• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 crop rotation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall to wall oats and a little canola and yellow peas, and going to try a small field of oat/pea and pea-ola intercrop...little or no fertilizer, just to compare yield. Hey, if turdope wants no fertilizer and sprays, I'll give it whirl, it's coming anyway no matter who the ruling tyrants are.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Probably should put in some canary seed
      Canary is looking like a good option.

Comment

Im thinking crickets and grasshoppers for the libturds. I should get paid for the hoppers in my lentils.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230326_192852_CEOca.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	774791

Comment

More corn going in, in the US… as fertilizer drops…. Prices favour corn planting… as China buys more corn each day…basis better on corn…

Cheers

Comment

Have thoughts of playing contrarian here but can’t stomach planting a bunch of worthless oats. Have a feeling they’re trying to buy more wheat acres. Off combine wheat and barley prices make better sense than canola. Never thought I’d ever say $15 off the combine isn’t great.

Comment

Last year only time I've ever seen oats from the road in my career. Thinking there's a mountain of it hiding somewhere. Not a traditional area here anyway.
              No oats. Fd barley but presold was the only way I was going to seed it. Small percentage. Green peas small percentage.
              Canola always the max rotation allows. Resistant wild oats bad enough in spots I'd go every second year if could.
              The rest HRS. No CPS. Sold ~15-20% Ca and HRS.
              Hoping for that spring rally.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                More corn going in, in the US… as fertilizer drops…. Prices favour corn planting… as China buys more corn each day…basis better on corn…

Cheers
                Until certain US politicians continue to threaten war on China . This could be a year of extremes we haven’t seen in decades .

Comment

I wonder as well with the Russia Ukraine thing. Russia is the big wheat grower and Ukraine big on corn. Folks over there saying Ukrainian output potential to be substantially lower than reported and shipping an absolute quagmire. Russian output isn’t exactly consistent and more reactive to weather conditions let alone economics than western nations. Granted a lot of demand these countries fill is lower value, and ability to pay more is trumped by ability to starve. This poop show has only been going for just over a year and I don’t think the full effects and consequences have been fully meted out. Russia is able to suffer and thrive to some extent, it’s wired into their dna, but are they able to keep agricultural production at a level to be a major world export player? Is Ukraine locked out of free seaborn shipping much? Is Brazil and Argentina locked out of Belarusian potash to some extent, and increased internal demand to fill the RFS going to not be as much an export player? Sorry for the ramble. Just some thoughts I’m mulling over a beer.

Comment

NH3 prices have dropped…

Cheers

Comment

US fertilizer prices:

Interesting times!

Comment

WASDE report March 31/23

US corn sales to China in the past 2 weeks:

Major flooding in California continues:

Nice to see Soybean and Canola bounce up…

Cheers

Comment

Interesting that the US is planting 7.5 million acres more than last year?

Big storms…

Jet stream next week…

Cheers
                          Last edited by TOM4CWB; Mar 31, 2023, 10:55.

Comment

11 MILLION found acres? Ya sure dream on. Keep the brakes on prices....

SF did you get by the storms yet?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...