• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So quiet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So quiet

Why is there no posts, be proud friends, you provide commerce where no one else does!

SCS

Been busy here like always before the ground gets too stiff. We were stringing wire while ATCO was just with very different means.

It was cold enough pounding staples but the guy hanging off the side of the chopper definitely earned his pay at -10.

Went to Agri trade and I think the guy selling staple guns has me sold on getting one. Thinking of the pneumatic but not completely sure vs gas. There’s a lot of miles of woven wire to put up with swinging gates which is overdue but very nice when done.

Started plowing in water line again to finish a project started last year and it was going ok till a cable broke apart tying the D8 to the challenger. Got 500 feet in and after lunch we’ll find something else to put in between. Still have 1.5 miles to go but shouldn’t be too bad since the weather isn’t so cold this week.

What’s everyone else up to these days?

Comment

Processing calves, preg checking heifers, built about 4 miles of electric fence, selling bulls, went to Agri-Trade, went to the 4 nations cup, hockey, dance, school, soil sampling, and headed to the Canadian Forage and Grazing Conference this week. Not that hot at updating Agriville, but glad to see some action on here.
      We are learning lots this fall. The Soil stuff is very interesting to me, and we are learning quite a bit about perinatal programming.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
        Been busy here like always before the ground gets too stiff. We were stringing wire while ATCO was just with very different means.

It was cold enough pounding staples but the guy hanging off the side of the chopper definitely earned his pay at -10.

Went to Agri trade and I think the guy selling staple guns has me sold on getting one. Thinking of the pneumatic but not completely sure vs gas. There’s a lot of miles of woven wire to put up with swinging gates which is overdue but very nice when done.

Started plowing in water line again to finish a project started last year and it was going ok till a cable broke apart tying the D8 to the challenger. Got 500 feet in and after lunch we’ll find something else to put in between. Still have 1.5 miles to go but shouldn’t be too bad since the weather isn’t so cold this week.

What’s everyone else up to these days?
        Is that your tile plow? Do you use it for tile too, or just water line? Factory 3pt or is it adapted some how? I am trying to find one to possibly buy or rent, or find someone to hire who has one.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Is that your tile plow? Do you use it for tile too, or just water line? Factory 3pt or is it adapted some how? I am trying to find one to possibly buy or rent, or find someone to hire who has one.
          Just noticed this now so sorry for the late reply. It’s our own plow bought used that my brother drove to Ohio to pick up a couple years ago. We’ve only done water line so far but there is some tiling we’d like to do eventually. We mounted and modified it on the 3pth and drawbar which can swing hydraulically side to side. We bent the shank last year after pulling with a D6 and 875 versatile on the front of it. We cut, heated, and straightened the shank and added an extra foot of material on the back of it. This handled the D8 and hoe without any issues.

A couple of neighbors have asked about custom work but we’ve got a lot of projects that have been waiting for a few years already. If you like to come check it out let me know since I think we’re not too far away from each other.

Hard sticky clay with poor footing required drastic measures 😉

Comment

I see, so are you trying to get water lines in below frost line, ie. 8 feet, without pre ripping?

I probably will come and look, never seen one up close. I now have a D8 with the big single shank ripper, and my plan is to adapt a tile plow onto that shank, only 2 barrel though, no ability to tilt, not sure if that will be a deal breaker( it can tilt by moving the top pins into different holes). I previously built one to go on the excavator, only 2 feet long, mostly for proof of concept if it would work in our soil, and it does. However, using the hoe to plow it in, in hard ground was nearly impossible to keep consistent depth. Preripping probably would have helped a lot. Once I get set up, I have a lot of acres to do, all the best, most productive black soil on slight slopes, that once saturated takes weeks or months to dry out, in spite of being on a slope.

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.