• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainfall to date ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last nights showers?????

We have nothing in the forecast for the next 10 days....I have wheat that is 4 leaf ( it won't make it...I know).....want to throw some broadleaf spray on it but don't think its worth it....it will get roundup eventually....if there was a rain possible I would give it the fertilizer...but I have been waiting for a good rain forecast to do it...its not there and its getting late....this crop is done..I have to concede...

Sadly crop insurance won't write it off , I could take it out and reseed to winter wheat or fall rye in August...

Comment

We finally were in the right spot at the right time. A really weird cloud formed out of nowhere Friday afternoon and gave us 1.75 inches at our yard. There was hail but at that point I didnt care. Last night we received another .55 of an inch so we are sitting ok. It should be enough to give us a crop. There was yield loss that was obviously happening before Friday but this has definitely pulled our feet from the fire. Sorry for this report for those who are still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Furrow

What qualifies as a full on drought to you....

You have probably had less rain than 1988 for the last few years. ...

2018 we had less rain than 1988 and used up the subsoil. ...there is nothing in the tank....
        One big thing as well , we have had no real heat yet and lots of cool nights .
        If we had even 4-5 days of heat before now there would be not much here

Comment

The temp difference between our area and north is really quite high.

Today without last nights rain would of set the crop starting to go backwards. Ground has moisture but top drying out.

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
            We finally were in the right spot at the right time. A really weird cloud formed out of nowhere Friday afternoon and gave us 1.75 inches at our yard. There was hail but at that point I didnt care. Last night we received another .55 of an inch so we are sitting ok. It should be enough to give us a crop. There was yield loss that was obviously happening before Friday but this has definitely pulled our feet from the fire. Sorry for this report for those who are still waiting.
            I need 1/2 to 3/4 right now somehow.... 🤞

We are prodded well but need 💧to fill desperately

Comment

That’s the high water stage. Water fills pods and makes big seeds other wise pepper. Our next good rain event would be needed in three weeks to fill plump seeds.

Comment

About 4" since May 1st but 3.6 of that after June 21. Really varies in even a mile, could be an inch more or less on the farm. 1/2" last night hard rain at times, lots of thunder.

Comment

We are about 3" here also. Lots of rain around us but we only get the edge of the storms. Biggest rain of the summer was .8 and the rest of the of the rains have been .4 or less. Just lots of small showers. The crop looks decent because of good subsoil moisture and the cool temps so far. The crop has used up most of the available moisture and will need a rain soon.
                  We have had more rain this year and better subsoil than we did in 88 and 02 and the temps have been a lot cooler and the is a lot better.

Comment

We at 5.5 inches for The yr..
                    4 tenths last night..

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                      We are about 3" here also. Lots of rain around us but we only get the edge of the storms. Biggest rain of the summer was .8 and the rest of the of the rains have been .4 or less. Just lots of small showers. The crop looks decent because of good subsoil moisture and the cool temps so far. The crop has used up most of the available moisture and will need a rain soon.
                      We have had more rain this year and better subsoil than we did in 88 and 02 and the temps have been a lot cooler and the is a lot better.
                      Pretty much exactly as here .
                      You don’t have to go far , 10-15 min drive and rainfall totals are 50% higher

Comment

We are at 5.5 inches.....3.5 came on June 21 in 6 hours....and as much as everyone thinks it will soak in ...they are wrong it sloughs and then it soaks in after done drowning out the potholes....

In reality over the majority of the acres we might have 2 inches in the ground....its right ****ed....or will be....

Comment

Totals have been very variable, but over our acres, we’ve had anywhere between 6-9.5” since before the Apr 27 snowstorm. Some in our area would be over that, depending on where storms have tracked. We had some fall rains, and a decent snowcover. If one had good emergence, things are looking pretty good. There is very little canola on lentil stubble that came up evenly. It’s looking better now that it’s rained and is flowering, but there is a lot of patches that are full of 3 week old canola. Not many swathers around anymore. Group 2 chem damage from 2018 and even 2017 applications in pulses are prevalent, especially canola and barley.

Comment

Lots of shit showing up from other years in fields.

Comment

About 3 inches total. See a lot of guys are much more than that.

Comment

We wont be much over 2" of meaningful rain here since snow melt. Grass seed is very poor but somehow the rest of the crops still look pretty good. For now..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...