• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justins Jackboots

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justins Jackboots

https://nationalpost.com/news/provincial/strathmore-man-family-distraught-after-heavily-armed-rcmp-takedown/wcm/3fe1d0e2-8b89-4bd9-a654-201c5cbe4ea2 Gopher shooting session turns into heavily-armed RCMP takedown on Alberta farm

The Strathmore father of two is considering his legal options just days after he and his family endured a “high-risk arrest” by Mounties on a rural farm, after they’d responded to a complaint that shots had been fired at a neighbouring property.

At about 7:45 p.m. Sunday, Mounties in the town of 14,000 just east of Calgary said they were called for reports of shots fired and responded with “multiple RCMP members,” which quickly spiralled into a terrifying confrontation that left DeWolfe, his family and two friends shaken.

“I’m a guy with a young family. I teach piano for a living, I’m not a drug-dealing thug,” the 29-year-old told Postmedia on Wednesday.

“I thought they were going to kill my wife, my kids and I. Every time I close my eyes, I see a gun pointed at my head.”

In a statement from RCMP, which said they will provide “no further commentary” on the incident, the force said the tactics used were in response to the seriousness of the complaint.

“Given the dangers and dynamics of this type of call to service, multiple RCMP members responded and contained the people who were believed to be involved,” RCMP said.

“No persons were injured during the resulting arrest. The safety of the RCMP and of the public in adjacent areas, as well as the safety of the subjects involved, was at all times the primary consideration.”

DeWolfe said he spent most of the day with his family at the Stampede before returning home around dinnertime Sunday evening. Following his arrival, he got a call from two friends who asked if they could come over and shoot some gophers on his rural property.

Soon after, he saw several RCMP vehicles at his neighbour’s property and called his friends to suggest they wrap up their shooting for the evening. Not thinking much about it, DeWolfe said he then ran a bath for his children, aged four and two.

“Given the dangers and dynamics of this type of call to service, multiple RCMP members responded and contained the people who were believed to be involved,” RCMP said.

Any links to his video of the incident?

Comment

Ignorant heading for a post. Not appropriate considering the RCMP are not controlled by the government. They are your police so it might as well be Jazz jackboots. I thought the extreme right supported the police.

Comment

Beat me to it agstar. I was doing dishes when I read that and thought is was a bit over the top.

My comment coming from a guy who vehemently dislikes the guy in the tread title....

I guess I am too simple to make the connection.

Lots of other shit can be pinned on him though!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          https://nationalpost.com/news/provincial/strathmore-man-family-distraught-after-heavily-armed-rcmp-takedown/wcm/3fe1d0e2-8b89-4bd9-a654-201c5cbe4ea2 Gopher shooting session turns into heavily-armed RCMP takedown on Alberta farm

The Strathmore father of two is considering his legal options just days after he and his family endured a “high-risk arrest” by Mounties on a rural farm, after they’d responded to a complaint that shots had been fired at a neighbouring property.

At about 7:45 p.m. Sunday, Mounties in the town of 14,000 just east of Calgary said they were called for reports of shots fired and responded with “multiple RCMP members,” which quickly spiralled into a terrifying confrontation that left DeWolfe, his family and two friends shaken.

“I’m a guy with a young family. I teach piano for a living, I’m not a drug-dealing thug,” the 29-year-old told Postmedia on Wednesday.

“I thought they were going to kill my wife, my kids and I. Every time I close my eyes, I see a gun pointed at my head.”

In a statement from RCMP, which said they will provide “no further commentary” on the incident, the force said the tactics used were in response to the seriousness of the complaint.

“No persons were injured during the resulting arrest. The safety of the RCMP and of the public in adjacent areas, as well as the safety of the subjects involved, was at all times the primary consideration.”

DeWolfe said he spent most of the day with his family at the Stampede before returning home around dinnertime Sunday evening. Following his arrival, he got a call from two friends who asked if they could come over and shoot some gophers on his rural property.

