• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in florida if you own your home you can buy what ever you want so they know where they are, but this one is in Canada will get when home.

Comment

You never answered the question whats a good scope, last few bushnells a disappointment.

Comment

Just my 2 cents.
        What are you doing with the scope?
        $500-$6000 gives a range.
        Glass is made in China, Phillipines I believe, maybe S Korea, Japan, very little in US, and Germany.
        Other parts, and assembly mostly that order.
        Features and options add up.
        Life is too short, time too valuable to waste with crap. If on a budget, start with the optics.
        Some manufacturers have different lines of scopes made in different countries. From the list above you can draw general conclusions.
        My kiss method is start at US assembly. Applies to red dots too.
        Scopes start at $1000+. There are definitely brands that are a total waste of money. Some even have counterfeits.
        Last edited by blackpowder; Mar 19, 2023, 03:40.

Comment

Agree on what you’re saying. My sons look after that part. We split three ways our collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E0F2A42B-C87F-4E7A-BB2A-D0F5DE06FBD4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	774743

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
            You never answered the question whats a good scope, last few bushnells a disappointment.
            Zeiss

Comment

this would do hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
                Zeiss
                A BLR is not exactly a precision rifle. It can be an great hunter. It's definitely better than minute of milk jug but Zeiss is pricey glass for a BLR.

Comment

Scopes are for wusses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Comment

the scope i showed is worth $2300 usa

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      the scope i showed is worth $2300 usa
                      Go to Ebay - find a used 3x9x50 Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000 - made in Japan for $300

Comment

Be very cautious of Chinese counterfeits. I've seen counterfeit Leupolds. If it's under $1000 you will regret it eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Be very cautious of Chinese counterfeits. I've seen counterfeit Leupolds. If it's under $1000 you will regret it eventually.
                          But that BLR isn't going to drive tacks at 500 yards with a 300, 500, 1, 2 or $3000 scope on it...
                          They're a beautiful gun but Quiqley it aint...

Comment

No, 1 moa would be lucky.
                            My point simply is clarity, and light gathering. Leupold VX3s are $800.
                            I have $800 Bushnells and you can tell.
                            Last edited by blackpowder; Mar 20, 2023, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                              Scopes are for wusses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4
                              I was just thinking that the white death didn’t use a scope, my Finnish Heritage runs deep, my younger years I did very well without a scope but now with reading glasses or without it’s pretty tough to line up both sights and the target, a good scope works wonders for the far sighted.

Comment

Leaver guns are great heirlooms.

Used to see old Winchesters standing in the corner in every bachelor's shack.

Nice pac gun.

Not what you take on a trophy hunt.

Perfect just the way it is.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.