bad apples are the exception, whereas police see a disproportionate quantity of the less desirable side of humanity, affecting their trust that much more.

I've been beat up and abused enough times, and usually by a cow I thought I could trust so didn't take enough precautions, to be able to speak from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by countryguy View Post
                                Some of the nicest guys I know ride Harleys and are covered in tatoos. Just sayin'
                                As I said, not fair to generalize, lots of exceptions to every rule. But if I'm a police officer, and a guy comes out with no shirt and a giant chest tattoo, it just screams, I make poor life choices

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...