Soon after, he saw several RCMP vehicles at his neighbour’s property and called his friends to suggest they wrap up their shooting for the evening. Not thinking much about it, DeWolfe said he then ran a bath for his children, aged four and two.

the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHnEkj5-wPM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHnEkj5-wPM

Comment

And that kids, is why you don't want to have anything to do with city/town people that shit their pants at any loud noise, or their mentally retarded offspring who become police officers. They have watched far too many episodes of COPS.

Stay far back in the bush, away from the city where no on gives a shit about a gunshot.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Beat me to it agstar. I was doing dishes when I read that and thought is was a bit over the top.

My comment coming from a guy who vehemently dislikes the guy in the tread title....

I guess I am too simple to make the connection.

Lots of other shit can be pinned on him though!
              Can we blame it on Ralphie Goodale....who watched "a christmas story"...about BB guns....

Comment

Whoa, if this is true sounds like Nazi SS, shameful. The DUI could be Justin's 2 hours after driving law! Yes searching for GUNS, anything goes.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Can we blame it on Ralphie Goodale....who watched "a christmas story"...about BB guns....
                  Sure you can.....he is the Safety Minister.

Comment

I don't see the connection either, but nonetheless, it should be pinned on Trudeau, everything from the weather to the markets to grumpy spouses can and should be blamed on Trudeau. Throw it all against the wall and see what sticks. Seems to work for the other side.

Besides that, this case likely resonates with his core supporters, who think we are all a bunch of wild dangerous gun toting rednecks who need to be subdued. Need to keep his supporters on side so we can get him elected again and separation can proceed as soon as possible

Comment

If you watch the second YouTube video from the one posted above and this guys story is remotely true ....... the neighbor “lady” needs to be thrown in jail and locked 🔒 up .
                      That and yes this kind of b/S is a part result of the nanny state the liberals are pushing for and influencing weak minds

Comment

It happened out here as well...neighbor shooting gophers with a single shot 22 he had lost the clip....was reported by a revengeful neighbour.....this guy is ****ed for travel or holidays....shooting gophers...

****ing cops have to have more brains and say to the reporting neighbour to grow the **** up ...its a single shot...

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                          Ignorant heading for a post. Not appropriate considering the RCMP are not controlled by the government. They are your police so it might as well be Jazz jackboots. I thought the extreme right supported the police.
                          Not at all. maybe you haven't noticed, but one thing the Libs did was unleash all the agencies against the people. CRA, RCMP are all cracking down. RCMP are ticketing anything and everything. They are 100% controlled by the govt. This guys rights were violated.

Comment

Paranoid neighbor possibly with a grudge or really concerned about the shooters' safely using their guns
                            Over zealous cops or Mayerthorpe memories and protecting themselves.

I don't like shooting gophers in heavily populated rural areas or next/close to urban centers. Even if your not shooting towards yardsites, even the sound of a gun going off is enough to make some people call law enforcement. What are they supposed to do? Ignore the call? I guess how they handle it when they get there makes the difference.

I wouldn't want the job.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Paranoid neighbor possibly with a grudge or really concerned about the shooters' safely using their guns
                              Over zealous cops or Mayerthorpe memories and protecting themselves.

I don't like shooting gophers in heavily populated rural areas or next/close to urban centers. Even if your not shooting towards yardsites, even the sound of a gun going off is enough to make some people call law enforcement. What are they supposed to do? Ignore the call? I guess how they handle it when they get there makes the difference.

I wouldn't want the job.
                              I wouldn't trade their job either, Damned if they do and Damned if they don't, and they put their lives on the line, all for one of the most thankless and unglorious jobs you can get.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on one guys side of the story. Guessing there is much more to the story, history with police? Ongoing feud with neighbors, possibly involving past violence? Hate to judge a book by its cover, but the full chest tattoo, doesn't add to his credibility in any way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.