• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swat Team for Gopher Hunters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swat Team for Gopher Hunters

https://calgarysun.com/news/provincial/strathmore-man-family-distraught-after-heavily-armed-rcmp-takedown https://calgarysun.com/news/provincial/strathmore-man-family-distraught-after-heavily-armed-rcmp-takedown
    Last edited by biglentil; Jul 14, 2019, 08:55.

Good to hear DeWolfe recorded the actions of this unprofessional RCMP detachment.
    Hopefully the civil lawsuit does take place, these deadbeat RCMP officers need to focus on real criminals and not taxpaying gopher hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Good to hear DeWolfe recorded the actions of this unprofessional RCMP detachment.
      Hopefully the civil lawsuit does take place, these deadbeat RCMP officers need to focus on real criminals and not taxpaying gopher hunters.
      Yup like the “local” drug cartels the are robbing innocent farm families at gun point . And this b/S above makes more news than that . It’s getting ridiculous

Comment

I know guys are busy and its hard to keep up with everything, but dont for a moment think you are living in the same country you were 4 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Yup like the “local” drug cartels the are robbing innocent farm families at gun point . And this b/S above makes more news than that . It’s getting ridiculous
          Its fun living beside the rez......rainbows and unicorns and the odd butterfly.....

Comment

There's more to this story than deadbeat officers. I'm thinking someone complained about them that has a beef with them.

Comment

Watch his 18 min video.
              Sorry for repost, but a heading with Justin in it will derail faster than a speeding bullet lol.

Anymore around here it's just too risky to shoot a firearm.

Yes, there could be more to the story.
              Yes, the police have a shitty job.
              Yes, increased populations mean you don't use a firearm within earshot of someone with a cell phone anymore. Acreage country.
              Yes, you can lose your whole ass if someone anonymously calls the firearms center and says they don't feel safe.
              Yes, police are trained but in a high risk situation the leash is off.
              Question?????
              How many older Sergeants do you see in the force anymore????
              40 is an old cop.
              I was *** near tasered for towing a header down the highway at 60kmh when everyone else was doing 100.
              From Toronto, first posting out of Depot.
              Just like down south boys.
              Keep your hands on the wheel where they can see them.
              And stop instantly when they turn on their lights. Even in the middle of the hiway with a wide load at dusk.
              And make sure you can open your passenger window from the driver side.
              Lol. He came up on the passenger side while I was looking for my license.
              Came unglued when I tried to open my door.
              Ya, just keep your hands where they can see them and move reeeeaaallll slow.

Comment

I've had a not good experience with the RCMP and gopher hunting as well.

A highway field had an infestation on a hill about 60 yards in. I was out shooting in a safe direction and heard this siren. Crazy me, as there was a tornado warning for the area I just assumed someone somewhere had a warning siren. Nope. Soon there was shouting to lay down the gun NOW. Looked over to see two officers,with hands on guns waving. I unloaded (I don't like loaded unattended guns). That raised the threat level in their minds.

Many questions of who are you, do you your PAL (I did with me), shooting gophers? Really sir? Gophers? When we see someone with a rifle and it's not deer season there has to be concern. Are you depressed? ( I was getting depressed talking to them).

We went at it for an hour. Two RCMP officers in a rural posting that couldn't believe gopher hunting was a thing. They failed to recognize the chewed off canola was a financial hit. It still eaves me bewildered.

The case in Alberta in the story however is much more serious. The complainant perhaps should be charged with endangerment. He used hi spite to create what could have been a fatality. There should be criminal charges. Beyond that I'd sue for sure.
                Last edited by Braveheart; Jul 14, 2019, 19:32.

Comment

Sorry folks. Itchy trigger finger liked my own post. Ha.

Comment

You're lucky your legal activity ( not sure about the 60 yards from road) didn't have a folding stock. You'd been there longer Lol. Happened to me. Kids in uniforms. From the city.
                    Guns just aren't safe to use anymore.
                    There's that safe word again

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                      Easy to do
                      I even accidentally liked one of chucks once lol

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                        That's Ok as long as it's just on the keyboard they won't send a swat team, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          You're lucky your legal activity ( not sure about the 60 yards from road) didn't have a folding stock. You'd been there longer Lol. Happened to me. Kids in uniforms. From the city.
                          Guns just aren't safe to use anymore.
                          There's that safe word again
                          It may have been more than 60 yards. No wonder I cant shoot worth shit. Lol
                          Last edited by Braveheart; Jul 15, 2019, 15:35.

Comment

If you merge the swat team over gophers and the breathalyzer 2 hours after driving, we should be prepping for more police presence in our homes and property. Heck even an uncontrolled burn gets you a visit by fire department. CRA, Turn in poachers and crop insurance all rely on "anonymous tips" the friend of the republic is never prosecuted. This'll never change for the better only the worse, some how the presumption of innocence changed into the the assumption of guilt.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.